The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

20 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I haven't been keeping up with this since moving down the road.

Is Kingsford dead? Did the NIMBY's win? A bit shit having the training complex so far away from the stadium imo.

The players a) drive and b) don't live at pittodrie 😇.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I adore this artist's impression of the new Aberdeen stadium...

FTzBRV2WQAAhFOV.jpeg.jpg.07b99a0490d943e3b07200bd4dcce582.jpg

Would be incredible. Cold as hell though.

Until there is spades in ground, I'm sceptical that either Aberdeen or Dundee will end up with a new stadium.

Easy to have nice shiny drawings and talk about what they would have etc, much much harder to actually make it a reality. 

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Between that and the proposed Dundee stadium, I can’t decide which is the biggest fantasy.

Aye,another thing building a new stadium next to the sea is minterland......

Global warming and rising water levels,great plan Cormack  🤣

Only reason he is entertaining it is because the city council is gonna put some cash into it.

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I adore this artist's impression of the new Aberdeen stadium...

FTzBRV2WQAAhFOV.jpeg.jpg.07b99a0490d943e3b07200bd4dcce582.jpg

That would be a phenomenal stadium for Aberdeen but I seen on Twitter that it’s just a mock up done by a fan and not anything official. 

It’s hard to tell from that picture but is that stadium sitting on the land that is currently used as a driving range, about 500 yards away from the away end at Pittodrie?

My car broke down one Monday morning, at the roundabout just out of shot to the right of that picture at the Beach Boulevard. It’s not the nicest place to travel through at the best of times, but it was fucking pandemonium that day with container trucks and articulated lorries stuck behind me, blasting their horns and waving their arms about like I had broke down on purpose. Even got a mention on Northsounds travel update as the traffic was backed up right down the A92. 

8 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Aye,another thing building a new stadium next to the sea is minterland......

Global warming and rising water levels,great plan Cormack  🤣

Only reason he is entertaining it is because the city council is gonna put some cash into it.

Have you ever been to Aberdeen beach and seen the difference between high tide and the BeAch Ballroom? If sea levels rise by that amount in the next 100 years then a fucked stadium will be the least of our worries.

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Have you ever been to Aberdeen beach and seen the difference between high tide and the BeAch Ballroom? If sea levels rise by that amount in the next 100 years then a fucked stadium will be the least of our worries.

Yeah i have MM and accept what your saying,was a tongue in cheek comment bud 😉

Listen I'm all for wherever your stadium gets build,think it will be a fantastic addition to scottish football as would Dundee's proposed get up at Camperdown.

My brother is an Aberdeen supporter and he,like many of you isn't too convinced about Mr.Cormack.........

5 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Yeah i have MM and accept what your saying,was a tongue in cheek comment bud 😉

Listen I'm all for wherever your stadium gets build,think it will be a fantastic addition to scottish football as would Dundee's proposed get up at Camperdown.

My brother is an Aberdeen supporter and he,like many of you isn't too convinced about Mr.Cormack.........

I’d still rather an underwater stadium than the shite half way up the Cairngorms tbh.

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I’d still rather an underwater stadium than the shite half way up the Cairngorms tbh.

Lol aye fair enough MM !!!!

The Beach proposal is far better for City Centre access,particularly for Aberdeen fans.

To be honest the Westhill proposal would probably suit away fans better,as its just of the AWPR. 

Looks like it's gonna be the beach now anyway,especially if the City Council is fully on board  🙂

Lol aye fair enough MM !!!!
The Beach proposal is far better for City Centre access,particularly for Aberdeen fans.
To be honest the Westhill proposal would probably suit away fans better,as its just of the AWPR. 
Looks like it's gonna be the beach now anyway,especially if the City Council is fully on board  [emoji846]

Any fan who’d prefer an away day on the outskirts of Westhill compared to the centre of Aberdeen needs their head checked.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Any fan who’d prefer an away day on the outskirts of Westhill compared to the centre of Aberdeen needs their head checked.

Totally agree lubo,it's more the easier access travelling to and from aspect, I was referring to as regards Westhill.

9 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

It’s hard to tell from that picture but is that stadium sitting on the land that is currently used as a driving range, about 500 yards away from the away end at Pittodrie?

No, the top left of the picture is the Beach Ballroom and the road to the right if the stadium is what is currently the Boulevard. 

Nae sure how you get to Asda for your shopping though!

Pie in the sky at the beach is surely more digestible than pie in the sky at Kingsford.

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

No, the top left of the picture is the Beach Ballroom and the road to the right if the stadium is what is currently the Boulevard. 

Nae sure how you get to Asda for your shopping though!

Pie in the sky at the beach is surely more digestible than pie in the sky at Kingsford.

I see. I’m trying to remember that area as I spent a good few nights down at that driving range. Is it where the Burger King sits? If it’s still there that is, was 5 or 6 years back the last time I was there.