Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

Delusion is thinking that the paymasters at Celtic don't want a team playing out of Ibrox to help them along. They throw their fans the occasional bone at the AGM and pay them lip service in the press, all the while being in cahoots with their symmetrical friends across the city.

An absolute cabal.

Anyhoo, back on topic. This is all rather uninspiring. Are we to take it that Steve Clarke has privately knocked it back? Or have the blazers just not bothered asking the question? I am not sure which option would be more of a red neck, to be honest.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's funny that Rangers fans think the SFA is ran by Celtic and Celtic fans think that the SFA give Rangers special treatment. Could the answer be that in actual fact the SFA bend over for both of the c***s whilst the rest of us need to listen to their squabbles? Who knows.

The Farry incident mentioned earlier in the thread is proof that they deliberately fucked Celtic at one point. So Celtic fans have a right to be wary of who is in charge.  The redistribution of prize money was also voted on by all clubs and shared between all clubs. The difference between 1st place and 2nd is around £800K now. I think you'd expect the team that wins the competition to get the most prize money.

Just now, Guts said:

The Farry incident mentioned earlier in the thread is proof that they deliberately fucked Celtic at one point. So Celtic fans have a right to be wary of who is in charge.  The redistribution of prize money was also voted on by all clubs and shared between all clubs. The difference between 1st place and 2nd is around £800K now. I think you'd expect the team that wins the competition to get the most prize money.

I have no interest in entering your squabble here, I'm merely pointing out that Rangers and Celtic moaning about the SFA treating the other one better is laughable when the rest of Scottish football isn't even an after thought for them. 

8 minutes ago, IggyStooge said:

Delusion is thinking that the paymasters at Celtic don't want a team playing out of Ibrox to help them along. They throw their fans the occasional bone at the AGM and pay them lip service in the press, all the while being in cahoots with their symmetrical friends across the city.

An absolute cabal.

Anyhoo, back on topic. This is all rather uninspiring. Are we to take it that Steve Clarke has privately knocked it back? Or have the blazers just not bothered asking the question? I am not sure which option would be more of a red neck, to be honest.

I have wondered this before and maybe it is true, maybe the push for an investigation is a show by Celtic. They didn't get the name "The Old Firm" for nothing. Also extremely disappointed in the Colts shite, that looks like they must have been in talks with the ****. I do think Celtic would rather some form of **** about for the money making reason.

Steve Clarke for me too but it would be shite to steal him away from Kilmarnock. I would like Klinsmann too and he is not in work.

Is anyone else other then "Sky sources" and some bloke from William Hill suggesting that he's actually getting the job? The Sun ( yes, I know ) are suggesting that there's a lot of resistance to McLeish getting the job. I mean, if we're going to panic over not very credible sources, it's certainly worth mentioning.

If it is McLeish then it confirms that the blazers have no interest in a successful Scotland. They are only interested in their little cosy set up with all the privileges they get. The game is Scotland is totally fucked. I personally hope McLeish crashes and Burns and we become a total irrelevance rather just a joke as we are just now.

52 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Mcleish at 2/7 on oddschecker. Suggests it's nailed on.

Not necessarily.  Just means a few more bets have been placed.  Next manager markets are very volatile because so little money is placed on it.

If one of the main media outlets said the job was going to Celine Dion, you'd suddenly see her as odds on favourite.

2 hours ago, Guts said:

If they ran it so much then surely they would have been able to force an investigation into the **** getting their Euro licence in 2011?

All the clubs should be pushing for that and an investigation into the obvious collusion between the SFA and Rangers/Sevco. It has only been Celtic pushing for it when the whole of Scottish football was cheated. If they ran it as you say then they'd get it.

Walter Smith and "Big Eck" should not have even been considered for their part in the EBT years and of course walking out on Scotland when they were in charge. 

If Celtic wanted that I'm sure they would have been.  

I dunno, we've had a couple of 'nailed-on' candidates so far. McLeish seems utterly desperate for work, so it's hard to imagine how they'd f**k this up, but there's always the possibility for insisting he remain teetotal while accidentally referring to him as a ginger arsehole who'll jump ship the second Nottingham Forest flash their knickers.

That still might not be enough to put him off, thinking about it  :unsure:

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

It's funny that Rangers fans think the SFA is ran by Celtic and Celtic fans think that the SFA give Rangers special treatment. Could the answer be that in actual fact the SFA bend over for both of the c***s whilst the rest of us need to listen to their squabbles? Who knows.

Well yes, obviously I mean the old firm.  Witness no titles being stripped from rangers for example.  But Celtic are more powerful now as rangers are a shambles.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Isn't every club allowed to postpone one league fixture a season?  Obviously, most won't (although they should, just for a lie-in one day) and Celtic will always take them up on it to build revenue, but everyone has the facility as far as I'm aware, unless I'm mistaken.

On the Malky Mackay thing, and the doommongers of "this has been the plan all along"...I never understand that.  If the SFA has some overarching plan that they've always wanted Mackay in the job, why haven't they just given him it?  They clearly didn't give enough of a shit about his past to not put him in the role of performance director, or to put him in temporary charge.  Do people really think that they now care about putting him in the job permanently so much that they're willing to play some kind of long-term shell game just to get him in?  That's giving them far more credit than they deserve.  If they wanted Malky in, they'd have given him the job already, simple as that.

This is getting a habit, but agree totally with what you say.

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

If it is McLeish then it confirms that the blazers have no interest in a successful Scotland. They are only interested in their little cosy set up with all the privileges they get. The game is Scotland is totally fucked. I personally hope McLeish crashes and Burns and we become a total irrelevance rather just a joke as we are just now.

Can you please stick to the generally accepted tabloid vernacular?  The word you're looking for is "beaks"...."blazers" is so 2000s.

1 minute ago, Big Ally said:

When you compare Mcleish versus Clark  I think most of the TA would go for Clark every time . So what are Pettrie and MaCrae up to seemingly offering it to McLeish  ,don't the fans opinions count for anything ?

They genuinely believe they know better.  People who have been successful in business tend to have a Messiah complex.

TBH I'm ambivalent about McLeish. Give him the nations league on a one year rolling contract, with the likes of Gemmill or Alex Neil (if interested in such a role) as his team (and potential successors).

The cons:

• Going back to Eck shows a distinct lack of lateral thinking (conversely, it presents the least risk)
  • His record in the last 7 or so years is poor

The pros:

• I always thought he enjoyed a lot of luck in his first spell, but then I couldn't care less if it's luck or skill that gets us to a tournament. At least a second spell for McLeish would help answer that question that has lingered since early 2008 'what if he'd stayed?'
  • There will be no Paul Le Guen style disasters - McLeish knows the game in Scotland and the UK. I realise this is a double-edged sword, but perhaps on balance and given 99% of our playing pool are here it's the least risky direction to take.

So there. I'm neither crying nor cock-helicoptering. If it's McLeish then hey ho.

Archived