What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 minute ago, Stag Nation said:

When you become a company director, you have a legal duty to act in the interests of the company, and hence its shareholders. You political views are irrelevant.

They are also members of an association they're supposed to act in the interests of.

4 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Definitely genuine, it's the wee stall in Buchanan Galleries if I'm not mistaken? One side Celtic stuff, and the other side Rangers. I walked past the other day and noticed the equivalent Mr Bluenose t-shirt at the other end. As Weegie a 'Yir Da' Xmas gift as you will get.

Yeah it is. They’ve actually got some cracking Italian and South American stuff however given they are based in a city where the football is mainly fuelled by bigotry, they know where there market is.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yeah it is. They’ve actually got some cracking Italian and South American stuff however given they are based in a city where the football is mainly fuelled by bigotry, they know where there market is.

I'll be honest it's crossed my mind a few times to set up a business (or two) making tat for both sides. To me it would be parody and I'd have a great laugh, but then the money would start rolling in and it just wouldn't stop.

They've both made fortunes off bigotry, why shouldn't I?

Tinpot Daily OldFirm goes large with Daniel O'Donnell's Plastic Pitch HAYT!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-pleads-spfl-premiership-31631878

An actual journalist would've asked, 'Er, don't you have plastic pitches at Lennoxtown, Mr O'Donnell?' No doubt they'll be looking for similar comments from Plastic Bertrand at Ayebroke.

11 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Tinpot Daily OldFirm goes large with Daniel O'Donnell's Plastic Pitch HAYT!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-pleads-spfl-premiership-31631878

An actual journalist would've asked, 'Er, don't you have plastic pitches at Lennoxtown, Mr O'Donnell?' No doubt they'll be looking for similar comments from Plastic Bertrand at Ayebroke.

To be fair Robinson was asked the exact same Q yesterday and gave a similar impassioned speech against plastic. No idea why every Prem manager seems to have been asked that particular question this week. 

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

To be fair Robinson was asked the exact same Q yesterday and gave a similar impassioned speech against plastic. No idea why every Prem manager seems to have been asked that particular question this week. 

Aye, and tbf the Daily Roaster quotes him too. Had it been only him, though, it would have been a postage stamp squeezed in below some 'Old Firm Should Hoover Up Diddy Team Stars, Says Random Ex-player' story.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

. No idea why every Prem manager seems to have been asked that particular question this week

There's rumours of a rule change to ban them in the Premiership (which I think would be a nonsense rule).

57 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I'll be honest it's crossed my mind a few times to set up a business (or two) making tat for both sides. To me it would be parody and I'd have a great laugh, but then the money would start rolling in and it just wouldn't stop.

They've both made fortunes off bigotry, why shouldn't I?

It’s not just the clubs though is it?

The SPFL and the SFA actively market our game to sponsors and TV companies based on this sectarian hatred. Fcuking obscene behaviour.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I thought it was a shortened version of Tim Malloy ie rhyming slang for bhoy. 

It is. Apologies for linking this site, but it was the only link I found that had a photograph of the article:

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/39-the-timaloys-of-paradise-39-celtic-support-1961-t48941.html

One of my mates refers to himself as a Tim, and I know a few more casual acquaintances who do as well.

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

When you become a company director, you have a legal duty to act in the interests of the company, and hence its shareholders. You political views are irrelevant.

Absolutely. I was just pointing out that despite the general consensus among the Celtic support, their board is often politically the polar opposite of that image, particularly in terms of conservatism. I mean then there is the fact that Celtic are a globalised brand owned by industrialists capitalists… 😄

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

This is very nebulous though, you could very clearly argue that doing something which benefits Scottish football as a whole could have long-term benefits for your club.

3 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

See will that's the thing, the 'living wage' is often seen by companies as a thing to promote in terms of being a responsible employer to retain/recruit staff and look good in front of their customers. The board have chosen to absorb the cost of it (because of pressure from their customers and shareholders) yet are refusing to become part of it because of their political views. The 'legal duty' thing  is so wooly it's almost irrelevant for this stuff though tbh.

Edited by gannonball

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Celtic are playing on one this week, so need to get the excuses primed on the off chance that the multi-millionaires don't beat us on Sunday.

As for the supposed ban, it's the 10,000 seater rule all over again. There's obviously someone hoping that Livingston are relegated and with Killie due to change theirs, the top flight can pull up the drawbridge.

There was a terrific game played on plastic last night - did Kris Doolan mention the surface post match? (I genuinely don't know btw, I didn't see it).

1 hour ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Celtic are playing on one this week, so need to get the excuses primed on the off chance that the multi-millionaires don't beat us on Sunday.

As for the supposed ban, it's the 10,000 seater rule all over again. There's obviously someone hoping that Livingston are relegated and with Killie due to change theirs, the top flight can pull up the drawbridge.

There was a terrific game played on plastic last night - did Kris Doolan mention the surface post match? (I genuinely don't know btw, I didn't see it).

I don't think it's comparable to the 10 thousand rule tbh. Yes changing a pitch can be a significant cost but it's not something that would ever prevent a team being promoted, require groundshare etc.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I don't think it's comparable to the 10 thousand rule tbh. Yes changing a pitch can be a significant cost but it's not something that would ever prevent a team being promoted, require groundshare etc.

It'd be restrictive and disruptive.

There's just 6-7 weeks from playoffs ending to LC starting. They're major income streams. Some grant funded. Several clubs haven't training centres. Many full-timers = 3Gs (Livingston/Airdrie/Raith/Hamilton/Falkirk/QotS/Cove/etc.).

8 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Primarily shareholders but also stakeholders which covers a wide range of interested parties, a significant one being the association their members of and league body. 

And acting in the interests of shareholders is not code for take any decision possible to maximise shareholder income.