What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Don't pretend there wouldn't be statements and exploding heads all over the place if the roles were reversed

I find the whole “if it was your club it would be the same” argument rather tedious. If fans couldn’t comment or poke fun at something in fear that one day it might be their club in a hypothetical situation then it would be a pretty sad and quiet existence on this thread.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I find the whole “if it was your club it would be the same” argument rather tedious. If fans couldn’t comment or poke fun at something in fear that one day it might be their club in a hypothetical situation then it would be a pretty sad and quiet existence on this thread.

Feel free to poke fun. I just found the "faux offended supporters" line an interesting choice.

Anyway, it could all have been avoided if Rangers had brought a big enough sticker/rug to cover the whole thing. Tinpot AF from both clubs

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Feel free to poke fun. I just found the "faux offended supporters" line an interesting choice.

Anyway, it could all have been avoided if Rangers had brought a big enough sticker/rug to cover the whole thing. Tinpot AF from both clubs

Yeah I get it. And that’s kind of my point. Just because I’ve said Hearts have released the statement to appease faux offended supporters doesn’t mean I am claiming Rangers haven’t done so in the past or won’t do so in the future.

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This would only be tinpot if Ayr actually made the play-off final and then he actually played in the match.

Still leaping to the defence of the OF I see.

It's a sort of instinctive thing, isn't it?  A default setting. 

It's embarrassing from Rangers in the first place to do it, they'd fucking love to release a statement if someone draped a Hearts badge over their picture of Charles in the dressing room.

That doesn't make the Hearts statement any less fucking cringeworthy and embarrassing even if they're right. Deserve to be laughed it. Releasing a statement on it FFS.

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

At the end of the day St Mirren were in the Championship and our financial situation meant that the 6 figure sum we negotiated with Celtic was absolutely critical on our journey back to the top flight. 

Would we rather that photo never existed? Yes

Would we take the money again if it helped move the club forward even if the rest of P&B take the piss for decades? Abso-fcuking-lutely!

Fast forward to the present and you tell them both they're getting one stand. The sectarian pound is no longer needed it seems after a 6th place. Heady times.

Back to the sticker, assume the adhesive used was low tack?

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Still leaping to the defence of the OF I see.

It's a sort of instinctive thing, isn't it?  A default setting. 

What a decidedly odd little post.

A manager provisionally signing up to play in a charity match which might but probably won't clash with one of his team's matches isn't remotely odd or tinpot. It would only become tinpot if Ayr reached that final and he binned them off to go and play in it, which obviously wouldn't happen anyway.

I dont see the Scott Brown thing as tinpot. He doesn't envisage a place where Ayr will be playing that day.

The only thing tinpot about the Rangers badge is the obvious thing that it doesn't completely cover the Hearts badge. Happens all the time at cup finals etc.

It is funny it was a St Mirren fan that brought it up, with the subsequent snotters from other ones.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

A manager provisionally signing up to play in a charity match 

Was it provisional?  Fair enough if that was overtly and clearly the case.

I didn't see it in the stuff posted on here though.

The badge stuff is petty AF. Couple of points though...

- "It happened in 2022" yes, but the photo of it was of players celebrating and it was in the background (folk probably didn't notice at the time) but this one was very obvious since it was like it was Rangers social media guys making a point

- After doing it in 2022 you'd think they'd have a big enough badge to cover the whole Hearts badge? Even a large white sheet with the Rangers logo in the middle? That's probably the most tin pot aspect of the whole thing tbh

- Hearts statement is mental, but if Rangers have asked to do it, Hearts have said no and then Rangers have done it anyway then that is poor form. Rangers would put out a much more amusing statement if anyone dared do anything to their home dressing room.

12 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Don't folk in Edinburgh gob on the Hearts badge for good luck anyway?

Only the ones on replica jerseys.............................😉

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The badge stuff is petty AF. Couple of points though...

- "It happened in 2022" yes, but the photo of it was of players celebrating and it was in the background (folk probably didn't notice at the time) but this one was very obvious since it was like it was Rangers social media guys making a point

- After doing it in 2022 you'd think they'd have a big enough badge to cover the whole Hearts badge? Even a large white sheet with the Rangers logo in the middle? That's probably the most tin pot aspect of the whole thing tbh

- Hearts statement is mental, but if Rangers have asked to do it, Hearts have said no and then Rangers have done it anyway then that is poor form. Rangers would put out a much more amusing statement if anyone dared do anything to their home dressing room.

I think if Rangers have any insignias in their away dressing room it's pretty much guaranteed to be covered up and photographed with a Hearts badge next time the ladies play at Ibrox. Disappointing if not. 

14 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I think if Rangers have any insignias in their away dressing room it's pretty much guaranteed to be covered up and photographed with a Hearts badge next time the ladies play at Ibrox. Disappointing if not. 

The ladies team play at Broadwood.