What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

48 minutes ago, bennett said:

If Neil Lennon ever returns to management that could be an experience. 

"Head Coach Nick Montgomery will wear a microphone during the match, enabling fans watching at home to hear his specific coaching from the sidelines. He will also speak to the commentary team as the game goes on. Alongside this, Sergio Raimundo will wear a bodycam to give a first-person perspective of the team on the pitch from the dugout"

Surely Hearts have someone in the house phoning in the tactics and changes etc?

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Fair play to Sky for trying to make the Edinburgh Derby a watchable experience, probably their most ambitious project yet.

They could try making the Old Firm derby an experience without sectarian vile pouring from the stands, but that would be in the realms of fantasy.

1 hour ago, Ceiling Granny said:

Do people actually like this sort of coverage? I would probably rather the manager just cracked on with his usual job rather than having in the back of his head he was being constantly recorded, and if not my team I think I’d really rather just watch the match 🤷‍♀️.  

I'm sure BT tried it in the National League with interviewing managers during the game. Always seemed a complete waste of time.

Mental Hibs agreed to do it for Montgomery's first derby (I think?).

The type of pish dreamt up by someone who has never been to a game of football in their life.

4 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Sky have tried this too late imo, I would’ve watched purely to listen to Lee Johnson firing out cliches for 90 minutes 

John Lambie being mic'd up and broadcast live on Sky would have them off the air before half time.

They should at least get it on someone who is more likely to lose the plot. Would be mildly interested in hearing a fully raging Martindale or Robinson trying to hide it mid flow or hearing the batshit thoughts of Derek Adams. Dont be giving it to the sensible ones.

17 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

They could try making the Old Firm derby an experience without sectarian vile pouring from the stands, but that would be in the realms of fantasy.

If there was not sectarian vile pouring down from the scum in the stands then Sky wouldn’t have interest in the old firm fixture unfortunately.

They thrive, along with the scum who attend these games and their families, thrive on the hatred.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If there was not sectarian vile pouring down from the scum in the stands then Sky wouldn’t have interest in the old firm fixture unfortunately.

They thrive, along with the scum who attend these games and their families, thrive on the hatred.

Sorry but this is just isnt true the large (and growing) amount of Celtic fans who have no Irish/Catholic heritage prove this. Even going further away Church attendance has fallen off a cliff in the British isles since the 80s also. 

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Sorry but this is just isnt true the large (and growing) amount of Celtic fans who have no Irish/Catholic heritage prove this. Even going further away Church attendance has fallen off a cliff in the British isles since the 80s also. 

I'm not sure that proves the point you think it does.........

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I'm not sure that proves the point you think it does.........

Yeah tbh I was only speaking from my clubs perspective tbh and mashing in something I had said earlier. There is undoubtedly still hatred, some still sectarian obviously but it's a pretty tame affair these days when u compare it to a couple of decades ago that @Grangemouth Bairnstill believes it still is. Scottish society is thankfully changing for the better albeit some still would rather we have a divide. 

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I thought Spartans were a bastion of amateurism like Queens Park were up until recently

But I've been wrong about things before

They were (supposedly) amateurs up until the late 90s. 

There's a lot about Edinburgh City's lovely neighbours people don't know...

2 hours ago, Ceiling Granny said:

Do people actually like this sort of coverage? I would probably rather the manager just cracked on with his usual job rather than having in the back of his head he was being constantly recorded, and if not my team I think I’d really rather just watch the match 🤷‍♀️.  

They did some of it for a game in the Premier League down south. Most reaction seemed to ombolve the Alan Partridge shoulder shrug gif. 

The body cam during the warm up in particular just showed that players run about a bit and kick a few balls about, all set to a visual treat akin to a skipper on a North Sea trawler during a storm. Pointless and nauseating at the same time.

41 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Ok point proven - there are no sectarian songs sang at either of the clubs games. I’m so glad that Roamin in the Gloamin and the Billy Boys are now banned and will never be heard again.

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ok point proven - there are no sectarian songs sang at either of the clubs games. I’m so glad that Roamin in the Gloamin and the Billy Boys are now banned and will never be heard again.

I see you have back tracked a  bit here. 

Speaking of RITG it is a song I hadn't heard at CP for at least a decade but for some reason it has resurfaced since Covid. It might be because I have moved away from the standing section hough and nearer the Bhoys (I think they are called)  though who are often utter fuckwits. It might be the only song sung by the Celtic support that it is actually bigoted and only seems to be sung by them but it can get to f**k regardless. 

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Surely Hearts have someone in the house phoning in the tactics and changes etc?

They are standing about 6 feet away from him during the match, no sure they really need someone watching the telly.................

3 hours ago, Ceiling Granny said:

There is almost no chance that this will be live, theres bound to be a delay - as we all know, swearing on TV gets an apology, sectarian chanting - nowt

22 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I see you have back tracked a  bit here. 

Speaking of RITG it is a song I hadn't heard at CP for at least a decade but for some reason it has resurfaced since Covid. It might be because I have moved away from the standing section hough and nearer the Bhoys (I think they are called)  though who are often utter fuckwits. It might be the only song sung by the Celtic support that it is actually bigoted and only seems to be sung by them but it can get to f**k regardless. 

Not backtracking mate. I think Rangers and Celtic fans are sectarian bigots.

We are never going to agree on this so not worth debating.