Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeeeeeeeee-sus.

Does anyone really think this is a good appointment? True, he had a good record last time, but he was just following the template laid down by Walter Smith. He didn't actually have to think for himself. His managerial record is, at best, patchy, and I've never seen any reason to think he has tactical acumen. Things have moved on in the last 10 years.

He's also a p***k who left us in the lurch last time, to take a job with that powerhouse of world football, Birmingham City.

I already had plenty of reasons not to go back to Scotland games and they've just given me another one.

McLeish for manager, stay at an un-redeveloped Hampden and Neil Doncaster for CEO. Woopdeedo. 

If the ‘Tartan Army’ had any credibility at all, they would boycott the upcoming games and refuse to renew their memberships. This latest fiasco should be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

Sadly, the SFA could appoint Barry Bennell and the Doe a Deer mob would still turn up and clap like seals.

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

Because he was a failure.

No appointment makes sacking Strachan the wrong move. The wrong move is who takes over.

So was McLeish. And it's not as simple as that, Strachan should have been retained.  Only simpletons think like that, same as thinking McLeish did a good job last time he was only in charge for a short while, this is what I mean when I say intl football can give a false impression as it's only a small number of games.

It's win-win, really. If we start well in qualifying, he'll f**k off to Bolton Wanderers and leave us in chaos. If we're shit, we'll be stuck with him.

Wait, that doesn't sound right  :unsure2:

Archived