What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The Tifo's are a different issue, that shouldn't have happened, you obv can't trust them not to take advantage of being allowed to bring them in, and the club issued a statement about that.

I'd take that club statement with a pinch of salt. 

7 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Essentially, the theft of Meadowbank has been a failure.

The people of Livingston have rejected the club and it's all basically been a waste of time.

The best outcome now is Livi going bust, shedding their shameful origins, and starting again from the bottom with some respectability and finding their own level. Although, I get the feeling that if they do go bust, there will be no significant phoenix club. The town isn't interested and has made that very clear.

I wouldn't say so Vincent. 

We were getting 300 odd fans a week in the 1980s/early 90s (very similar to Edinburgh City these days). Increased our support by more than 1000% in less than 10 years. Still getting 5x what we got in the Meadowbank days. 11 seasons of top flight football in 22 years and a major trophy. The Livingston fanbase is getting younger all the time and is in better shape than 10 years ago.

If we can consolidate ourselves as a decent Championship side, and I'm sure we can, as well as bringing back all of the stellar community work we've done as a football club - raising thousands of £s for people who lost their homes in a fire a couple of years ago, thousands of meals provided to those living below the poverty line during COVID lockdown, free tickets for schools in deprived local areas, helping to provide sports facilities to children in the local area, mental health support sessions etc etc - we'll be better supported than most Championship sides in 15 years. 

A lot of people my age are having kids, so this will be the time we'll see a new generation of diehard Livingston fans. If that's in the Championship, I'm more than happy as long as it's fully sustainable.

On the 3 stands for the OF point, I'm certain most Livingston fans would rather go back to the Championship until the end of time if it means we don't need to endure that again. I agree with some of the Kilmarnock fans on here, it's not sustainable in the long-term and damages the profile of the club. I'd give all away sides the East Stand only. If that means we lose £300k a season and means we can't compete at this level as a result then fine. We could support ourselves in the Championship for years (and even get promoted to the top division as we did in 2018), I'd be happy to go back there.

3 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

I wouldn't say so Vincent. 

We were getting 300 odd fans a week in the 1980s/early 90s (very similar to Edinburgh City these days). Increased our support by more than 1000% in less than 10 years. Still getting 5x what we got in the Meadowbank days. 11 seasons of top flight football in 22 years and a major trophy. The Livingston fanbase is getting younger all the time and is in better shape than 10 years ago.

If we can consolidate ourselves as a decent Championship side, and I'm sure we can, as well as bringing back all of the stellar community work we've done as a football club - raising thousands of £s for people who lost their homes in a fire a couple of years ago, thousands of meals provided to those living below the poverty line during COVID lockdown, free tickets for schools in deprived local areas, helping to provide sports facilities to children in the local area, mental health support sessions etc etc - we'll be better supported than most Championship sides in 15 years. 

A lot of people my age are having kids, so this will be the time we'll see a new generation of diehard Livingston fans. If that's in the Championship, I'm more than happy as long as it's fully sustainable.

On the 3 stands for the OF point, I'm certain most Livingston fans would rather go back to the Championship until the end of time if it means we don't need to endure that again. I agree with some of the Kilmarnock fans on here, it's not sustainable in the long-term and damages the profile of the club. I'd give all away sides the East Stand only. If that means we lose £300k a season and means we can't compete at this level as a result then fine. We could support ourselves in the Championship for years (and even get promoted to the top division as we did in 2018), I'd be happy to go back there.

A huge amount of "if everything goes better than it has so far" about that.

I understand you need to be optimistic. But it's over.

28 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Essentially, the theft of Meadowbank has been a failure.

The people of Livingston have rejected the club and it's all basically been a waste of time.

The best outcome now is Livi going bust, shedding their shameful origins, and starting again from the bottom with some respectability and finding their own level. Although, I get the feeling that if they do go bust, there will be no significant phoenix club. The town isn't interested and has made that very clear.

Meadowbank moving to Livingston is hardly a failure, they've managed to do more than a hell of a lot more established bigger teams, winning a cup and several lower league titles as well as 2 stints in the top flight isn't a waste of time. As much as your hatred for all things Livingston blinds you, you've taken it to a new level here.😂

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Meadowbank moving to Livingston is hardly a failure, they've managed to do more than a hell of a lot more established bigger teams, winning a cup and several bottom tier league titles as well as 2 stints in the top flight isn't a waste of time. As much as your hatred for all things Livingston blinds you, you've taken it to a new level here.😂

You "achieved" all this with a completely unsustainable model and your town are still completely uninterested. You're on your way to the lower leagues, and then oblivion.

That's failure.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

A huge amount of "if everything goes better than it has so far" about that.

I understand you need to be optimistic. But it's over.

On the pitch it doesn't need to be as good as it has been for nearly two thirds of our days in Livingston. We could do with a little bit more boardroom stability than we've had over the past 12 months or so, but that will sort itself.

Livingston will be a much bigger club in 20 years time, I'm absolutely certain of that.

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Didn't we give them a section of the Main Stand once, moving the season ticket holders?

Yeah, in one of the Championship seasons. Doubt we'd do that now given the new board and how healthy our crowds have been. 

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

You "achieved" all this with a completely unsustainable model and your town are still completely uninterested. You're on your way to the lower leagues, and then oblivion.

That's failure.

Still here, and our last 7 years showed it wasn't unsustainable, back to back promotions, back to back top 6 finishes, a cup final, yeah a real failure, behave yourself.

Anyway no point talking to you on this, it's been done to death and you're just wanting to turn this into a Vincent hates Livi debate.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Still here, and our last 7 years showed it wasn't unsustainable, back to back promotions, back to back top 6 finishes, a cup final, yeah a real failure, behave yourself.

Anyway no point talking to you on this, it's been done to death and you're just wanting to turn this into a Vincent hates Livi debate.

You're basically insolvent. Of course it's not sustainable.

That's an absolutely wild thing to say.

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

That's failure.

It's easy to criticise the people of Livingston for leaving Livingston to watch football elsewhere on a Saturday but to be fair have you ever been to Livingston? Any excuse to get out of town is going look attractive

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

You're basically insolvent. Of course it's not sustainable.

That's an absolutely wild thing to say.

Hearts are hardly in a position to talk about other clubs finances, you were in the shite yourself not so long ago, you're a failure, be better winding Hearts up and starting again, using your logic.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Saw this thread was 'hot' and feared the worst. 

Thank you, for now at least, Livingston.

Vincent has ran down arse over tit to get in on this when seeing it was a chance to slag Livi and unload his pent up rage over Meadowbank moving to Livingston.

Suppose it's the healthy thing to do for him, can't be good keeping that all bottled up, this is like therapy session for him.😂

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hearts are hardly in a position to talk about other clubs finances, you were in the shite yourself not so long ago, you're a failure, be better winding Hearts up and starting again, using your logic.

There is no serious doubt about Hearts' future as a going concern. It's a silly comparison.

Livingston have existed for less than 30 years and are on course for a third administration while completely failing to interest the local area despite some on-field success.

It's beyond question that Livi are not a sustainable football club at a high level.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

People were saying that twenty years ago.

They're not. And they won't be.

You're just repeating what a lot of people were saying 20 years ago. Yet here we still are. Just embrace Livingston and you'll feel much better for it Vincent. It's a smashing community club with some great people behind the scenes, but unfortunately we're having a poor season (I think we'll turn it around next season). We've had lots of good games with Hearts in recent years, you should be able to enjoy them like I have. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Saw this thread was 'hot' and feared the worst. 

Thank you, for now at least, Livingston.

Oh your time is coming. :lol:

In honesty though, the statement without saying it, suggesting that 'nothing has been decided yet' pretty much confirms that it has at least been floated as an idea.

image-1.thumb.png.af5a1fbf983dda974061f75473492796.png

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Oh your time is coming. :lol:

In honesty though, the statement without saying it, suggesting that 'nothing has been decided yet' pretty much confirms that it has at least been floated as an idea.

image-1.thumb.png.af5a1fbf983dda974061f75473492796.png

Is that the watered down version?

Never rains but it pours.

I'll get my coat.

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Why are you never getting those fans back? If you managed to build up from literally nothing to have 4000 home fans 30 years ago, then why couldn't it happen again? You are clearly in a better position to do so now, with a Championship club with a degree of history than you did at that stage where you literally murdered another club and dragged the corpse kicking and screaming into the town.

The town may have had a lot of existing Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Celtic fans from the days before you had a league club, but that was nearly 30 years ago, and the town has a huge population of people who have grown up with Livingston FC existing at a decent level of Scottish football. In fact, a lot of folk who were young kids when Livi moved to the town will now have their own kids.

But the club giving the impression of just laying out the welcome mat to Celtic and Rangers every time they visit is hardly going to help that growth. You've got to ask the question of what is worth more to Livi in the long-term, 3000 extra Celtic or Rangers fans coming once or twice a season (when you're in the Premiership), or 200-300 locals coming along every week.

I think the rise back to the Premiership came too early for us. Perhaps a longer period of stability in the championship would have allowed us to organically grow our core support. Out of nowhere we were promoted to the Premiership and didn't have the infrastructure in place at the time. Our fans had only recently seen us relegated to League 1 and had the rumours of going part time floating around. Hopefully we can make the proverbial lemonade out of our impending return to the Championship.