What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

28 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

My dad was technically dead for 10 seconds till they restarted his heart and he got better

does this mean he’s Italian?

Check his cupboards and make sure he's got no Italian league titles.

If no, he's your dad and not an Italian football club.

If yes, ask questions.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

Squonk showing the unbelievers that we've always been The Rangers,  nice one mate.

It must be of considerable comfort to you that your club had always been known as The Rangers, while dealing (badly) with the grief of its undeniable death. How very 'Rangersy' of you to focus on an absolute irrelevance as an attempted distraction because you are unable to contest documentary evidence provided by Rangers themselves that kills the club continuity myth stone dead. Staunch, very staunch.

Edited by Squonk

3 hours ago, Squonk said:

It must be of considerable comfort to you that your club had always been known as The Rangers, while dealing (badly) with the grief of its undeniable death. How very 'Rangersy' of you to focus on an absolute irrelevance as an attempted distraction because you are unable to contest documentary evidence provided by Rangers themselves that kills the club continuity myth stone dead. Staunch, very staunch.

Proudest day of my life when uncle Charlie founded us and thanks for the staunch praise, it's appreciated. 

15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Depends, DAZN after finally getting a channel might see the value in taking on the whole thing. Everyone else would presumably just wait it out until they can target the specific rights that interest them.

And in the meantime we'll be the only ones losing out, as usual. 

12 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

In the likes of Italy, when a club goes bust (happens every week) they just buy the rights back from the national FA and go again. Their supporters accept, though, that they did go bust, they're just on a 17th 2nd life, essentially.

But not for rangers, of course. They never died, they just merely ceased to live, like the brains of their supporters.

I know about the Italian model, because as you say it happens a lot! 

I don't see that it matches the general Rangers fans approach or the opposite one. 

It's somewhat in between as they carry their Honours etc over into the new iteration of the club. 

It depends if you think of a team as a football club or a business. 

I hate the money side with a passion and would prefer a more even playing field but nobody even outside the OF wants that. Too many clubs with their own selfish narrow interests. 

12 hours ago, stressball said:

Well it was completely different. Fergus has stated he could have liquidated and started again, but it was too embarrassing so he paid off our debts.

I know it was different but the old company died and the new one took over with Celtic. So how is that different at a fundamental level? 

1 hour ago, Renfrewblue said:

I hate the money side with a passion and would prefer a more even playing field but nobody even outside the OF wants that. Too many clubs with their own selfish narrow interests. 

Nobody wants a more even playing field? Hmm.

1 hour ago, Renfrewblue said:

I know about the Italian model, because as you say it happens a lot! 

I don't see that it matches the general Rangers fans approach or the opposite one. 

It's somewhat in between as they carry their Honours etc over into the new iteration of the club. 

It depends if you think of a team as a football club or a business. 

A football club is a business.

14 hours ago, stressball said:

Well it was completely different. Fergus has stated he could have liquidated and started again, but it was too embarrassing so he paid off our debts.

and then you had to repay Fergus !?

5 hours ago, AJF said:

I tend to find The Elephant Test works best in these situations.

Big ears !

A football fan who threw a boiled sweet at a police car has been banned from matches for eight years.

Marc Cumming, 25, was told by a sheriff that he cannot be trusted attend games following his third ban.

Cumming formed part of a group of Rangers diehards The Union Bears outside Ibrox Stadium on September 17, 2022.

He threw a boiled sweet at a police vehicle during a mass disturbance after a match against Dundee United.

He initially told officers he was not part of the group but during a search he was found to be wearing a Union Bears t-shirt.

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/rangers-fan-who-ran-on-pitch-after-scottish-cup-defeat-to-hibs-banned-for-throwing-sweet-at-police-car?fbclid=IwAR1Ac7J3546RaDywobEovO_79YVjh968puQSmV87ryUMzsRc19UPEOmBAe0