Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

It's official Michael O'Neil signs new contract with NI
Imagine the Scottish FA losing out to NI... what a fucking minter!

Surprised by that according to some of the posters on here he's that good you'd think he'd be succeeding zidane at real Madrid.  Maybe brechin and shamrock rovers didn't suitably impress them.

Surprised by that according to some of the posters on here he's that good you'd think he'd be succeeding zidane at real Madrid.  Maybe brechin and shamrock rovers didn't suitably impress them.
Not the point though Pep. Regardless of peoples opinions on him, more to do with our national sports governing body losing their top target to NI.
Pure minterage

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Not the point though Pep. Regardless of peoples opinions on him, more to do with our national sports governing body losing their top target to NI.
Pure minterage

It is, though looks to me like he took the easy option where failure is acceptable and a guarantee of six million. 

Can't't blame him really when his entire career consists of finishing above Romania and Hungary during their worst periods ever in one qualifying section and winning one game by one goal in the group stage as well as winning a cup tie against steaua Bucharest or something.  

According to the posters on here that eclipses 11 seasons in the premiership with an average league position of 6th and 200 premiership wins.  Is it any wonder I treat their views with contempt.

1 hour ago, Worktheshaft said:

McLeish is probably the best call for now. We get him in just to keep us ticking over. He looks like he's about to die anyway so we can revisit this in 6 months time.

:lol:

Harsh but fair. Well, the last part.

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

Think O'Neill would rather be with a country offering 200k more than we were as well tbh. As well as a country who actually showed that they want him, instead of just saying it and doing f**k all about it.

And a six year deal which he wouldn't have got with us.  I think we offered 600k with 4 years, you can see why you would take n Ireland's offer.

It has to be steve Clarke now. managed and coached at all age levels with a very good tactical knowledge and good knowledge of the Scottish game. Let him finish his season with Killie if he wants then first games in charge the June friendlies. I’ve said it all along should have kept Strachan !!!

There's a wonderful John Hughes interview in the Record today which has to be seen to be believed:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-hughes-reveals-would-manage-11995346

John Hughes admits he’s so desperate to land the Scotland job he is willing to do it for nothing.

The former Falkirk, Hibs and Inverness boss has already made contact with SFA vice-president Rod Petrie in a bid to get his name in the frame.

Fierce patriot Hughes feels he deserves an interview and that he should be considered a serious candidate for the post.

The 53-year-old is adamant he is exactly what the Scotland team needs and reckons he is the right man to end our 20-year major finals drought.

Hughes insists he has spent his managerial career getting the best out of what was already at his disposal and claims he has only ever spent £240,000.

He said: “I feel I deserve an interview for the Scotland job.

“I certainly deserve to be treated as a serious candidate. Why should John Hughes not get an interview?

“I want the job for the right reasons. I will do it for nothing. I am very patriotic.

“I totally understand the expectations of the nation and believe I could manage them.

“I have ducked, dived and begged, borrowed and stole my whole managerial career. I have only spent £240,000 in my whole managerial career.

“Gordon Strachan did a great job and we were getting results towards the end of the World Cup campaign – I believe I could continue that.

“That is my blueprint. I could get the best out of what is already there. That is what Scotland need right now.

“We cannot sign players so you have to get the best out of what is there.

Think O'Neill would rather be with a country offering 200k more than we were as well tbh. As well as a country who actually showed that they want him, instead of just saying it and doing f**k all about it.
This is my point. Scotlands national sport is by far football, even read that we have one of the biggest supported leagues per capita in Europe. With this in mind it's incredulous that we can't at least match NI offer for our top target. Merits of O'Neil record/suitability is another point/issue

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
26 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

This is my point. Scotlands national sport is by far football, even read that we have one of the biggest supported leagues per capita in Europe. With this in mind it's incredulous that we can't at least match NI offer for our top target. Merits of O'Neil record/suitability is another point/issue

Highest supported league in the world per capita.  And one of the smallest TV deals in Europe.  It should be five times what it is.

Highest supported league in the world per capita.  And one of the smallest TV deals in Europe.  It should be five times what it is.
Must be bigger TV deal than NI though? Agree with you though.. SFA is a failed business; massive clear out is needed. How the f**k does even Petrie still ride the gravy train

45 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

“I have ducked, dived and begged, borrowed and stole my whole managerial career. I have only spent £240,000 in my whole managerial career.

Considering he spent 500k on Anthony Stokes, we can add Maths to the growing list of things he's utter fucking shite at.

28 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
33 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Must be bigger TV deal than NI though? Agree with you though.. SFA is a failed business; massive clear out is needed. How the f**k does even Petrie still ride the gravy train

Yeah I'm sure it is just saying.  Scottish football is drastically undersold.  Partly due to the collapse of setanta.  And the old firm bullying Scottish football into it.

Archived