What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Certainly not specific to the SPFL, but this does my head in game after game, season after season. Why is this still in the IFAB Laws of the Game under Law 12.2?

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:

• controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it

16 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Certainly not specific to the SPFL, but this does my head in game after game, season after season. Why is this still in the IFAB Laws of the Game under Law 12.2?

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:

• controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it

It's so that angry fans can scream "SIX SECONDS!!!!" any time a goalie looks like they might be wasting time

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's so that angry fans can scream "SIX SECONDS!!!!" any time a goalie looks like they might be wasting time

I know it’s a pretty minor thing, but keepers now keep the ball for over 20 seconds is becoming the norm when they want to waste time. My point is, why is that bloody Law still there? It’s never adhered to. Just make it 15 seconds and enforce it.

2 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

To be pedantic, isn't it a debate about chronology, not pedantry?

No, it's around the definition of what "new" is. If it hasn't happened for 40 years then can it be considered "new". Boring and a distraction from the point I'm trying to make.

So I had no desire to get drawn into it.

2 minutes ago, velo army said:

No, it's around the definition of what "new" is. If it hasn't happened for 40 years then can it be considered "new". Boring and a distraction from the point I'm trying to make.

So I had no desire to get drawn into it.

So it's about semantics, not pedantry.