What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

13 hours ago, AJF said:

This is aimed at both culprits here. Seriously, who the f**k decides while packing for their trip to Ibiza that they will take football related stickers to put up around the place?

Absolute weirdo behaviour. It’s one of the greatest places on earth. There’s a lot there to keep you occupied rather than putting up fucking stickers 😂

Clyde fans plastered Ainslie Park toilets with stickers when Edinburgh City played there.

Only the stickers were quite cheap and the glue not very strong so they ended up in the urinals. Not the first time Clyde have been pissed on but satisfying.

I will confess to an act of tinpot vandalism when younger:

On a train between Salonika and Budapest I did notice graffiti naming Red Star Belgrade and Ferencvaros so I wrote "Edinburgh City FC" next to them.

Have any other P&Bers ever graffitied trains with the names of obscure East of Scotland League (as City were then) teams to confuse Serbs and Hungarians?

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I will confess to an act of tinpot vandalism when younger:

On a train between Salonika and Budapest I did notice graffiti naming Red Star Belgrade and Ferencvaros so I wrote "Edinburgh City FC" next to them.

Have any other P&Bers ever graffitied trains with the names of obscure East of Scotland League (as City were then) teams to confuse Serbs and Hungarians?

On a wall outside Euston Station in London 50 years ago, someone painted in large letters "Tweet Tweet for the Lochee Fleet". Saw it on a Wembley weekend in 1973.

All be it faded but it was still there in the 1990s.

9 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

On a wall outside Euston Station in London 50 years ago, someone painted in large letters "Tweet Tweet for the Lochee Fleet". Saw it on a Wembley weekend in 1973.

Yep...I have seen that a few times over the years (I think someone pointed it out to me one time) - the latest must have been in the mid 90s.

I see loads of those sad stickers around, mostly near football grounds here. There's a particularly vile Sevco one that I've seen a few times on the street I live on (I stay close to both Dundee grounds).

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I see loads of those sad stickers around, mostly near football grounds here. There's a particularly vile Sevco one that I've seen a few times on the street I live on (I stay close to both Dundee grounds).

Aye, it's normally concentrated around train stations, well it is in Livingston anyway. I also noticed this morning there is fresh "UB07" (Rangers Ultras group) graffiti on a roundabout sign here. As others have said, just so tacky and needless.

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Im guessing it the all t***s are targets one? Seen it about myself.

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

That was the England Scotland game where a wee drunken half-wit ran on to the pitch to try to punch Alan Ball.

Away fans showing up to a game and slapping a few stickers about the place I understand. Stupid, childish, etc, but I can see the mental processes at work.

It's the stickers from random European ultra sects that haven't ever played near the ground in question that interest me. Are these from neutrals deciding to take in a game and mark their territory, or are there holidaymakers coming to see Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile, who put down their iPhones their batch of fresh tartan tat, and whip out a batch of stickers to mark out some random lamppost off Leith Walk as 'NK Istra 61' or "Ultras Midtjyelland" or whatever?

Edited by Aim Here

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cant get anything to load on twitter, any chance you can summarise, since I was seething about this at the time. 

20230701_114419.thumb.jpg.741a5dfcf3e1f12e2f7bdb00c485ba28.jpg20230701_114422.thumb.jpg.f938f2a29799cb042342db852b5b4c36.jpg20230701_114425.thumb.jpg.6ac76f21c7729272083b27dc24f9f155.jpg

34 minutes ago, jagfox said:

20230701_114419.thumb.jpg.741a5dfcf3e1f12e2f7bdb00c485ba28.jpg20230701_114422.thumb.jpg.f938f2a29799cb042342db852b5b4c36.jpg20230701_114425.thumb.jpg.6ac76f21c7729272083b27dc24f9f155.jpg

Im not a fan of pyro anyway, but throwing pyro on the pitch is arsehole behaviour.

Also, breaking parts of the home stadium and injurying young fans because some people cant control themselves is OF behaviour.

So, ultimately, the team on the pitch were put in a sporti g disadvantage because a section of the support acted like arseholes. Fair enough IMHO.

Now lets use that same energy for disadvantaging teams for fans chanting vile, bigoted pish, eh?