Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McLeish seems to be the media choice now that Wattie has taken his cardigan out of the ring.

I'd genuinely rather have Strachan over the names linked so far including MoN, McKay, McLeish, Caldwell and Gemmill. 

Obviously that ship has sailed. Bilic is the obvious candidate but probably won't even get an interview.

The shambles at the top (CEO position down) doesn't fill me with one iota of confidence in anybody credible being appointed.

4 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

I’m at the stage now where if you didn’t laugh you’d cry. We’re going to end up with some hilariously shite appointment aren’t we? :lol:

Yes :(

I’m at the stage now where if you didn’t laugh you’d cry. We’re going to end up with some hilariously shite appointment aren’t we? :lol:

I'm starting to think that they are going down the route of half-arsed attempts to interview prospects but putting them off enough that they all decline and we're going to be left with Mackay!!!

3 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

McLeish seems to be the media choice now that Wattie has taken his cardigan out of the ring.

I'd genuinely rather have Strachan over the names linked so far including MoN, McKay, McLeish, Caldwell and Gemmill. 

Obviously that ship has sailed. Bilic is the obvious candidate but probably won't even get an interview.

The shambles at the top (CEO position down) doesn't fill me with one iota of confidence in anybody credible being appointed.

I'm pretty sure Bilic himself said he wasn't interested.

Picking-up on earlier posts... there is a gaping contextual chasm between elderly people unwittingly referring to someone from Pakistan as "Pakis", in the way they might refer to someone from Denmark as "Danes" i.e. without malice, and informed middle-aged people talking about others in the negative as:

"Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There’s enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.”- On Cardiff’s South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung, when Moody informed Mackay that "five of the b******s including the player are arriving for talks"

"Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers.”- On agent Phil Smith

"He’s a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted.” and "the homo" - On another club’s official

"Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.” - On potential transfer targets

"I hope she’s looking after your needs. I bet you’d love a bounce on her falsies.”- On a player’s female agent

A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a “Go to Jail” square) - Sent to members of Cardiff’s staff

Israeli club Maccabi Tel Aviv are also referred to simply as “the Jews

a French youngster is described as someone who “struck me as an independently-minded young homo

one player’s career: “Doesn’t look like a good cv. And he’s Nigerian.”

"he needs to rename his agency the All Blacks" - after a list of players proposed by a French agent is forwarded

56 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

We should take a look at the boy who was managing Russia at the time. Other than one slip-up in Finland his record was excellent, and as he was Georgian he's clearly got no issue with managing other countries.

You mean Stalin? He's not managed anyone for 65 years. He could be dead now.

I've been following the fledgling career of the North Korea manager with interest. He's turned their home ground into a fortress.

Failing that, could give that old Cuban lad and his Argentinean assistant a call. They defeated the Yanks a few times.

20 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

After hearing about the internal workings at West Ham, I want Bilic nowhere near the job!

6 minutes ago, harry94 said:

After hearing about the internal workings at West Ham, I want Bilic nowhere near the job!

Has he been implicated in the Henry affair? 

13 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Has he been implicated in the Henry affair? 

No, just woefully incompetent and didn't seem to have any idea on playing tactics. The Snodgrass story where he asked him what position he wanted to play really rings alarm bells.

He'd be a good character and maybe popular with the fans but if he's got no plans and can't even be bothered to research a player he's signing, I'm not really sure how he'd take to managing a foreign nation.

EDIT: For the record, I was championing this idea the moment he was available but the more I read about him, the more alarmed I am.

Half the guys on this thread have the passion and would do it for free, doesn't mean we would get the gig, although I would probably go for some of them before I went for Yogi!!!

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

No, just woefully incompetent and didn't seem to have any idea on playing tactics. The Snodgrass story where he asked him what position he wanted to play really rings alarm bells.

He'd be a good character and maybe popular with the fans but if he's got no plans and can't even be bothered to research a player he's signing,

Is it really that ridiculous that a manager asks a player what he thinks his best position is?

I honestly doubt someone tactically inept could achieve what he did with Croatia.

Archived