Alloa V Raith

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I can now tick Alloa off the list.

We are still pretty rubbish to watch away from home but a draw at Alloa possibly isn’t the worst result. We need to start winning again after a couple of draws and a defeat.

I just don’t see us as league winners but we still have a good chance of doing that.

Many thanks to the fans of both clubs for all the generous donations to the British Heart Foundation outside the ground today  :thumsup2

Raith fans - please email the club at fcadmin@alloaathletic.co.uk to let your feelings known about the turnstile situation, and make the point that you might not be back as a result. It's not acceptable that, once again, we had fans queuing outside the ground fifteen minutes into the game. I doubt it'll change unless people tell the club to sort it out. Follow up with another email if you don't get a response.

With that fire power firing a blank is abysmal. 
For those at the game, did we threaten?
the away form is really concerning. Through we had turned a corner after the Arbroath and east fife game started but clearly not. 2points in 9 is howling at this level.
A few half chances but nothing clear cut.

I thought Davo had a good game but can't think of anyone else who showed up well apart from Mackay who did ok when he came on.

Pretty poor to be honest.

4 hours ago, Big Berk said:

I used to like going to the Recs but in recent years the terracing allocation to away fans has been disgraceful, much like Cowdenbeath's. I dont patronise businesses that treat their customers with contempt.

29 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Raith fans - please email the club at fcadmin@alloaathletic.co.uk to let your feelings known about the turnstile situation, and make the point that you might not be back as a result. It's not acceptable that, once again, we had fans queuing outside the ground fifteen minutes into the game. I doubt it'll change unless people tell the club to sort it out. Follow up with another email if you don't get a response.

Time Alloa were reported to the League

37 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

I used to like going to the Recs but in recent years the terracing allocation to away fans has been disgraceful, much like Cowdenbeath's. I dont patronise businesses that treat their customers with contempt.

Raith fans - please email the club at fcadmin@alloaathletic.co.uk to let your feelings known about the turnstile situation, and make the point that you might not be back as a result. It's not acceptable that, once again, we had fans queuing outside the ground fifteen minutes into the game. I doubt it'll change unless people tell the club to sort it out. Follow up with another email if you don't get a response.

Pretty sure that's the other kind of patronising.:lol:

2 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

With that fire power firing a blank is abysmal. 

For those at the game, did we threaten?

the away form is really concerning. Through we had turned a corner after the Arbroath and east fife game started but clearly not. 2points in 9 is howling at this level.

We weren't in any danger, but didn't look like scoring at all.

Many thanks to the fans of both clubs for all the generous donations to the British Heart Foundation outside the ground today  :thumsup2

Some of our fans may contact your club, others will just vote with their feet. It did seem a bit of a shambles. The stewards were scoobied and when they were trying to get answers by radioing someone, that person wasn’t answering. Either way, I’ve ticked Alloa off, so unless there’s some big game through there I’ll give future away games there a miss. It’s not like our away support is huge. How many did we bring through? 300-350? And Alloa couldn’t cope with that. That’s poor.

Agree with pretty much all Jim said. Never really challenged by Raith & defensively we looked good. Fleming & Stevie really holding it together too. Still think we’re missing that wee bit of class and aggression PJ brings but we have good options & on another day we stick away one of the chances. Like said above, if only Kev was an inch taller!

Ps. Someone get those half time tunes changed, absolutely honking!

There was no issue with 1000 away fans last week, or indeed in many other games against Hearts, Hibs and Rangers in recent times, so clearly the club are well capable of dealing with big travelling supports. Hard to understand why it should happen twice against Raith. Definitely worth raising with the club.

A point against Raith isn't a bad effort at all. It's not a bad result for Raith either, that Alloa team is a fair bit stronger than the team from the first half of the season.

3 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Ps. Someone get those half time tunes changed, absolutely honking!

What if I told you I set up my PC 10ft from the sound system all I need is a cable to usurp Gerry? Make a spotify playlist.

9 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

What if I told you I set up my PC 10ft from the sound system all I need is a cable to usurp Gerry? Make a spotify playlist.

I'll buy you the fucking cable myself.

I couldn't even care less what gets played, really, so long as there's a bit of variety, and at a volume that doesn't leave folk screaming in each other's ears to be heard. He's been reasonable on the latter part lately, TBF.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'll buy you the fucking cable myself.

I couldn't even care less what gets played, really, so long as there's a bit of variety, and at a volume that doesn't leave folk screaming in each other's ears to be heard. He's been reasonable on the latter part lately, TBF.

I might think about getting the players to pitch in. Each of them picks 10 songs and each matchday we can insult them via twitter about how bad their playlists are. "ALLOA PLAYERS READ MEAN TWEETS." Original content right there. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Some of our fans may contact your club, others will just vote with their feet. It did seem a bit of a shambles. The stewards were scoobied and when they were trying to get answers by radioing someone, that person wasn’t answering. Either way, I’ve ticked Alloa off, so unless there’s some big game through there I’ll give future away games there a miss. It’s not like our away support is huge. How many did we bring through? 300-350? And Alloa couldn’t cope with that. That’s poor.

Aye, I suppose it's not really the away fans' responsibility to make sure we're doing things right. Maybe we should be contacting the club too; we've lost enough friends with the ticket prices lately, without folk thinking they're not even going to see the whole game.

They're probably sick of hearing from me lately, though  :P

6 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I might think about getting the players to pitch in. Each of them picks 10 songs and each matchday we can insult them via twitter about how bad their playlists are. "ALLOA PLAYERS READ MEAN TWEETS." Original content right there. :lol:

You're probably kidding, but that's actually a cracking idea  :lol:

8 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

we had 4 sets of adult away turnstiles instead of one there were 3 more s open for the dufc game .

Suggestion in previous post was that Alloa can't cope with bigger away supports. They clearly can. Don't understand why they apparently weren't prepared today when there was a similar issue against Raith earlier this season.

Archived