What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Not sure if it qualifies as 'Tinpot' but Hearts vs Aberdeen just before the split in 2016 (http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/201604081.html), Derek McInnes sent his players out early in the half time break to warm up in front of the away end and get 'pumped up' before the start of the second half, the game was evenly poised at the time. Hearts scored early in the second half and won the game 2-1.

Your contribution to this thread is Aberdeen losing a game at tynecastle?

Or is the irony that this actual post is the most tinpot thing we’ve seen?

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 17:19, Dons_1988 said:

Your contribution to this thread is Aberdeen losing a game at tynecastle?

Or is the irony that this actual post is the most tinpot thing we’ve seen?

Whilst I agree that the Dandy Dons losing at Tynecastle is hardly unique. The tin-pottery was the novel, but ultimately futile attempt to get your players 'pumped up' by warming up in front of the away end at half time.

11 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Whilst I agree that the Dandy Dons losing at Tynecastle is hardly unique. The tin-pottery was the novel, but ultimately futile attempt to get your players 'pumped up' by warming up in front of the away end at half time.

I don't get it.

Is it because it was in front of the stand you forgot to order seats for?

17 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Manager sends team out early at half time. Very novel. I don't think I've ever heard of that before actually. 

1 minute ago, shootingboots said:

Manager sends team out early at half time. Very novel. I don't think I've ever heard of that before actually. 

Doesn't often involve training drills in front of the away end.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Having the nickname “dandy dons” is pretty tinpot, imo.

I suspect it's taken from the motto of the local regiment, the Gordon Highlanders, which is "By Dand" or

Bydand (abiding, steadfast, an adjectival use of the Middle Scots present participle of bide or a contraction of the Scots phrase 'Bide and Fecht,' meaning "Stay and Fight".)

Good one m8

I suspect it's taken from the motto of the local regiment, the Gordon Highlanders, which is "By Dand" or

Bydand (abiding, steadfast, an adjectival use of the Middle Scots present participle of bide or a contraction of the Scots phrase 'Bide and Fecht,' meaning "Stay and Fight".)

Bydand beedons?

Ps, thanks for the trivia ammo

I'm sure that when I was a wee boy, so maybe up to 20 years ago, I remember seeing a story on the news about one of the SPL sides having one goalpost  shorter than the other so that the crossbar ran at a weird angle. This was only noticed when someone hit a thunderb*****d from way out on the wing that cannoned off the bar when, by rights, it should have went screaming into the top corner. 

If I've remembered this correctly then not even having proper goalposts is pretty tinpot. 

Not the SPFL but we had a Cup tie against Cove Rangers a few years back. We were 5-0 up and bring on an aging and way over the hill James McFadden with over half an hour to play and the rest of the team decide to chuck it and try and get him on the scoresheet instead of going for more goals. Needless to say this attempt failed miserably and it ended up looking like a James McFadden testimonial match. 

To be honest everything about McFadden's second and third spells with the club was tinpot and cringeworthy as we tried to turn a 30 something crock into the teenage wonderkid he was a decade previously and paid him extremely handsomely whilst doing it.

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I'm sure that when I was a wee boy, so maybe up to 20 years ago, I remember seeing a story on the news about one of the SPL sides having one goalpost  shorter than the other so that the crossbar ran at a weird angle. This was only noticed when someone hit a thunderb*****d from way out on the wing that cannoned off the bar when, by rights, it should have went screaming into the top corner. 

If I've remembered this correctly then not even having proper goalposts is pretty tinpot. 

Remember that myself, and pretty sure it was Albion Rovers, whose goals had sunk into the ground so weren’t the correct height. It’ll be difficult to find anything on it but 20 years ago sounds about right.