Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Surely they would have been better saying to someone, lets say Scott Gemmill, to take it to the summer to give us time to get a Chief Exec in place? This appointment just stinks that they are going to appoint one of the usual suspects as Chief Exec and the status quo will remain forever more. Cannot. Fucking. Wait.

It'll be McNamara. 

After all this shite, we're going to end up with Jackie McNamara and Alex McLeish as two of the most powerful men in Scottish football. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It'll be McNamara. 

After all this shite, we're going to end up with Jackie McNamara and Alex McLeish as two of the most powerful men in Scottish football. 

Please dont. I promised my mum I'd never do smack....and that combination would require a lot of it.

For what its worth, would not surprise me one bit. Got to balance out a "gid Rainjurs man" with a "gid Sellick man"

As expected at the start, it would be an uninspired and lazy appointment. Classic Scottish FA.

Anyway I wish Alex McLeish the best of luck. He needs it. His task is simple - qualify or get tae. Nothing less.

As for the Scottish FA, the top level of it needs a drastic reform with far more executive power and far less committee structured decision making. Equally the clubs have to give up some power. Their lack of ability to think beyond their own interests for the greater good sees us where we are now.

So for a majority decision this cunto you can't remember the name of, over ruled Big Maxys choice of Bielsa for fucking Alex fucking McLeish? Alex fucking McLeish!! 
I'm fucking done with this shite.
Your taking this well Tam [emoji12]

9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Given a deal till 2020, funnily enough when Steve Clarke is out of contract ......

:thumsup2

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Even Steve Clarke part-time would be a better option. 

:)  Brendan Rodgers would be the logical part-time candidate. The number of Celtic or ex-Celtic players in the squad  could increase over the next few years.  Just imagine the seethe in Govan.

The appointment of blooming 'Eck is simply astounding considering his recent track record.  We'll probably see journeymen preferred to young talent. It's so depressing,

McLeish - managed full time teams.  Wins hands down.  I can't be bothered going through this again.  Rangers hibs Motherwell Birmingham Aston villa.  Versus brechin and shamrock rovers hmmmmm tough one.
^^^Hiya Alex, Hiya pal^^^

After Walter Smith, this is probably the best managerial appointment Scotland could have hoped for.

I'm not a massive fan of Alex McLeish the manager after his ropy spell with us in the mid to late nineties, but he has gone on to prove since that he is nothing if not a competent and capable manager who has big wins with the National team as well as trophy success at club level behind him. He must have something going for him.

And apart from all that, this is the man who has taken Scotland closer to qualification for a major tournament than anyone else has managed before or since...since the 1998 World Cup. Therefore, I think it's safe to say that Scotland fans should be happy enough with this appointment.

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

After Walter Smith, this is probably the best managerial appointment Scotland could have hoped for.

I'm not a massive fan of Alex McLeish the manager after his ropy spell with us in the mid to late nineties, but he has gone on to prove since that he is nothing if not a competent and capable manager who has big wins with the National team as well as trophy success at club level behind him. He must have something going for him.

And apart from all that, this is the man who has taken Scotland closer to qualification for a major tournament than anyone else has managed before or since...since the 1998 World Cup. Therefore, I think it's safe to say that Scotland fans should be happy enough with this appointment.

30b.gif

Agreed. Give him a 5 year deal.

Guest DAVIDB69

He hasn’t done anything in football for 7 years though

7 minutes ago, MJC said:

Top fishing, sir. 

Archived