Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

2 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Wish him all the best etc etc, but surely even  he thought he had no chance. 

It's an appalling choice. Is there any other serious reasoning behind this appointment other than he once managed an old firm team? 

Will be fascinating to see the crowd at his first game – and what sort of squad bothers to pitch up for the friendlies.

A lot of people don’t want him as he walked out of a job the last time, bit seriously who else could we bring in that was better than him and not in a job just now? Nobody else wanted it and he was the best candidate that was available.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

A lot of people don’t want him as he walked out of a job the last time, bit seriously who else could we bring in that was better than him and not in a job just now? Nobody else wanted it and he was the best candidate that was available.

Why do they have to be out of a job like McLeish? But if that has to be the criterion for choosing a Scotland boss I'd have gone back on my hands and knees to Gordon Strachan. I had little time for Strachan  and his myopic obsession with second-tier English football, but he's streets ahead of a slavering wreck like McLeish.

23 minutes ago, edinabear said:

I suspect the main reason is that he is an ex Rangers man, which nowadays apparently you just can't be.

Has nothing to do with being ex-Rangers. Has everything to do with the fact he has been a total disaster of a manager for the past 5 or 6 years and looks terminally ill.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This would make sense, for the same reason that Smith would have done.  The SFA don't have a CEO and bringing in a fairly safe pair of hands who has done the job before gives them breathing space.  Offering him it for any longer than that would be crazy.

2.5yr deal, apparently.

2 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Why do they have to be out of a job like McLeish? But if that's the criterion for choosing a Scotland boss I'd have gone back on my hands and knees to Strachan. I had little time for Strachan but he's streets ahead of a slavering wreck like McLeish.

I have to agree strachan done my head in with his selections at times, but the thought of a steaming mcliesh writing names on a fag packet doon the boozer fills me with dread.

3 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

I have to agree strachan done my head in with his selections at times, but the thought of a steaming mcliesh writing names on a fag packet doon the boozer fills me with dread.

Maybe that is where we have been going wrong. Doing it professionally (kind of) has not seen us qualify for 20 years. 

Underwhelming choice for me. Would have rather gone for Steve Clark than McLeish. A new pair of hands. McLeish walked away and in no other job would your employers take you back. 

SFA are an utter shambles. 

After 20 years of being a member of the Supporters club. I am out 

What a disaster :o 

Rotten to the core the lot of them. 

If it is at all possible to regress the game further at home, I'm sure that clueless fuckwit will manage (sic) it :( 

Archived