The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

19 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I thought the council would pass this based on the planning permission being approved but watching this I think it is more likely to be rejected. I can't believe some of the questions getting asked

Still confident. there's only been a handful of questioners, one or two of those leaning positively, and more than half the morning dominated by Marie Boulton. She only gets one vote however much hot air she spews, I think she's forgotten that. 

Wait a year......

New Exhibition Centre will be open and Aberdeen will have a great big piece of ground about to be a wasteland only 1 or 2 miles from Pittodrie that AFC and ACC could jointly build as a football ground/community facility.

AFC currently train between Pittodrie and this site at the old Barracks....redevelop that for training or start now building training facility at Kingsford.

Job done

1 minute ago, MEADOWXI said:

Wait a year......

New Exhibition Centre will be open and Aberdeen will have a great big piece of ground about to be a wasteland only 1 or 2 miles from Pittodrie that AFC and ACC could jointly build as a football ground/community facility.

AFC currently train between Pittodrie and this site at the old Barracks....redevelop that for training or start now building training facility at Kingsford.

Job done

According to ACC, AFC were not interested in the existing exhibition site as they were looking elsewhere.

According to AFC, ACC were not interested in having a stadium at the existing exhibition site as they were exploring other uses.

Take from that what you will.

I mind some clever clogs trying to use that as proof we'd have to move, along with Apollon I think.
Atalanta
Stadio-Atleti-Azzurri-dItalia-curva-sud.jpg
And Apollon's stadium was closed because it was falling down even by Cyprus standards. 
We have the RDS, 20 corporate boxes and a full functioning all seated all covered British standard stadium.

As I say, I have no idea how close we’ve ever been to being forced to move for Europe but just stating that the claim isn’t completely without merit.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

As I say, I have no idea how close we’ve ever been to being forced to move for Europe but just stating that the claim isn’t completely without merit.

Aye, teams do have to move. But no team with anything near our facilities has ever had to move. 

I remember one of the myths years ago was about a UEFA safety certificate or inspection. Most of the historic stadiums abroad are dilapidated like section Y but all over their ground.

3 minutes ago, Captain Material said:

These daft antiquated processes. Come back from lunch, sit down for 5 mins then need a 20 minute recess to discuss amendments

Compounded by the Chair (Barney the Rocket) not having a clue about the process.

Edited by strichener

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's a wonder we get anything built in Scotland if this is typical of the discussion. Or maybe it's just Aberdeen, where the council is and always has been, full of f*ckwits.

It's not just Aberdeen, some councils are extra special. And yes it is a miracle we get things done at all.

1 minute ago, flyingscot said:

It's not just Aberdeen, some councils are extra special. And yes it is a miracle we get things done at all.

This demonstrates why, certainly at a local level, Scotland does not have a 'can do' attitiude. These muppets don't have the wherewithal or the inclination to make big decisions

This is local governance in Scotland in a nutshell.
Aberdeen City with a population of 200,000 or so has 45 councilors .
New York City with a population of 8,000,000 or so has 51 councilors.
The main difference is NYC councilors are full-time, they're not part-time busy-bodies. A dozen full-timers whose jobs depended on serving the people of the city would be a better recipe for getting things done.

To be fair there’s also 5 borough councils and presidents for Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island

And about 50 community boards below that

According to ACC, AFC were not interested in the existing exhibition site as they were looking elsewhere.
According to AFC, ACC were not interested in having a stadium at the existing exhibition site as they were exploring other uses.
Take from that what you will.

They are arses looking to screw the max most ludicrous amounts of money from overpriced housing.....
Rather than thinking how to work together for the benefit of the city is what I take from that

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To be fair there’s also 5 borough councils and presidents for Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island

And about 50 community boards below that

I'll try and avoid getting us into a de-railment of the thread but the presidents are pretty much figureheads, they have almost no power at all and the boroughs are Counties of the state of New York IIRC.  Besides, take Manahttan, 1.5 million residents, it probably needs its own government.

I have no qualms about Aberdeen having local government, but 45 is ridiculous. 12 FT would be fine.

4 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

This demonstrates why, certainly at a local level, Scotland does not have a 'can do' attitiude. These muppets don't have the wherewithal or the inclination to make big decisions

Indeed the politicking and general nonsense can be incredible.

There are some good Councillors out there right enough, however the ones who are amazingly thick to have that job and others who are power hungry wee folk stand out more. 

Some of the stuff I've heard at planning committees beggars belief. 

I guess the problem is few people hear anything of the individual Councillors and vote for parties.