What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

I know this is Scottish commentators/pundits so I already know the answer, but do commentators and stuff not get briefed on foreign pronunciation at the start of the season?

I'm sure I've read/heard somewhere that the English commentators get a quick brief on how to properly pronounce names so they can be as accurate as possible during commentary (not helped by having dimwitted c***s like McManaman and Ferdinand obviously). 

Surely the Scottish commentators do similar?

I’ve heard Richard Gordon say that when Celtic signed Rafael Scheidt they had to phone a BBC office somewhere that checked pronunciations of foreign names, places etc. And they were told in no uncertain terms that Scheidt was definitively, unequivocally, absolutely pronounced “Shite”. 

2 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Players can call themselves what they want and that is what should then appear on back of shirt, team lines and such. None of this surname on the official line ups but first name/nickname on shirt. Not everyone's conversant with all players. 

I think team lines would surely have to match exactly the name on a player’s registration. Which presumably has the player’s “proper” name on it. 

17 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

I think team lines would surely have to match exactly the name on a player’s registration. Which presumably has the player’s “proper” name on it. 

Yeah, you're probably right come to think of it. Not insurmountable though. 

2 hours ago, well again said:

These fuds  think her name is Taylor O swift.

Can't see Taylor O' Swift being a Celtic fan tbh. Her vast wealth and the freedom it allows her to do whatever she likes sets her too far apart from 99.9% of their support who love to constantly remind us of the fact that they're all O' Pressed. 

Imagine grown men spending tme, money and effort trying to associate someone who has probably never even heard of your team, and certainly doesn't give a f**k about them with your club..

Its absolutely tragic

8 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Imagine grown men spending tme, money and effort trying to associate someone who has probably never even heard of your team, and certainly doesn't give a f**k about them with your club..

Its absolutely tragic

On 26/05/2023 at 01:21, LauriestonBairn said:

It’s what she would have wanted xx

IMG_9483.png

17 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Why are Celtic supporters so tragic? 

Us nasty Protestants are oppressing them so successfully their team has won 26 of the last 39 domestic trophies. It's very hurtful. Tbf, if I was actually oppressing the whinging gits myself I'd be aiming for a higher strike rate than that.