County host the Real Famous - 31st Jan

So you bring in Ngog, played at a higher level, needs game time, you’ve  given him some time against Rangers, looked ok but needs games do you

a. Start him in next game and see how long he lasts

b. Bring him on later but give him a bit more time to see how it goes

c. Leave him on the bench and bring on Dow

Goodbye Mr Coyle, don’t let the door bang your arse on the way out.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I’ve a lot of issues with Coyle but I think he’s trying to keep Ngog’s powder dry for Dens.  Playing so much in a short time after a serious injury would be even worse management. 

The point is more about why, when there is a time limited period to get to safety, do you recruit someone that you can’t risk playing more than 15 minutes on a Sunday and then can’t play them for a short time on the Wednesday? This isn’t a rehabilitation camp, it’s a struggle for survival.

I’ve a lot of issues with Coyle but I think he’s trying to keep Ngog’s powder dry for Dens.  Playing so much in a short time after a serious injury would be even worse management. 

Might be a master stroke with Jack Hendry at the Sellic as we speak.
No it’s not a master stroke obviously, it’s Owen Coyle ffs

That was horrendous. We looked all over the place for the majority of the game. I am seeing no signs of improvement whatsoever. If anything we are actually getting worse. Basic errors over and over again, what's the game plan under Coyle? The players look like they don't have a clue what they are supposed to be doing. 

2 minutes ago, tintax said:

That was horrendous. We looked all over the place for the majority of the game. I am seeing no signs of improvement whatsoever. If anything we are actually getting worse. Basic errors over and over again, what's the game plan under Coyle? The players look like they don't have a clue what they are supposed to be doing. 

This.

Irrespective of recruitment or selection, the organisation isn’t there.

Watched the goals, McLean's second was embarrassing by the Ross Country goalkeeper. What was he attempting to do?

Rooney's second was excellent to see. McGinn with a great cross at the perfect height for Rooney and a great finish.

Both dons goals looked like poor defending but good finishes from Shalk.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Pleasing to see McGinn looking like he's never been away. In fact, given that he hardly had a break from football for 2 or 3 years before he went to South Korea, he now looks rejuvinated.

Great business to get him back.

Shite defending though for the County goals (not McGinn, the team in general).

Good win but didn't sound like we were that brilliant (Only listened on RedTV so hard to judge).

Shame for them but County look down.  They just seem to have no momentum and you know the likes of Partick, Hamilton etc are capable of pulling out results.  I don't see it with County.

That was the easiest game we have had up at Dingwall. Ross County looked a very poor side which it looks like Coyle has bought height to the team without ability. Maybe it is a confidence issue as soon as the 1st went in then we could have scored a lot more. The one thing of hope I can give to County fans is I remember we hammered them 4-0 at Pittodrie when I think Jim McIntyre just come manager,  I thought at the time they had very little chance of staying up but after our result they went on amazing unbeaten run. 

McGinn looks so fresh so it is fantastic to have him back and that is Rooney back in the goals - what a ball in for the 3rd goal. Kenny McLean is going to be a miss when he is gone so versatile and was our sitting midfielder last night. Great Aberdeen support last night :)

9 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Watched the goals, McLean's second was embarrassing by the Ross Country goalkeeper. What was he attempting to do?

Rooney's second was excellent to see. McGinn with a great cross at the perfect height for Rooney and a great finish.

Both dons goals looked like poor defending but good finishes from Shalk.

Both our keepers are having a string of howlers.  Fox's confidence looks absolutely shot.

Looking at our three goals from the first half, some of the interchange and build-up play from middle to front is really pleasing; McGinn especially highlighting what we have been missing in attack during his Korean sojourn. I'm really excited to watch the relationship between McGinn, Christie and Mackay-Steven hopefully blossom, ably supported by the likes of McLean and Shinnie, as the second half of the season develops further.

Schalk's two goals are ridiculously soft from an Aberdeen point of view, though. Arnason should be more aggressive and commanding at the first, he's too easily seen off by Curran to allow the ball to fall for Schalk. At the second, McKenna should be doing better with his header, I think he is too easily distracted by Curran's presence as he makes contact with the ball, Arnason is slightly caught on his heels against Schalk, and Rogers is perhaps beaten a bit too easily by the shot. A really harsh critic would perhaps ask questions of Rogers' positioning making the shot a bit too straightforward for Schalk, too.  

Anyway, a good three points, although not conceding two such basic goals would have been more helpful for the goal difference. 

Archived