Alloa V Raith

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aye, I suppose it's not really the away fans' responsibility to make sure we're doing things right. Maybe we should be contacting the club too; we've lost enough friends with the ticket prices lately, without folk thinking they're not even going to see the whole game.

They're probably sick of hearing from me lately, though  :P

I paid £23 the other week to go see St Johnstone v Dundee. THE GAME WAS BRUTAL. Wished it had just been £16 to go to watch us at Airdrie instead. Peoples perception of what they are paying for gets in the way. I think if we compare with other clubs we are worth watching. Scottish Football in general is overpriced though. The game is an arms race in terms of money though so no one club can make a massive difference.

If I was the Chairman (and had no liabilities so I could mess with the system) I'd create a membership system. Budget for £x  per game. Once you exceed £x the ticket prices get cheaper for everyone going so the incentive for everyone is to bring a friend. Then everyone pays less. Radical thinking but if you could reduce ticket prices  and guarantee your income then what a winner. Too radical to be implemented I fear though.

. It’s not like our away support is huge. How many did we bring through? 300-350? And Alloa couldn’t cope with that. That’s poor.

Crowd of just over 900 so would guess 500 or so? First time at Alloa in a while. Forgot how much I hate the place, it’s really not good for the away fan.

Not a terrible result in isolation but added to recent form and Ayr winning it’s not great. Thought we were slightly the better team without really being great. All three subs had a positive impact I thought, Herron especially was surprising. Spence tried hard but didn’t play well. Buchanan? Just can’t take to him at all, not sure what he’s offering.

Draw fair. Poor game, wind didn’t help. Alloa played some good football in patches. We didn’t. Furtado looked decent. McKay was very harshly dropped and was excellent when he came on. Got to feel for McHattie but that’s a gamble that really hasn’t paid off for Smith.

I’d shake it up next week. Vaughan went into midfield to help us during a tough time with injuries, and the team’s results meant he stayed there. We now have our full midfield fit and the form is poor. Get him up front with Spence or Court.

Crowd of just over 900 so would guess 500 or so? First time at Alloa in a while. Forgot how much I hate the place, it’s really not good for the away fan.

Not a terrible result in isolation but added to recent form and Ayr winning it’s not great. Thought we were slightly the better team without really being great. All three subs had a positive impact I thought, Herron especially was surprising. Spence tried hard but didn’t play well. Buchanan? Just can’t take to him at all, not sure what he’s offering.

Draw fair. Poor game, wind didn’t help. Alloa played some good football in patches. We didn’t. Furtado looked decent. McKay was very harshly dropped and was excellent when he came on. Got to feel for McHattie but that’s a gamble that really hasn’t paid off for Smith.

I’d shake it up next week. Vaughan went into midfield to help us during a tough time with injuries, and the team’s results meant he stayed there. We now have our full midfield fit and the form is poor. Get him up front with Spence or Court.
Agree it would be good to see Vaughan back in a more attacking role but we don't have our best CM in Robertson fit, so it may mean Vaughan stays where he is for a while longer.

Sounds like Buchanan has had a shiter of a season; nobody here or at Livi would be questioning his usefulness at this level, even if he had a bad run. He was even deadly in the second tier for us too - did he beat that goalscoring run in the end?

Naturally, we'd be happy to rehabilitate him for you  :P

Agree it would be good to see Vaughan back in a more attacking role but we don't have our best CM in Robertson fit, so it may mean Vaughan stays where he is for a while longer.
We have Matthews, Herron and Hendry who can play there.

Vaughan needs to be playing in the final 3rd of the pitch. There were times today he was dropping deeper than our centre backs and he was taking free kicks from almost the half way line.

Smith needs to try something different, for away games at least, as we can't go on like this if we want to achieve promotion.

6 hours ago, lellywong said:
To be honest I think a draw is a fair result away to Alloa, not a place we generally score a barrowload of goals.  Makes for an interesting run in to the end of the season:unsure2:

Next week Ayr play Alloa and we play Queens Park. If Ayr drop points to Alloa and we win then it's a good result but if Ayr get the win then a draw hasn't been good enough.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Sounds like Buchanan has had a shiter of a season; nobody here or at Livi would be questioning his usefulness at this level, even if he had a bad run. He was even deadly in the second tier for us too - did he beat that goalscoring run in the end?

Naturally, we'd be happy to rehabilitate him for you  :P

The Clacks Gulag.

We have Matthews, Herron and Hendry who can play there.

Vaughan needs to be playing in the final 3rd of the pitch. There were times today he was dropping deeper than our centre backs and he was taking free kicks from almost the half way line.

Smith needs to try something different, for away games at least, as we can't go on like this if we want to achieve promotion.
Totally agree that Vaughan needs to be playing higher.

Smith isn't playing Hendry, and as each week passes with him still not having played one minute it seems a strange signing.

I don't think Heron and Matthews can play together as a 2, and with Robertson out it leaves us with a problem in CM.

Vaughan's best form was wide in a 4-4-2, playing as a third striker when we had the ball and tracking back when we lost it.

Totally agree that Vaughan needs to be playing higher.

Smith isn't playing Hendry, and as each week passes with him still not having played one minute it seems a strange signing.

I don't think Heron and Matthews can play together as a 2, and with Robertson out it leaves us with a problem in CM.

Vaughan's best form was wide in a 4-4-2, playing as a third striker when we had the ball and tracking back when we lost it.
The problem with Vaughan wide left was you need McHattie behind to get forward to provide with as he loves to drift inside. With Murray left back it just wouldn't work.

But in think it's all agreed Vaughan has to get further forward. It was crying out for him to be up there today yet once again. Smith didn't or refused to see it.

Archived