What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

It absolutely is a trend. 

They used to be few and far between and kept for special occasions. Us winning the league at Cappielow, you lads smashing up Sevco etc.

Now it's every week somewhere at a standard match. It's lost all of its true spontaneous feeling.

See crowds singing Ring of Fire, people shouting YOU WANT SOME and other various fleeting trends. The Man City thing where everyone jumps up and down facing away from the pitch has died down in recent seasons but that's another example.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not organised, but there are some fans who will have decided before the game that they'll be on the pitch if a goal is scored.

Plenty of last minute winners have gone in without pitch invasions previously. It's only because it's now a fad that folk do it. They also do it for run of the mill goals at any other time of games.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

It absolutely is a trend. 

They used to be few and far between and kept for special occasions. Us winning the league at Cappielow, you lads smashing up Sevco etc.

Now it's every week somewhere at a standard match. It's lost all of its true spontaneous feeling.

See crowds singing Ring of Fire, people shouting YOU WANT SOME and other various fleeting trends. The Man City thing where everyone jumps up and down facing away from the pitch has died down in recent seasons but that's another example.

Be more middle aged, lads 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Nothing wrong with imo, fans get carried away because it means something to them. So long as players and stewards aren’t hurt or subject to abuse then i see no harm done.

Lots of things suck passion out of the game let fans celebrate 

I wonder if Jinky has always had this stance......

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, and that time added on for a stoppage is somehow extra playing time.

Really bugs me where a commentator talks about a "93rd minute goal" in a league game. The three minutes of time added on are to bring the game approximately back up to a point where it ends after 90 minutes have been played.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, and that time added on for a stoppage is somehow extra playing time.

Not a chance is there an equal amount of time added at the end after a instance of the game being stopped due to fans running onto the pitch. 

There's plenty of examples of celebrating a goal (especially in a regular non Derby league game), without disturbing the game, yesterday's pitch invasion was tin pot.

2 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Not a chance is there an equal amount of time added at the end after a instance of the game being stopped due to fans running onto the pitch. 

There's plenty of examples of celebrating a goal (especially in a regular non Derby league game), without disturbing the game, yesterday's pitch invasion was tin pot.

Is this you?

Got to be honest, as I approach 40 I do now find it immensely annoying when people do not sit in their marked seat. It just makes things awkward and annoying for everyone.

Same applies when reservations on trains are not respected.

I have no problem with people enjoying the fitba and being enthusiastic etc, but this modern craze for pitch invasions is all part of the risible 'limbs' culture and feels very performative.

I don't like young people.

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Are you suggesting that they are organised?

With those specific Aberdeen fans, yes. In the 18/19 season, a late-ish James Wilson winner for Aberdeen at Livingston saw a small bunch of their fans pitch invade. I was fine with that. It was likely spontaneous given it'd been a tight and exciting match. Yet those same Aberdeen fans have pitch invaded each season since upon Aberdeen goals, even in the first half. It's the same folk each time as they do it from the same part of the away section. What annoys me (and this is only a minor annoyance, not a big deal at all, I must make clear) is how they only do it to us diddies, Livingston and County. They get it right up the diddy clubs yet politely shite themselves when at Ibrox, Parkhead, Tynecastle and the rest. No pitch invasions from them at those grounds. 

55 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Really bugs me where a commentator talks about a "93rd minute goal" in a league game. The three minutes of time added on are to bring the game approximately back up to a point where it ends after 90 minutes have been played.

We had an example against Falkirk a few seasons back.  It was a late relegation crunch game in the season they went down and we survived only via the play-offs.

They scored a very late penalty and there was a minor invasion amid wild celebrations.  When play resumed, we got a (soft) penalty of our own.  Dobbie scored it and it effectively kept us up ultimately.  

A daft version emerged though that suggested the Falkirk celebrations had 'created' the necessary time for the equaliser.  

It's a ridiculous suggestion.

21 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Got to be honest, as I approach 40 I do now find it immensely annoying when people do not sit in their marked seat. It just makes things awkward and annoying for everyone.

I have no problem with people enjoying the fitba and being enthusiastic etc, but this modern craze for pitch invasions is all part of the risible 'limbs' culture and feels very performative.

ach I know what you mean. It’s not for me anymore but let them have their days out. 

The world is shite and getting worse, far from me to tell young guys not to enjoy themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

ach I know what you mean. It’s not for me anymore but let them have their days out. 

The world is shite and getting worse, far from me to tell young guys not to enjoy themselves. 

Early in the match yesterday there was a bit where the singing around me meant I couldn't hear the end of the story my mate was telling. Got to be honest, I was quite annoyed.

Fortunately, Hearts were shite for the rest of the afternoon and we could converse in peace.

1 hour ago, Hauzen said:

Eh? 

1 hour ago, Hauzen said:

I still don't understand why they don't use the same system as other sports, where the stadium/TV clock is stopped when the ref stops the clock. It's not like there aren't enough officials now to handle it

34 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

What genuinely bugs me is when folk won't sit down when people behind have asked them too. Selfish arsepieces standing in front of old folk. Standing is fine IMO if you're not blocking someone else's view. I'm probably past middle age now and teetering on 'old' and it boils my piss. 

Also, I've googled 'limbs culture' and I'm still none the wiser. Probably because I'm too old. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I still don't understand why they don't use the same system as other sports, where the stadium/TV clock is stopped when the ref stops the clock. It's not like there aren't enough officials now to handle it

Probably because the games would last about 3 hours.  I agree with the suggestion though as it also removes any doubt about where the "extra time" came from and also prevents refs from indicating a minimum of 2 minutes and then playing 6.

Pretty sure that we could reduce games to an hour, if we only run the clock down when the ball was in play and it would actually be an increase in the game time.

Edited by strichener

25 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Early in the match yesterday there was a bit where the singing around me meant I couldn't hear the end of the story my mate was telling. Got to be honest, I was quite annoyed.

Fortunately, Hearts were shite for the rest of the afternoon and we could converse in peace.

😂

Like it.

28 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

You’re just about ready to join us in section B