What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

Not sure what he's done to you but it's getting a bit creepy now Bennett.

You're supposed to post an amusing gif as a response. 

Are you really a celtic fan?

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Perhaps not tinpot but funny. Caley concede a goal for 44 year old Ross Tokely

That horrible big p***k should have been permanently banned from the game after that cowardly hook at an opponent in a friendly not so long ago.

39 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

His wife is a footballer as well?

Only saw the video of the friendly match incident tbh, and there seem to be plenty of folk within football circles willing to attest that he's highly unlikeable. If there's any truth in domestic issues and he's lifted his hands to a woman, then the whole world should be shunning the cowardly b*****d, not just the footballing one.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Only saw the video of the friendly match incident tbh, and there seem to be plenty of folk within football circles willing to attest that he's highly unlikeable. If there's any truth in domestic issues and he's lifted his hands to a woman, then the whole world should be shunning the cowardly b*****d, not just the footballing one.

I remember being at an Aberdeen v ICT game probably about 15 years ago where there were a lot of chants aimed at him alluding to this. A quick Google shows that his wife has taken legal action to protect herself in the event he ever lifts a hand in her direction again 

On 18/10/2023 at 15:40, RiG said:

Ross County tweeting about their support for "Show Racism The Red Card" and then turning off the replies when they were called out for the obvious hypocrisy.

I’ve got a slight bit of sympathy for Ross County (not for hiring the manager or choosing to keep him) but in these cases it’s probably the charity who have contacted the league who have sent them in the clubs direction.

In that case what are the club supposed to do? Say sorry we don’t want to promote this because our manager is a racist? Can you imagine the storm that would cause.

Of course you could’ve just not hired him to avoid all that hassle.

17 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I’ve got a slight bit of sympathy for Ross County (not for hiring the manager or choosing to keep him) but in these cases it’s probably the charity who have contacted the league who have sent them in the clubs direction.

In that case what are the club supposed to do? Say sorry we don’t want to promote this because our manager is a racist? Can you imagine the storm that would cause.

Indeed

it’s easy to criticise Ross County but

Keeping Malky Mackay in Dingwall isolated away from anywhere with a large ethically diverse population is probably a good thing for society on balance.

In fact that point probably still stands even without the words “ethnically diverse”

On 19/10/2023 at 19:44, Sortmeout said:

To quote someone on Twitter it could have been a more respectful post if it had started with a statement from the manager, including an apology and the steps the club will take by ensuring there is a collective ethos of anti-racism. Maybe they would visit some schools to hammer home the anti racism message. But instead they just switched the comments off. 

Edited by RiG

10 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

it’s easy to criticise Ross County but

Keeping Malky Mackay in Dingwall isolated away from anywhere with a large ethically diverse population is probably a good thing for society on balance.

In fact that point probably still stands even without the words “ethnically diverse”

Ross County: the Craggy Island of Scottish football.

"I hear you're racists now, County. I'm so busy down the croft I won't have time for the ol' racism"