The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

11 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Have a feeling this won’t get the go ahead but I hope I’m wrong 

I genuinely understand the reservations but long term I think this will be brilliant for the Club

And I think we all want to see tears & snotters from the No Kingsford lot later on :) 

I would expect it to get the go ahead with the Council citing the expected economic benefit as a reason of overriding public interest in going against their own development plans and policy however N2K will launch a legal challenge of that decision.

55 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

This has surely got to be the most boring thread on the www's.

I wish it was going to be over today. Hopefully it gets fast tracked to the scottish government to make a quick decision although I can see it will be decided at the end of the year. 

Edited by betting competition

33 minutes ago, RiG said:

I would expect it to get the go ahead with the Council citing the expected economic benefit as a reason of overriding public interest in going against their own development plans and policy however N2K will launch a legal challenge of that decision.

If it does go ahead there will be bluster regarding a legal challenge but where are they getting the cash for that?

They say they’ve raised £5,000 but need £55,000 more....

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Have a feeling this won’t get the go ahead but I hope I’m wrong 

I genuinely understand the reservations but long term I think this will be brilliant for the Club

And I think we all want to see tears & snotters from the No Kingsford lot later on :) 

Oh aye, already laughing at Diane Reid desperately lying on GMS this morning. 

23 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I wish it was going to be over today. Hopefully it gets fast tracked to the scottish government to make a quick decision although I can see it will be decided at the end of the year. 

Unless they call it in the next 30 minutes the SG will have almost no say on the matter. 

16 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

If it does go ahead there will be bluster regarding a legal challenge but where are they getting the cash for that?

They say they’ve raised £5,000 but need £55,000 more....

Who knows? It's damn expensive to launch a judicial review so they'll need to find a lot more dough from somewhere if they want to go ahead with it. Unless they apply for some kind of protective expenses order (I think that's what it's called) which could limit their costs if they lose to a smaller figure.

32 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I thought it had to go to the Scottish Government due to Aberdeenshire Council objecting.  

I don't think so. For certain types of applications if a neighbouring authority objects and doesn't withdraw that objection the application would go to a public inquiry, chaired by an independent reporter appointed by the SG.

However in this case what needs to happen is that ACC must notify the SG of their decision (due to the Aberdenshire objection) and then the SG will decide whether or not to call in the application. However the SG tend to leave local applications to local government rather than call them in for scrutiny so I'd be surprised if, once notified, they decide to call it in.

Edited by RiG

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

I don't think so. For certain types of applications if a neighbouring authority objects and doesn't withdraw that objection the application would go to a public inquiry, chaired by an independent reporter appointed by the SG.

However in this case what needs to happen is that ACC must notify the SG of their decision (due to the Aberdenshire objection) and then the SG will decide whether or not to call in the application. However the SG tend to leave local applications to local government rather than call them in for scrutiny so I'd be surprised if, once notified, they decide to call it in.

It will be called in as the proposals depend on the CPZ in Aberdeenshire.