Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Sometimes I wonder if I'm reading the Politically correct weekly when i read some of the posts on here. There's no doubt that the language used by Malky is no longer seen as acceptable, however it's hardly a hanging offence. I suppose it's just this modern culture of everyone being "outraged", "shocked", "disturbed" or any other over the top adjective for everything and anything, no matter how trivial in the bigger picture.

As an example, my 85 year old neighbour is a Gospel Hall elder, does lots for charity and is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet, however she still refers to the young lad who works in the local Chinese as "the wee chinky boy" and the young Pakistani lad who works in his fathers shop as "the wee paki boy", now, I agree it doesn't sit well with modern attitudes but ultimately she means no harm and nobody is being hurt.

I'm sorry but it's high time that many of you saw things with a bit of perspective.....................

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Maybe I'm just "old school" (and I know that phrase will undoubtedly annoy quite a few of you luvvies) but personally I'd take Adolf Hitler as our Manager if I thought he could get us qualification (He could certainly motivate).

I'm sorry but I don't think the position of Scotland's Football Manager requires some kind of angelic properties or further requirement to mirror the views of the typical 2000's era shrinking violet who all appear to have the moral code of a Saint..............

Genuinely :lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Sometimes I wonder if I'm reading the Politically correct weekly when i read some of the posts on here. There's no doubt that the language used by Malky is no longer seen as acceptable, however it's hardly a hanging offence. I suppose it's just this modern culture of everyone being "outraged", "shocked", "disturbed" or any other over the top adjective for everything and anything, no matter how trivial in the bigger picture.

As an example, my 85 year old neighbour is a Gospel Hall elder, does lots for charity and is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet, however she still refers to the young lad who works in the local Chinese as "the wee chinky boy" and the young Pakistani lad who works in his fathers shop as "the wee paki boy", now, I agree it doesn't sit well with modern attitudes but ultimately she means no harm and nobody is being hurt.

I'm sorry but it's high time that many of you saw things with a bit of perspective.....................

Your example of of your 85 year old neighbour is perfect, as when I visit my 90 year old dear she sometimes asks me to nip out to the paki's for a pint of milk. Now SavageHenry (whom I'll deal with in a minute!) and other idealistic imbeciles who think that's racist behaviour are making no allowance for "transition" which I'll explain below. But back to the matter in hand. You are making a comparable error here, no matter how well intentioned you think you are being. In your neighbour's day the terms paki (pakistani) and chinky (usually chinese restauarant) were predominantly used as abreviations, and whilst perhaps demeaning jargon, in no way were your neighbour or my mother even remotely racist. However, in the decades that followed, those terms began to be used abusively (along with spick, wop, dago, nip, kraut etc.) and were rightfully removed from acceptable language. The point you are missing (or being selective about) is that Mackay is two generations on from that era, and a) should know better and b) will have had enough people put him right during his formative school and banking years to be deemed to be actively racist, as opposed to the elderly passive abbreviation used by your neighbour.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Okay, I'll bite. 

Your 85 year old neighbour is a racist.  Hate to point that out to you.  Nobody is being hurt, as far as you know.

Yet again, whether we as middle class, straight males (presumably) are offended or not offended or showing perspective or not showing perspective is utterly irrelevant.  It isn't our place to put parameters on what is interpreted as racist by the subjects of that racism.

I have real issues with "false consciousness" and "privilege", but that post could only come from somebody who hasn't experienced racism or homophobia in the UK.

Malky Mackay has shown he hasn't the intellect or decency to represent all sectors of the Scottish community.  He's also a shite manager.  Both of those are true, and both of those should disqualify him from the manager's gig.

9/10 for an excellent post, except for the bit I've underlined. If you think everyone in the world who has ever used the word "paki" or chinky" is racist, then you're an idiot, and there's no point in my debating this with you other than to offer the following explanation. You are only looking at "the now", and in that context you are bang on, but you are taking no account whatsover of the transitional period we are living in. Within the next 30 or 40 years the entire generation of people who used those two words purely as abbreviations (and yes, I know there were racists in those days too...............but not everyone!) will be dead, and by then those habitual references from that generation will have disappeared too. You can try to educate an 85 year old all you want, but when you're that age you'll lapse into habitual behaviour too.

Mackay is from an era where use of either of those two words will have been slapped out of him at an early age, so he has made a conscious decision to leave himself open to investigation by using them (and worse!). That's a fundamental difference, so please tell me you recognise that or (no pun intended) do you only see things in black or white? If so then you're wrong (particularly in these days of mixed marriages!). Hate to point that out to you.

2 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Your example of of your 85 year old neighbour is perfect, as when I visit my 90 year old dear she sometimes asks me to nip out to the paki's for a pint of milk. Now SavageHenry (whom I'll deal with in a minute!) and other idealistic imbeciles who think that's racist behaviour are making no allowance for "transition" which I'll explain below. But back to the matter in hand. You are making a comparable error here, no matter how well intentioned you think you are being. In your neighbour's day the terms paki (pakistani) and chinky (usually chinese restauarant) were predominantly used as abreviations, and whilst perhaps demeaning jargon, in no way were your neighbour or my mother even remotely racist. However, in the decades that followed, those terms began to be used abusively (along with spick, wop, dago, nip, kraut etc.) and were rightfully removed from acceptable language. The point you are missing (or being selective about) is that Mackay is two generations on from that era, and a) should know better and b) will have had enough people put him right during his formative school and banking years to be deemed to be actively racist, as opposed to the elderly passive abbreviation used by your neighbour.

9/10 for an excellent post, except for the bit I've underlined. If you think everyone in the world who has ever used the word "paki" or chinky" is racist, then you're an idiot, and there's no point in my debating this with you other than to offer the following explanation. You are only looking at "the now", and in that context you are bang on, but you are taking no account whatsover of the transitional period we are living in. Within the next 30 or 40 years the entire generation of people who used those two words purely as abbreviations (and yes, I know there were racists in those days too...............but not everyone!) will be dead, and by then those habitual references from that generation will have disappeared too. You can try to educate an 85 year old all you want, but when you're that age you'll lapse into habitual behaviour too.

Mackay is from an era where use of either of those two words will have been slapped out of him at an early age, so he has made a conscious decision to leave himself open to investigation by using them (and worse!). That's a fundamental difference, so please tell me you recognise that or (no pun intended) do you only see things in black or white? If so then you're wrong (particularly in these days of mixed marriages!). Hate to point that out to you.

He also looks like a c*nt.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I was willing to put up with Strachan acting like a dick with the media, but aggressive annexation of eastern Europe is just a (goose) step too far im afraid.

I'm out.

His record against Eastern European states is vastly superior to any manager we've ever had.

Scottish Gossip: Smith, Scotland, McLeish, McNamara, MacKinnon - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43000476

That seems to rule out the cardigan. Wonder who the SMSM will pour down our throats next? McLeish?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43001773

Also, new cheapest option emerges as John Hughes says he will do it for nothing.

16 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Hitler's away record was pretty decent but his home record was shocking. Russia gave Germany an absolute doing in Berlin.

We should take a look at the boy who was managing Russia at the time. Other than one slip-up in Finland his record was excellent, and as he was Georgian he's clearly got no issue with managing other countries.

It is believed the former Rangers and Everton boss was not offered the position but ruled himself out after talks with the governing body.

You've got to actually wonder what they're actually coming out with when they are "in talks" if they're get told to f**k off by the interviewee???

2for2!!!

Archived