What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

6 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I can’t believe the Celtic “huddle” has led to so much discussion nor can I believe that it winds people up. 

I still feel a wee bit cringey when our fans boo it because after all these years I cant really care about it. I did used to boo the hell out of it when I was younger right enough.

I like booing it.

Not because i care at all that they do it, but cause i know it will piss off a large portion of the muppets in their support.

Any chance to wind up an old firm fan is one to be taken in my opinion.

15 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I can’t believe the Celtic “huddle” has led to so much discussion nor can I believe that it winds people up. 

I still feel a wee bit cringey when our fans boo it because after all these years I cant really care about it. I did used to boo the hell out of it when I was younger right enough.

What winds me up is not 'the huddle', 'the YNWA singalong', or 'the more than just a club' hyperbole; it's the lie that Celtic supporters and the club constantly push, that the above are things they've come up with themselves and that Glasgow Celtic are somehow unique, special, and superior to all other clubs just 'because they're Celtic'. They are not unique....there is a club exactly - EXACTLY - like them in Govan.  Those two are the true 'diddy clubs' in Scottish football.

Edited by kennie makevin

On 10/10/2024 at 08:04, Dons_1988 said:

I didn’t realise the on the pitch huddle was so recent either :lol:

Theyre just a long series of marketing gimmicks. 

Glasgow Celtic were founded as a 'marketing gimmick'. That gimmick being "isn't the Roman Catholic Church wonderful that they can find time from counting their Vatican City billions to start a football club in Glasgow for 'charridy' "

4 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

What winds me up is not 'the huddle', 'the YNWA singalong', or 'the more than just a club' hyperbole; it's the lie that Celtic supporters and the club constantly push, that the above are things they've come up with themselves and that Glasgow Celtic are somehow unique, special, and superior to all other clubs just 'because they're Celtic'. They are not unique....there is a club exactly - EXACTLY - like them in Govan.  Those two are the true 'diddy clubs' in Scottish football.

To be honest I think Kilmarnock are unique, special and superior to every other club. I thought everyone felt that way about their own team? 

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

To be honest I think Kilmarnock are unique, special and superior to every other club. I thought everyone felt that way about their own team? 

You grow out of that tbh. By the time you're old enough to buy a beer legally it will be pretty much all gone. 

Other clubs should just start doing huddles of their own.

It's a completely standard thing in sport all over the world and it's very childish that in Scotland it's come to be seen as a Celtic thing.

Other clubs should remove the big deal by just doing it themselves. Hearts did it once (hilariously) against Rangers in the 1-1 draw that was Rix's last game. Don't think it was ever repeated.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

You grow out of that tbh. By the time you're old enough to buy a beer legally it will be pretty much all gone. 

I totally understand why you wouldn’t feel that way about Falkirk.

Personally I think it's more of a delaying tactic so their fans can have the last cheer before kick off and making the other team wait. 

Maybe more clubs should just all line up on half way and refuse to get into position until the c***s have done their wee huddle

I'm sure I saw a huddle being done once- it may have been a junior game (naturally) and while one team were concentrating on doing the huddle the maverick midfielder from the other team went over and pretended to kick one of the guys in the huddle up the arse.