What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

The hibs relegation Derby v Hearts kids at Tynecastle just after our (deserved) admin event.

We we’re already doomed but not ty by the hand of hibs,they imploded and joined us in the championship.We destroyed them and and the new Sevco at a fkn canter.hibs enjoyed the championship that much they stayed for 3 years.

Biggest tin pot moment in Scottish football history has to be the hibs “relegation derby”.

#always in our shadow 

Or indeed the time Ross county (Ross fkn county 😂) beat hibs in a final at Hampden.

Tinpot as f**k = hibs,

Edited by woolf

14 hours ago, woolf said:

The hibs relegation Derby v Hearts kids at Tynecastle just after our (deserved) admin event.

The Relegation Derby is one of the most objectively funny things that has ever happened in Scottish football.

It doesn't matter what team you support. It's just hilarious.

Putting fliers round the internet, getting dressed up, preparing for the biggest party of your lives in relegating your rivals; only to lose the game, be beaten by your rivals' team of children again a week or so later at home, eventually going on to be relegated yourselves (having blown a 2-0 playoff lead at home), and spending three years in the second tier after watching your rivals, whose misery you had planned to celebrate, gain a record-breaking promotion at the first attempt.

Pure self-inflicted abject humiliation for Hibs.

For the record, I was 100% convinced we'd win the game, and the next derby. Wasn't in the least bit surprised. It was just so obvious.

From this

EYmzAnk.jpg.75cf8dee1e886c8d21372298f9ab3b1c.jpg

To this

Untitled.jpg.bdb2dfe3d01ab72a2e2c425f30b9a5ff.jpg

To this

Untitled.jpg.18f905ff4cb1e692c552f2d316d93e88.jpg

Untitled.jpg.634eaa2ae4e1637524b9faf418174a88.jpg

Edited by VincentGuerin

14 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

The Relegation Derby is one of the most objectively funny things that has ever happened in Scottish football.

Putting fliers round the internet, getting dressed up, preparing for the biggest party of your lives in relegating your rivals; only to lose the game, be beaten by your rivals' team of children again a week or so later at home, eventually going on to be relegated yourselves (having blown a 2-0 playoff lead at home), and spending three years in the second tier after watching your rivals, whose misery you had planned to celebrate, gain a record-breaking promotion at the first attempt.

For the record, I was 100% convinced we'd win the game, and the next derby. Wasn't in the least bit surprised. It was just so obvious.

From this

To this

To this

Reported. Sure we used the same background our season ticket campaign that year.

On 05/01/2024 at 20:23, woolf said:

We we’re already doomed but not ty by the hand of hibs,they imploded and joined us in the championship.We destroyed them and and the new Sevco at a fkn canter.hibs enjoyed the championship that much they stayed for 3 years.

Biggest tin pot moment in Scottish football history has to be the hibs “relegation derby”.

#always in our shadow 

Or indeed the time Ross county (Ross fkn county 😂) beat hibs in a final at Hampden.

Tinpot as f**k = hibs,

image.png.7e39b22a67549744a2ae0d84601469ea.png

Edited by Hoose Rice

Tbf to Hibs fans, this was the table at the time. Its not too hard to believe they didnt think they could be relegated, although they were on a run of 1 win in 11.

Screenshot_20240107_074523_Chrome.thumb.jpg.16776e1388d0d7d105771ec52a5fb6fb.jpg

Relegation derby was utter idiocy given our history in the fixture and you could see the result coming a mile off. 

However if we don't get relegated we don't get the 21st of May so I'll take it. 

21 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

From this

To this

To this

It's right up there for top funniest moments but I think the reason why it doesn't get brought up as much others is because it's Hibs. It's hilarious but not massively surprising at the same time even though they looked safe at the time, it's just very Hibs.

58 minutes ago, EH75 said:

Relegation derby was utter idiocy given our history in the fixture and you could see the result coming a mile off. 

Yep,  as @RandomGuy. mentioned above, the table looked "ok" pre this match, but anyone who had been watching us knew that team and management were clueless and characterless (unless screaming in the face of young kids is "character") and we were in freefall.

As you say, the appointment of LeeAnn Dempster (get well soon), Stubbs as manager, and some great player recruitment really helped us.

John McGinn joining us (when we were already down) was a real statement of intent. Remember all those Celtic and Diets fan(nie)s who said he (a) wisnae very good (b) wasnt worth £2m (c) would never make it in England?

1 hour ago, EH75 said:

Why couldn’t Hibs have won the Scottish Cup while still a Premiership team?

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Yep,  as @RandomGuy. mentioned above, the table looked "ok" pre this match, but anyone who had been watching us knew that team and management were clueless and characterless (unless screaming in the face of young kids is "character") and we were in freefall.

As you say, the appointment of LeeAnn Dempster (get well soon), Stubbs as manager, and some great player recruitment really helped us.

John McGinn joining us (when we were already down) was a real statement of intent. Remember all those Celtic and Diets fan(nie)s who said he (a) wisnae very good (b) wasnt worth £2m (c) would never make it in England?

I really don't really remember folk saying that tbh from a Celtic fan point of view. Many said he wasn't going to be a first team pick for Celtic straight away which was understandable given we had Brown, McGregor and and Rogic at the time. The valuation thing was more Lawwell being aware no one else was in for him untill Aston Villa had a fast take over and ended up making a c**t of it over a a couple of hundred grand.  Apparently we did match it eventually but he had already agreed with Aston Villa. He went to the championship as well so I doubt many would have doubted his talents there.

I will be honest and say I didn't see him developing in to the player he is now but the way folk throw the quote Tom English used at the time as some sort of Alan Hansenesque faux pas as to him not getting in the Celtic XI wasn't an outlandish claim at all really. The real one who should be red faced is Lawwell.

Edited by gannonball

53 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I really don't really remember folk saying that tbh from a Celtic fan point of view. Many said he wasn't going to be a first team pick for Celtic straight away which was understandable given we had Brown, McGregor and and Rogic at the time. The valuation thing was more Lawwell being aware no one else was in for him untill Aston Villa had a fast take over and ended up making a c**t of it over a a couple of hundred grand.  Apparently we did match it eventually but he had already agreed with Aston Villa. He went to the championship as well so I doubt many would have doubted his talents there.

I will be honest and say I didn't see him developing in to the player he is now but the way folk throw the quote Tom English used at the time as some sort of Alan Hansenesque faux pas as to him not getting in the Celtic XI wasn't an outlandish claim at all really. The real one who should be red faced is Lawwell.

Genuine question - do you think, if Celtic HAD signed him, and he then developed into the player he is now, he'd still be at Celtic now?  Or would he have been sold on at the significant profit he'd've generated?

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf to Hibs fans, this was the table at the time. Its not too hard to believe they didnt think they could be relegated, although they were on a run of 1 win in 11.

Screenshot_20240107_074523_Chrome.thumb.jpg.16776e1388d0d7d105771ec52a5fb6fb.jpg

Well no, only an absolute moron would view being 7 points clear prior to the split - having played a game more - and conclude that their team could not possibly be relegated. Did they forget how the bottom 6 fixtures work exactly? 

Hibs certainly weren't likely to be relegated but a team in that position is in no way safe regardless of their form. 

7 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Genuine question - do you think, if Celtic HAD signed him, and he then developed into the player he is now, he'd still be at Celtic now?  Or would he have been sold on at the significant profit he'd've generated?

We nearly always sell them on. I doubt Mcginn would have been any different as  I'm sure if he really wanted to come to Celtic when we were after him he could have forced it through. If he was here and left I wouldn't blame him either, even ignoring the ambition/development argument that is had on here the wages you get compared to us would be silly to ignore.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This just makes it funnier. If they’d done it whilst clearly in serious trouble it would just have been daft. 

The state of the league table gave them just enough confidence to go into that derby in party mode. So, so silly.