What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

31 minutes ago, Urban Spaceman said:

I still sit beside people at parkhead that call anyone thats not a Celtic fan that word. Motherwell fans are **** without the bus fare. Dundee are ***dee, Hearts are obviously **** etc etc.

In some more excitable Hearts this might cause offence or provoke anger, personally I find it just triggers smug arrogance

Which is not a nice trait so I'd rather it wasn't encouraged

The only reason there's any religious connotations with the word *** is because Rangers and The Rangers have consciously fostered a religious identity in the club/company, to the point where anything negative whatsoever said about them can be claimed to be a result of sectarianism.

They have been the ones encouraging this, not the rest of us.

Edited by DiegoDiego

6 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

**** are Rangers fans, or fans with leanings towards Rangers.

I’ve said this before, but h*n is only seen as offensive because Rangers fans want it to be offensive. 

Arabs - Dundee United fans

Sheepshaggers - Aberdeen fans

Smokies - Arbroath fans

H*ns - Rangers fans.

10 hours ago, Urban Spaceman said:

You seem certain in your belief here, so no point getting dragged into a debate. It sounds like its already been done to death on here in the past so dont wish to drag it up again either. Its tedious and no argument is going to change peoples entrenched mind in this.

But me and my Celtic supporting mate were called that name on a weekly basis during school, based purely on the school we went to. They knew we werent R*ngers fans, they knew who we were, but presumably because we didnt go to the Catholic school we were ***'*.

I still sit beside people at parkhead that call anyone thats not a Celtic fan that word. Motherwell fans are **** without the bus fare. Dundee are ***dee, Hearts are obviously **** etc etc.

What do they call Hibs then?

Because if it wasn't for the Hibees they'd be ***...ting for Clyde tickets.

16 hours ago, Urban Spaceman said:

You seem certain in your belief here, so no point getting dragged into a debate. It sounds like its already been done to death on here in the past so dont wish to drag it up again either. Its tedious and no argument is going to change peoples entrenched mind in this.

But me and my Celtic supporting mate were called that name on a weekly basis during school, based purely on the school we went to. They knew we werent R*ngers fans, they knew who we were, but presumably because we didnt go to the Catholic school we were ***'*.

As with all words it depends on how its used and by whom, but as a Celtic fan I know its used in a religious way at times and then we hide behind the excuse of it only referring to fans of them, when its mostly used for anyone that's not us. just surprised that some make apologies for the intention of the word, even if it did originate as non religious. 

As I say just my experience. Makes no difference if its legislated against in the WOS as both sides will perpetuate it, makes excuses and blame the other, try to justify that one word is worse than the other. rinse repeat.

I'm glad to see someone else gets it. IMO words can change in meaning over the years, so to me *** is no more and no less a sectarian slur than ***, as that is evidently the intent in it's usage. As someone who was bullied at primary school in Kilwinning (which is richly deserving of it's reputation) for being insufficiently anti-Catholic, I find being called a *** by one (or more likely, several thousand) of your fellow Celtic fans deeply offensive. This in no way makes me one of the other lot.

as @kingjoey just proved people don't want to hear others experience of the word and are entrenched in their view of the world.

I believe it originated from a newspaper article in the 60s / 70s or whenever and apologists for sectarianism need to stick strictly to that definition, despite how its use has changed over the years. 

I was a Celtic fan that went to the wrong school, in their eyes that made me a ***.I was offended as a kid, but mostly bemused to be called a *** regularly because I was an "other". Didnt go to there school, didnt hang about with them. I didnt go to the Catholic school which all good Celtic supports had to in their logically world. 

anyway apologies for derailing the tinpot thread. As you were. 

On 05/02/2024 at 13:27, Urban Spaceman said:

But me and my Celtic supporting mate were called that name on a weekly basis during school, based purely on the school we went to. They knew we werent R*ngers fans, they knew who we were, but presumably because we didnt go to the Catholic school we were ***'*.I

still sit beside people at parkhead that call anyone thats not a Celtic fan that word. Motherwell fans are **** without the bus fare. Dundee are ***dee, Hearts are obviously **** etc etc.

As with all words it depends on how its used and by whom

, but as a Celtic fan I know its used in a religious way at times and then we hide behind the excuse of it only referring to fans of them, when its mostly used for anyone that's not us. just surprised that some make apologies for the intention of the word, even if it did originate as non religious. 

As I say just my experience. Makes no difference if its legislated against in the WOS as both sides will perpetuate it, makes excuses and blame the other, try to justify that one word is worse than the other. rinse repeat.

As bad as the 'yeah but who is your big team' patter.

Celtic fans using it as a religious slur describing non Catholics is no great surprise. You're talking about the hardcore fans, often described as 'the minority', that are as bad as the other erse cheek's, thinking everything revolves around them both, and supporting them is all about having a religious divide.

Anyone outside of those 2 sectarian supported teams know that **** are Sevco fans, and its use isn't anything to do with religion. 

3 hours ago, JD and associates said:

The whole world would be better off if the west of Scotland went kaboom. 

Is that so you could apply to take one of the vacant spaces in the league after you're relegated?

Edited by RawB93

On 05/02/2024 at 20:04, DiegoDiego said:

The only reason there's any religious connotations with the word *** is because Rangers and The Rangers have consciously fostered a religious identity in the club/company, to the point where anything negative whatsoever said about them can be claimed to be a result of sectarianism.

They have been the ones encouraging this, not the rest of us.

Interestingly, the historic H*** were very successful for around a hundred years - especially against their Roman foes - but ultimately their power, prestige and civilisation (such as it was) collapsed and they sort of liquidated themselves, leaving very little trace (although some successors claimed continuity to give themselves legitimacy).

Not the SPFL, not even Scottish football.  

Two absolutely tin-pot things about England's hosting of the 1966 World Cup.

One of the games in England's group, France v Uruguay, had to be played at the dilapidated former Olympic Stadium at White City. Why you ask? It was scheduled for a Saturday and Saturdays at Wembley was greyhound night. The greyhound promoters refused to cancel hence the football was moved.

Secondly, the final was played on 31st July. Why so late? Well the BBC were the sole broadcasters and couldn't have covered the tournament in the close season because of their commitments to cover Wimbledon and the Open golf

31 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

The word "h*n" is demonstrably not sectarian (never was, never will be) and the fact it is censored on this football forum panders to knuckledraggers and is pathetic. 

Is it true all **** call their first born sons, Attila?

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Is it true all **** call their first born sons, Attila?

His name is Steve and I'm unsure how he'd know if they all phone their first born sons.

On 05/02/2024 at 22:07, Dagdagh said:

Rangers launch investigation after Nazi SS flag brandished during Aberdeen  clash - Aberdeen Live

Given they let scummy basterds put up stuff like this,  getting called **** is the least of their worries.

Christ on a bike. That’s surely a criminal offence? What next? Swastika tifos?