Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

4 minutes ago, forameus said:

Don't flatter yourself, I wouldn't waste much time on "hating" a complete stranger on an internet forum.  That would be ridiculous.

Aye, it was brilliant when Malky Mackay managed that international team to heights they'd only previously dreamed of.  I was tearing up.

Michael o Neill - never managed a full time professional football team

Malky Mackay - got a full time professional football team promoted to the premiership

Mackay clearly has the better CV, one purple patch not withstanding.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Michael o Neill - never managed a full time professional football team

Malky Mackay - got a full time professional football team promoted to the premiership

Mackay clearly has the better CV, one purple patch not withstanding.

Michael O'Neill has international experience, Malky Mackay doesn't.  That puts his CV far higher in the pecking order, no matter how many times you trot out the shite "oh, international games don't count" argument.  And I expect I'm "On Ignore" now too.  Ooft, that'll sting.

4 minutes ago, forameus said:

Michael O'Neill has international experience, Malky Mackay doesn't.  That puts his CV far higher in the pecking order, no matter how many times you trot out the shite "oh, international games don't count" argument.  And I expect I'm "On Ignore" now too.  Ooft, that'll sting.

In your opinion.  However, in reality, that's utter shite.  Mackay also got Cardiff to a league cup final and kept Watford up while O'Neill was managing brechin.

58 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Sometimes I wonder if I'm reading the Politically correct weekly when i read some of the posts on here. There's no doubt that the language used by Malky is no longer seen as acceptable, however it's hardly a hanging offence. I suppose it's just this modern culture of everyone being "outraged", "shocked", "disturbed" or any other over the top adjective for everything and anything, no matter how trivial in the bigger picture.

As an example, my 85 year old neighbour is a Gospel Hall elder, does lots for charity and is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet, however she still refers to the young lad who works in the local Chinese as "the wee chinky boy" and the young Pakistani lad who works in his fathers shop as "the wee paki boy", now, I agree it doesn't sit well with modern attitudes but ultimately she means no harm and nobody is being hurt.

I'm sorry but it's high time that many of you saw things with a bit of perspective.....................

Okay, I'll bite. 

Your 85 year old neighbour is a racist.  Hate to point that out to you.  Nobody is being hurt, as far as you know.

Yet again, whether we as middle class, straight males (presumably) are offended or not offended or showing perspective or not showing perspective is utterly irrelevant.  It isn't our place to put parameters on what is interpreted as racist by the subjects of that racism.

I have real issues with "false consciousness" and "privilege", but that post could only come from somebody who hasn't experienced racism or homophobia in the UK.

Malky Mackay has shown he hasn't the intellect or decency to represent all sectors of the Scottish community.  He's also a shite manager.  Both of those are true, and both of those should disqualify him from the manager's gig.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Okay, I'll bite. 

Your 85 year old neighbour is a racist.  Hate to point that out to you.  Nobody is being hurt, as far as you know.

Yet again, whether we as middle class, straight males (presumably) are offended or not offended or showing perspective or not showing perspective is utterly irrelevant.  It isn't our place to put parameters on what is interpreted as racist by the subjects of that racism.

I have real issues with "false consciousness" and "privilege", but that post could only come from somebody who hasn't experienced racism or homophobia in the UK.

Malky Mackay has shown he hasn't the intellect or decency to represent all sectors of the Scottish community.  He's also a shite manager.  Both of those are true, and both of those should disqualify him from the manager's gig.

Two things.  That guy isn't a racist, and racism is defined by society not solely the victims of racism.

I was just assuming that WATTOO was trolling TBH. It's hard to imagine someone being unable to see the difference between a befuddled pensioner using outdated terminology supposedly without malice, and a middle-aged professional using a person's sexuality/race/etc as evidence of their character. I did enjoy the hysterical stuff about "political correctness weekly"..."hardly a hanging offence"..."modern culture"...followed by an accusation of other people being over the top  :lol:

Still, we'll maybe get to find out what the Israelis think of Malky's Jewish stereotypes before the year's out, those easily-offended snowflakes.

22 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I was just assuming that WATTOO was trolling TBH. It's hard to imagine someone being unable to see the difference between a befuddled pensioner using outdated terminology supposedly without malice, and a middle-aged professional using a person's sexuality/race/etc as evidence of their character. I did enjoy the hysterical stuff about "political correctness weekly"..."hardly a hanging offence"..."modern culture"...followed by an accusation of other people being over the top  :lol:

Still, we'll maybe get to find out what the Israelis think of Malky's Jewish stereotypes before the year's out, those easily-offended snowflakes.

Tbf Israel is a racist state.

The Michael O'Neill drink-driving thing does probably come down to the fact that nobody was hurt, and that we have an ingrained culture of not taking motoring offences seriously. You'll still find folk, sometimes on here, who straightfacedly claim to be better drivers with a few drinks in them. If he was a repeat offender, I'd have been surprised if there weren't more complaints. Personally, I never thought there was any danger that he'd take the job, so it was a moot point. I'm still surprised the SFA are pretending that it'll be anyone other than Malky.

It's certainly not that people were willing to overlook it because he's a better manager; I could see that of an Alex Ferguson, but he'd hardly have been the messiah.

4 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The Michael O'Neill drink-driving thing does probably come down to the fact that nobody was hurt, and that we have an ingrained culture of not taking motoring offences seriously. You'll still find folk, sometimes on here, who straightfacedly claim to be better drivers with a few drinks in them. If he was a repeat offender, I'd have been surprised if there weren't more complaints. Personally, I never thought there was any danger that he'd take the job, so it was a moot point. I'm still surprised the SFA are pretending that it'll be anyone other than Malky.

It's certainly not that people were willing to overlook it because he's a better manager; I could see that of an Alex Ferguson, but he'd hardly have been the messiah.

It won't be malky, never been in the running imo.  It will be Smith, probably with gemmell.

Apart from Mackay I would tolerate any other candidate and support them, even though the list of potential Scotland managers isn't exactly full of inspiring names.

Malky Mackay is unworthy and unsuitable for the position of Scotland manager (and for his current position, for that matter) because:

1. his past behaviour and conduct is not the behaviour and conduct that I would expect from someone who has been chosen to represent Scotland on an international stage.

and 2. he is not a good football manager.

If Mackay is appointed manager I will not attend another Scotland match and will not support the national team while he is in charge.

Maybe I'm just "old school" (and I know that phrase will undoubtedly annoy quite a few of you luvvies) but personally I'd take Adolf Hitler as our Manager if I thought he could get us qualification (He could certainly motivate).

I'm sorry but I don't think the position of Scotland's Football Manager requires some kind of angelic properties or further requirement to mirror the views of the typical 2000's era shrinking violet who all appear to have the moral code of a Saint..............

I was just assuming that WATTOO was trolling TBH. It's hard to imagine someone being unable to see the difference between a befuddled pensioner using outdated terminology supposedly without malice, and a middle-aged professional using a person's sexuality/race/etc as evidence of their character. I did enjoy the hysterical stuff about "political correctness weekly"..."hardly a hanging offence"..."modern culture"...followed by an accusation of other people being over the top  [emoji38]

That's the thing. Malky was not just guilty of outdated terminology. It was pretty vile stuff in those texts, and for me he's going to have to do an awful lot more before he's granted 'another chance'.

You read a lot of interesting opinions on here, but I never thought I'd see someone posit that not murdering millions of people requires "angelic qualities" and "the moral code of a saint"  :lol:

Maybe I'm just "old school" (and I know that phrase will undoubtedly annoy quite a few of you luvvies) but personally I'd take Adolf Hitler as our Manager if I thought he could get us qualification (He could certainly motivate).
I'm sorry but I don't think the position of Scotland's Football Manager requires some kind of angelic properties or further requirement to mirror the views of the typical 2000's era shrinking violet who all appear to have the moral code of a Saint..............

I was willing to put up with Strachan acting like a dick with the media, but aggressive annexation of eastern Europe is just a (goose) step too far im afraid.

I'm out.

I don’t think not being a massive racist requires a particularly high moral code tbh.

Archived