What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

The folk sitting with celtic hats on in the home end on Sunday is much more tinpot IMO. I'd be popping a blood vessel sitting beside that. 

There are times when violence is justifiable. Disappointing no Livi fans recreated 'the Cantona'.

16 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

The folk sitting with celtic hats on in the home end on Sunday is much more tinpot IMO. I'd be popping a blood vessel sitting beside that. 

They were with a touring company who arrange trips to SPFL games, we've had plenty in the past but there had apparently been a breakdown in communication between the customer and the touring company as to which end they'd be sitting in. The family, apparently, believed they were sitting in the celtic end. The club have made a complaint to the touring company. My biggest issue with it all is allowing the display. I would rather we weren't outnumbered at home but totally understand why we do it.

13 hours ago, Eder said:

Allowing teams like Bonnyrigg Rose with the most basic of ground facilities into the league set up.

New Dundas Park has hot water, covered toilets, a roof and a pie stall. 

That's luxury for some of us oldies. 

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

They were with a touring company who arrange trips to SPFL games, we've had plenty in the past but there had apparently been a breakdown in communication between the customer and the touring company as to which end they'd be sitting in. The family, apparently, believed they were sitting in the celtic end.

That surely shouldn’t matter?

At the point it was established they were visiting fans in the home end, they should have been removed. It was then on them to take it up with the tour company. 

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye but rather than seeing what an achievement it is for a small supported club with limited funds being promoted to the top flight and staying there for 6 seasons, that thinking is look at what a minter it is for the league having a diddy club with 3 stands usually not full, being utilised for clubs that can fill them.

Also the same thinking would be what a minter for the clubs with big supports languishing in the lower leagues, when a club with such a small support as us has 6 seasons in the top flight.

Pure elitist crowdwanking snobbery, the kind that would set up a top flight with the biggest supported clubs, and have no more promotions or relegations. Yet the same folk complain about the erse cheeks having a monopoly on winning the league.

What a load of shite.

Livingston are where they are by spending vastly beyond their means and boring the entire country to tears. There's nothing romantic here.

Livingston have run themselves into the ground in such a fashion that there is genuine hope they could go bust.

I'm all for smaller clubs reaching the top flight and making the best of themselves. But there's nothing to admire in Livingston.

19 minutes ago, The Master said:

At the point it was established they were visiting fans in the home end, they should have been removed. It was then on them to take it up with the tour company. 

Why can football fans from opposing teams not sit in the same stand?  It's perfectly acceptable at lower league games.  Did these people cause any trouble, removal is all rather OTT

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

What a load of shite.

Livingston are where they are by spending vastly beyond their means and boring the entire country to tears. There's nothing romantic here.

Livingston have run themselves into the ground in such a fashion that there is genuine hope they could go bust.

I'm all for smaller clubs reaching the top flight and making the best of themselves. But there's nothing to admire in Livingston.

-teLjI8SfdpCRwniBrhsGN5JGfForxnXG-BpAV5w

44 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

What a load of shite.

130+ Crying Behind Mask Meme Template And Memes Download

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Can remember that end of season relegation game against Dundee where a family of Dundee fans were sitting in front of us and the woman was jumping up and down like crazy when Dundee scored, the family of one of the Livi mascots complained about her and the next thing the 2 women started fighting with one another, and their hubbies were dragging them apart. The stewards removed them from the Livi end. Wummin eh.

59 minutes ago, strichener said:

Why can football fans from opposing teams not sit in the same stand?  It's perfectly acceptable at lower league games.  Did these people cause any trouble, removal is all rather OTT

Aye don't think they caused any trouble, they couldn't be removed and put in the away end because it was sold out, so they were asked/told to remove/cover up their Celtic gear. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Cant think of anything worse than going to the football and being stuck amongst a bunch of opposition fans.

Leave that "just here for a good day out" shite to the rugby bores IMO.

19 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Cant think of anything worse than going to the football and being stuck amongst a bunch of opposition fans.

Leave that "just here for a good day out" shite to the rugby bores IMO.

I'm as guilty as the next person when it comes to riling opposition fans during the game but quite happy to walk amongst them afterwards.  Must just be a higher level of arsehole that follows the non-diddies.

Edited by strichener

Just now, strichener said:

I'm as guilty as the next person when it comes to riling opposition fans.dueimg the game but quite happy to walk amongst them afterwards.  Must just be a higher level of arsehole that follows the non-diddies.

Same, i can get caught up in the emotion of the game watching it, and shout and swear as much as the next man, but once i'm out the stadium i'll happily chat to opposition fans in the pub.

21 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Had to read this about 4 times trying to work out what youre on about here.

Get the violin away for f**k sake.

No one is saying what Livi has done isnt a good achievement. Nor anything to do with the nonsense that bigger supported teams should automatically be in the top flight. Must have some chip on your shoulder if thats what you take from my comment about Sunday.

But any club giving the away support 3/4 of their ground plus letting away fans in early to set up their wee Ireland display is tin pot in the extreme. The very purpose of this thread.

19 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Its as much a riddy for the league as a whole as Livi themselves.

We all get why they do it.

But being in the Premiership should be financially rewarding enough in itself to not need to do it.

What a load of shite.

You say you understand why we do it, then go back on that slagging us off for doing it. Pure snobbery saying it's a minter for the league or Livi.

BIB is up there with clubs should be able to afford grass pitches if they're in the top flight. 3 home games against the erse cheeks brings in about 700K, we certainly couldn't afford to lose that because some folk think it's a minter.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

18 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Same, i can get caught up in the emotion of the game watching it, and shout and swear as much as the next man, but once i'm out the stadium i'll happily chat to opposition fans in the pub.

^^^
giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7b8bv0nrujy332107cs

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

They were with a touring company who arrange trips to SPFL games, we've had plenty in the past but there had apparently been a breakdown in communication between the customer and the touring company as to which end they'd be sitting in. The family, apparently, believed they were sitting in the celtic end. The club have made a complaint to the touring company. My biggest issue with it all is allowing the display. I would rather we weren't outnumbered at home but totally understand why we do it.

Think the "display" was bad - pop down this week for the IRAoke in the Almondvale Suite with the Jock Stein Supporters Club, which has been taking place for Old Firm games, since the ticketing bans were introduced. Now that's tinpot.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

What a load of shite.

I'm fully onboard with this. I still hold a grudge cos they wouldn't honour tickets I'd won on a charity raffle, and then when I complained about it on the old HonestPage, some fud from their club phoned my work at the time to have a go at me for abusing their staff!

59 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

3 home games against the erse cheeks brings in about 700K, we certainly couldn't afford to lose that because some folk think it's a minter.

Clubs like Killie and St Mirren have reduced their allocation and have seen increased home attendances for these games, and indeed increased season ticket sales as a whole. Surely Livingston are chasing away a generation of fans doing this, who in their right mind would be taking their kids to watch Livingston in that sort of atmosphere?

Edited by craigkillie

16 hours ago, Eder said:

Allowing teams like Bonnyrigg Rose with the most basic of ground facilities into the league set up.

Or allowing homeless for 30+ years Clyde to remain in the league?

Looks like one of them might not be come next season.