What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

23 hours ago, Molotov said:

Membership numbers for Hamburg Loyal RSC grew in the ‘80s, although exact numbers are difficult to know, Michael conceding “we weren’t very careful with the accounting.”

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm fucking astonished that the main stand of the new £5m 'Lesser Hampden' isn't on this thread.

Like something from Game of Thrones

Wimbledon starting a week on Monday...

On 24/06/2023 at 17:07, kingjoey said:

Am I the only one who has no f*ck*ng clue what this is about? And where does Dunfermline come into things?

About twenty five onion Bears drove up to Dunfermline and robbed two Germans while brandishing blades then drove back to Glasgow all pleased with themselves.  

On 24/06/2023 at 20:31, Marten said:

I've been to St. Pauli twice, quite a few clubs claim an affiliation with them but I can't recall seeing anything Celtic-related except for the odd scarf in a pub that was probably just left by a visiting Celtic fans (they have tons of football scarves in that pub as it's a real football pub).

They do sell a half and half scarf in the club shops unfortunately. 

46 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Half and half scarves eh? I’m sure I remember another couple of teams sharing a scarf, can’t quite remember who it was though.

6 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Please explain what makes him a bigot?

Granted it may be a bit annoying a guy from the town not supporting the local team, even if it is his legitimate choice but, please explain how he is a bigot?

Guilty by association presumably. 

Someone clearly isn't buying the "small minority" angle. Which is his legitimate choice I suppose 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Granted it may be a bit annoying a guy from the town not supporting the local team, even if it is his legitimate choice but, please explain how he is a bigot?

Why he is a bigot !!! Why !!! Not  how. Kelsey Grammar is important you know . 

10 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Were this a court of law it would be remiss of us not to insists @Caledonian1provide more evidence to support his admittedly plausible hypothesis and to more narrowly define his terms

But surely, given the low stakes, we can grant him sufficient literary license here and skip that bit

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm fucking astonished that the main stand of the new £5m 'Lesser Hampden' isn't on this thread.

It's like the stage in my old school assembly hall. 

9 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Half and half scarves eh? I’m sure I remember another couple of teams sharing a scarf, can’t quite remember who it was though.

Right thread for that too. 

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

When I went to see TSV 1860 Munchen several years ago there seemed to be quite a lot of "Half and Half" scarves even for other German teams. Maybe it's a German football culture thing or maybe it was a TSV thing. They seemed so committed to detesting Bayern that they probably didn't have any ill will left for anybody else. 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

the simpsons art GIF by hoppip

20 hours ago, Toby said:

I did stumble across it on Twitter, but I think the picture was taken from Dunfermline’s Challenge Cup game against Celtic B  this (last) season, which is equally as poor.

Looking at his profile though, it appears the boy’s also got a soft spot for Shelbourne. Got to admire the message on the Shelbourne tee-shirt on his profile picture.

IMG_6600.jpeg.3efd84f8e3cbb332093620e889f618c2.jpeg

What a complete tadger.

He maybe meant Social Club.