What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I like Hampden, and I like going there to see Aberdeen and Scotland. Interesting on Saturday though getting our food pre match. Turnstiles opened at 11.00 and we were in about 11.30. Up to a not busy counter and asked for a hot dog, Hampden pies are shite, and a bovril. I could see the puzzlement on the girl's face. I said "bovril" three times and she eventually went away and came back with a wee Glaswegian lassie who showed her what a bovril was. Then she wandered about with the cup for about 30 seconds and came back to me. "No hot water. Will be 5 minutes." My friend was at the other end of the counter and when he asked a different person for his bovril she came back with a bottle of water. Obviously not a single second's training, and no hot water 30 minutes after gates open. Then the bloody screens went off after 10 minutes of the game for the remainder of the first half, so no idea how long had gone or was left. Not great. Apart from the game, which was magnificent. 

I bet she was trained up on taking payment from you 

4 hours ago, Crùbag said:

The relegation group...  😄

IMG_3001.thumb.jpeg.94e9dffb59eef7cc7142

Given the Edinburgh clubs  recent history, the laugh is the "championship"

On 22/04/2024 at 21:45, topcat(The most tip top) said:

When Dutch people say “William of Orange” they mean the great grandfather of the “William of Orange” that you or I would associate with that title

He was the leader  of the Dutch fight for independence from Spain and the Spanish Inquisition 

Fun fact - the Dutch royal house of Orange (or Orange-Nassau to give it its full title) has nothing to do with the colour Orange. They originate from Orange, the city in the south of France, which is named after Arasuio, a local Celtic water god.

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

You can’t blame them for thinking no one would be mad enough to be in at 11.30 so hadn’t switched the hot water on. 

A lot of folk have bovril for their breakfast. 

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

Fun fact - the Dutch royal house of Orange (or Orange-Nassau to give it its full title) has nothing to do with the colour Orange. They originate from Orange, the city in the south of France, which is named after Arasuio, a local Celtic water god.

I’ve been there. It”s  about the size of Dumfries so “City” might be pushing it.  But it does have a massive 2000 year old Roman theatre thats really impressive and still functioning 

I wouldn’t go there specially but if you’re in Provence then it’s worth seeing 

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

James Forrest being in the SPFL team of the week, when he didn't play in the SPFL this week.

He was also a sub at Hampden, came on, scored a good goal to be fair, and was later subbed. 

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Carrots used to be a purple colour but the Dutch bred them to be orange to celebrate their royal family. 

Carrots. Staunch vegetables. 

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

James Forrest being in the SPFL team of the week, when he didn't play in the SPFL this week.

James Forrest potentially drawing level as the most decorated player in Scottish football history.

16 hours ago, GordonS said:

James Forrest potentially drawing level as the most decorated player in Scottish football history.

Would you say it was neck and neck?

22 hours ago, velo army said:

Turning up at 11.30 for a 12.30 k.o is mental behaviour. My da' is similar and can't get to matches too early. Bonkers.

Hey…. Pre-empting getting my Bovril at 12.15.

Edited by kingjoey