What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 hour ago, Arnold Layne said:

Wimpy

In terms of Tin-pottery - Only Dingwall, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and Fraserburgh apparently have Wimpy's* - the fast food equivalent of #TB4 

*I had to check that on their lavish website BTW. Their boast that they "satisfy hundreds of hungry fans across the UK" was so brilliantly small-time that I came away liking them even more, if that were possible.

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Donnie Munro :lol: They should probably delete their website again after that.

I am not familiar with Donnie Munro but the UK's No 1 Dolly Parton and Kenny Rodgers tribute band is up there in terms of tinpottery

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

I am not familiar with Donnie Munro but the UK's No 1 Dolly Parton and Kenny Rodgers tribute band is up there in terms of tinpottery

They do a great version of Highlands in the Stream. Possibly.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

In terms of Tin-pottery - Only Dingwall, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and Fraserburgh apparently have Wimpy's* - the fast food equivalent of #TB4 

*I had to check that on their lavish website BTW. Their boast that they "satisfy hundreds of hungry fans across the UK" was so brilliantly small-time that I came away liking them even more, if that were possible.

Aberdeen had/have(?) one in the leisure arcade place at the beach

7 minutes ago, Swello said:

Aberdeen would love a Wimpy - but no dice

I still thought the bowling at Camelon, Falkirk still had one but alas no :(

Found this article whilst wimpy hunting, mentions the spicy bean burger which a younger gannonball was a fan of....

https://www.scotsman.com/business/companies/retail/where-can-you-find-the-last-wimpy-burger-bars-in-scotland-1-4082576

Edited by gannonball

Killie has a wimpy in the Garage tenpin bowling and go carting centre. FYI.

16 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Killie has a wimpy in the Garage tenpin bowling and go carting centre. FYI.

Don't think many towns can boast about having a Nightclub, go-karts, bowling and a wimpy in the same building tbh. Absolute juggernaut of a town.

4 minutes ago, WFAANW said:

Don't think many towns can boast about having a Nightclub, go-karts, bowling and a wimpy in the same building tbh. Absolute juggernaut of a town.

Don't think any other town would boast about having a Nightclub, go-karts, bowling and a wimpy in the same building tbh.

4 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

Don't think any other town would boast about having a Nightclub, go-karts, bowling and a wimpy in the same building tbh.

My clubbing days are clearly over but what's not to like about, "go-karts, bowling and a wimpy in the same building"?  Apart from the fact it's in Ayrshire?

I was telling someone about the Wimpy the other day.  I've not been there in a long time but back in the day Wimpy was always well overpriced compared to the gypsy pleasure of McDonalds.  Burgers were pretty good though.

Might pop into Wimpy tomorrow on the way to RP.