What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

19 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Working together for B teams ✅

Working together for tours of Australia ✅

Working together to hamstring the rest of Scottish football ✅

Working together to clamp down on the rancid behaviour of their fanbase ❌

The Intellectual Property Office states that Celtic and Rangers are the registered joint owners of the terms "Old Firm" and "The Old Firm".

"Trademark has been renewed on 02/03/2021." ✅ 

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I've lived in Dundee since September 2014. There has been one orange march here since. I know because it went down the street I live on. There were about 15 'marchers' and over double the amount of police. 

It was incredibly tragic and the 'marchers' were fucking choking for attention. All utter scum who got little attention. 

The entire organisation is riddled with pieces of shit who are all horrendous bigots. Could say worse

I only ever witnessed one here, it was about a dozen folk huddled ready to start at around 8am on a Sunday morning outnumbered by the polis. Checking council site looks like 11 in 17 years, which is still shamefully high. One of the applicants looks to change its name every year and their only web presence is a social media account where the second image is of a proscribed organisation.

12 minutes ago, Alan_G said:

I only ever witnessed one here, it was about a dozen folk huddled ready to start at around 8am on a Sunday morning outnumbered by the polis. Checking council site looks like 11 in 17 years, which is still shamefully high. One of the applicants looks to change its name every year and their only web presence is a social media account where the second image is of a proscribed organisation.

They are utter filth, absolutely sub human bags of pish.

They are stunningly pathetic p***ks. I despise them yet almost pity them.

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I've lived in Dundee since September 2014. There has been one orange march here since. I know because it went down the street I live on.

97c9d4a1f09e3e345b147fbb7ede3419b271993e 

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

97c9d4a1f09e3e345b147fbb7ede3419b271993e 

Haha, I was on my couch and heard a distant drum that got closer that was then joined with awful flute pish. 

Thought it was some mad parade but then I looked out the window and saw it was a small gang of utter losers. Wish I had eggs to chuck at them.

36 minutes ago, Molotov said:

The Intellectual Property Office states that Celtic and Rangers are the registered joint owners of the terms "Old Firm" and "The Old Firm".

"Trademark has been renewed on 02/03/2021." ✅ 

Is there an Old Firm since 2012 plaque?

This Twitter exchange on both sides but particularly the United fans thinking it's a brilliant comeback from Tony Watt.

Screenshot_20240420_221757_X.jpg

On 19/04/2024 at 13:40, topcat(The most tip top) said:

How about 
"We hate ***s too, that's why we sing...

"We hate the boys in Royal Blue, 

We hate the Celts who always ming..." 

could also work :lol:

49 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’d always assumed there’d be a bit more of that nonsense in Dundee given that they had more Irish Immigration 

Heartened to find I was wrong 

Well done 

There’s a logic in that and I’m sure 100+ years ago there were issues, but for whatever reason it just doesn’t exist any more.  I was raised Protestant and went to a Catholic school and no one cared in the slightest - I’ve since rebelled against both in equal measure.  I can’t think of a single occasion though where I saw any kind of animosity between the 2 except when certain football teams are in town.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is there an Old Firm since 2012 plaque?

The "Old Firm" trademark - under number UK00002264673 - dates back to March 2, 2001 - with "The Old Firm" - given number UK0002181523A - going back to 1998.

8 minutes ago, Molotov said:

The "Old Firm" trademark - under number UK00002264673 - dates back to March 2, 2001 - with "The Old Firm" - given number UK0002181523A - going back to 1998.

It’s Saturday night.

3 hours ago, PogoStick said:

Aye, it’s mental to us outwith that bubble.

Aberdonian and at about 13/14 had to fill in a form at school with a space for ‘Religion’. Knew Church of Scotland was on my baptism certificate but had to ask my father what religion that actually was.  Not a scooby. 

Mate moved to Glasgow and hadn’t even got their van emptied before ‘welcoming neighbour’ asked which church would they be going to. 

Riles me right up that sectarianism is seen as a Scottish issue when whole swathes of the country are immune to it and couldn’t give a shiny shite.

Controversial opinion, but I dont think genuine sectarianism is actually a problem in Scotland, its a Rangers-Celtic thing that crosses the line of acceptable rivalry but isnt actually anything to do with religion per se.

Both sides of my family are Catholic. Mums side are mostly Rangers (most dont give a f**k about football tbf), dads side is Thistle. Never once had any anti-catholic or sectarian bile thrown my/their way. 

The stuff both halves hit out with is unacceptable, no question. But ive never believed its routed in genuine sectarianism or religious intolerance, just anti Celtic/Rangers sentiment using religion as a medium.

Maybe just my experience though.

11 hours ago, PogoStick said:

Aye, it’s mental to us outwith that bubble.

Aberdonian and at about 13/14 had to fill in a form at school with a space for ‘Religion’. Knew Church of Scotland was on my baptism certificate but had to ask my father what religion that actually was.  Not a scooby. 

Mate moved to Glasgow and hadn’t even got their van emptied before ‘welcoming neighbour’ asked which church would they be going to. 

Riles me right up that sectarianism is seen as a Scottish issue when whole swathes of the country are immune to it and couldn’t give a shiny shite.

Many moons ago, Freelands bar was the work hostelry of choice. The regulars were 90% Dons fans. Anyway, a stranger from Glasgow shows up. He appeared quite normal and rational, until the talk went to football , He started to demand the religion of Aberdeen players. He couldn't understand that no one knew, or cared.

8 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Controversial opinion, but I dont think genuine sectarianism is actually a problem in Scotland, its a Rangers-Celtic thing that crosses the line of acceptable rivalry but isnt actually anything to do with religion per se.

Both sides of my family are Catholic. Mums side are mostly Rangers (most dont give a f**k about football tbf), dads side is Thistle. Never once had any anti-catholic or sectarian bile thrown my/their way. 

The stuff both halves hit out with is unacceptable, no question. But ive never believed its routed in genuine sectarianism or religious intolerance, just anti Celtic/Rangers sentiment using religion as a medium.

Maybe just my experience though.

Yeah the 90 min bigots narrative and casual sectarianism is somehow seen as acceptable by erse cheek fans that sing their songs.

I don't think you can totally dismiss Scotland's religious intolerance when it has Orange Orders, they are as much anti Catholic as pro Protestant, and delight in taunting Catholics with their marches, the trying to burst their drum when passing a Catholic Church patter being a well known practice. 

3 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Would Scottish football be better if Ireland never existed?

If religion in Ireland never existed certainly. The world might be a better place without religion too, but then again the human race would prob just find some other thing to fight about.

Decades ago when i was a boy, you had folk wanting to kick your head in just for coming from another town a few miles away from your own, went to Bathgate swimming pool with my big brother and his pal and we got jumped on our way to the bus station for coming from Whitburn. Was also up in Fauldhouse playing golf and was accosted by a gang asking me if i was from Fauldhouse, course i said yes, and they followed me all the way to my Granny's house in Barton Terrace, even if i wasn't lucky enough to have a Granny staying there i'd have been walking into a strangers house to avoid a kicking.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER