What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

8 hours ago, The Master said:

For all the posts in this thread, I’m not sure we can top a game being delayed because they can’t flush the  stadium toilets. #TheBarclays

What's the most tin potty thing you've seen in Barclays.

11 hours ago, The Master said:

For all the posts in this thread, I’m not sure we can top a game being delayed because they can’t flush the  stadium toilets. #TheBarclays

My first away game was Stirling Albion v Meadowbank Thistle in 1987. There were 4 foot nettles growing out of the urinals

A non flushing cludgie? Luxury 

Not wishing to sound like Norbert Colon here but 5 quid for a fanzine?!

Ultras are wee fannies but I quite like it that kids are going along to teams like Edinburgh United and the like. They'd better not grow up too fast though lest they end up on the committee...

11 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

This is quite an instructive story in a couple of ways.

Firstly, we need to clarify that we do not have 'ultras' in Scotland. We have wee fannies with drums.

I have no beef with the young lads making an atmosphere and organising themselves, putting on their displays etc. Good on them, it adds something to the atmosphere and I'm sure they're having a good time. Fair play to them.

But the 'ultras' we have in Scotland are essentially wee laddies playing at being ultras with their drums and their flags and their black t-shirts etc. Part of this whole charade is the objection to being filmed and the whole faux anti-authority shtick. This is lifted out of the European and South American ultra scene, but, while those ultras are often directly involved in organised crime, gang violence, and controversial politics, the 'ultras' in Scotland are wee laddies that go to the game then are back for dinner because their mum says it's on the table by half six. It's not exactly comparable to an Egyptian fan not wanting filmed in case he gets added to a security services list.

Secondly, their self-image needs brought down a peg or two. They've developed (in typical folly of youth style) this image of themselves as superior fans or people with something interesting to say about football culture. They are neither of those things. They just want to be because that's how they view the real ultras abroad, most of whom are also just dicks. We've had this at Hearts too, with the young team getting a bit big for their boots and a few incidents at away games where a few of them have been telt.

In this instance you've got that sense of entitlement and self-regard leading these wee wallopers to have a dig at a boy who, while he's not my thing and I'm not his audience, is just a lad who goes around making videos about the fitba in a completely uncontroversial way. The 'bois' objection to this is performative shite and it's actually quite good that they've outed themselves as a bunch of wee arseholes with nothing constructive to offer.

It would be good if this causes a few people involved in this sort of stuff to stop and consider winding their necks in a wee bit.

By all means, get on with your displays and your silly wee chants that are the same at every club etc. But this idea that these groups are some kind of voice or group of superior fans needs to be dealt with. They're just weans kidding on to be what they see on the internet. This incident shows the Motherwell lads to just be a bunch of horrible wee shites, if nothing else. It's a really poor thing to put out, and doesn't actually make any sensible or articulate points.

Wee arseholes, imo.

On this topic, what's with the black or white t-shirts some of then wear? I noticed the Hibs lot all wearing white t-shirts against Luzern and see some of the Sevco scumbags are wearing black t-shirts tonight against Servette.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

On this topic, what's with the black or white t-shirts some of then wear? I noticed the Hibs lot all wearing white t-shirts against Luzern and see some of the Sevco scumbags are wearing black t-shirts tonight against Servette.

In the case of Rangers: Trying to be like the European Ultras who tend to wear black.

In the case of Hibs: Probably to represent the white flag they appear to pull out against any Premiership side.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

2 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

In the case of Rangers: Trying to be like the European Ultras who tend to wear black.

In the case of Hibs: Probably to represent the white flag they appear to pull out against any Premiership side.

I’ve had it explained to me before they all wear the same or similar colours as each other so they are less identifiable to the authorities. None of them stand out so are harder to distinguish. Which itself is tragic because it means they know they will potentially be up to no good - even though some may claim they are unfairly targeted.

Edited by AJF

I didn't watch the whole game, but it was poised at 1-0 until the last 15 minutes or so, and the keeper made two pretty important saves just before the second goal. No idea if any other goalkeepers had good games over the weekend.

26 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He might not deserve to be in team but just going off a scoreline to assess an individual players performance is pretty ridiculous.

indeed, strikes me that that type of "thinking" is tinpot - its no doubt the individuals bias getting in they way there.

Weird logic that a keeper with a clean sheet has somehow had a nothing game.

Aye that must be it, he definitely wasn't shoehorned in because of who he plays for, and 4-0 absolutely doesn't suggest a comfortable win (indeed it was the biggest win across the SPFL last weekend). He must have pulled off multiple heroic saves to keep his plucky team of underdogs in it.

According to the BBC stats Livingston had a total of 2 shots on target. Annan has 5 against Montrose in Montrose's 1-3 win. Why is the Montrose keeper not in the team of the week then? Ross County had 8, so why not the St Johnstone goalkeeper? Etc.

It's not like there were keepers who might have saved a penalty in a narrow win or keepers who made some vital saves to save a point for their team. 

Edited by DA Baracus