The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

Kingsford supporters seem to live in fucking fantasy land with a 9k capacity supporters bar, good weather to hang about in and 500 extra buses to serve all areas of Aberdeen to Kingsford like the city centre.

This is like moving Celtic or Rangers to Belshill, but much worse. Fuckin Garlogie. Pre match pints in a Premier Inn. Jesus christ.

1 hour ago, COYR said:

Kingsford supporters seem to live in fucking fantasy land with a 9k capacity supporters bar, good weather to hang about in and 500 extra buses to serve all areas of Aberdeen to Kingsford like the city centre.

This is like moving Celtic or Rangers to Belshill, but much worse. Fuckin Garlogie. Pre match pints in a Premier Inn. Jesus christ.

This from the guy who thinks we can build a brand new stadium for £20m, have just 15,000 seats, then have open terraces to try and get the capacity up.

6 hours ago, Dunty said:

This from the guy who thinks we can build a brand new stadium for £20m, have just 15,000 seats, then have open terraces to try and get the capacity up.

I think we can build a stand the same size as Hearts for around the same price as them, and a stand the same size as St Mirren's for the around the same price as them.

You thought terraces were not allowed, that they had to be 1 to 1 seating space, and decreasing the angle of the stands increased the footprint. 

You can't even give a price never mind any rationale for the cost of 2 new stands, just go back to your same incorrect points. I'd give it a rest if I were you.

6 hours ago, Dunty said:

What do you even think is wrong? :lol:

Apart from saying brand new stadium instead of 2 new stands to make it sound harder, your trademark move.

47 minutes ago, COYR said:

I think we can build a stand the same size as Hearts for around the same price as them, and a stand the same size as St Mirren's for the around the same price as them.

You thought terraces were not allowed, that they had to be 1 to 1 seating space, and decreasing the angle of the stands increased the footprint. 

You can't even give a price never mind any rationale for the cost of 2 new stands, just go back to your same incorrect points. I'd give it a rest if I were you.

Unlikely. That was built/in the process of being built 10 years ago. 

19 hours ago, Dunty said:

But this is a regular occurrence at many grounds.

Queue for the underground at Ibrox after a game and you'll often be waiting until 17.30 before getting on. 

At Bayern Munich, they estimate that the car park takes three hours to empty. They have trains that service the ground but they don't hold 60,000 people at once, so there are long queues for that too.

Really, 45 minutes is not a huge amount of time to wait. It's a pint in the supporters bar.

Granted, if you're getting a train back to Glasgow or Edinburgh it's a pain, but as above this is a small amount of people, and there are solutions to that - ie get the shuttle to Dyce train station instead (queue will be shorter, journey time shorter) or run direct shuttles downntue AWPR to Stonehaven station. 

Those many other grounds you mention have lots of facilities nearby. If you want to let the crowds around Tynecastle or Easter Road dissipate there are a multitude of pubs to head for or to get some food. If you want to hang around Kingsford then the only option would appear to be the Supporters Bar which will not be able to accommodate everyone milling around the ground afterwards.

Those many other grounds you mention have lots of facilities nearby. If you want to let the crowds around Tynecastle or Easter Road dissipate there are a multitude of pubs to head for or to get some food. If you want to hang around Kingsford then the only option would appear to be the Supporters Bar which will not be able to accommodate everyone milling around the ground afterwards.

Don’t worry, there’s also the “Red cafe” (capacity of 100) and the outdoor fanzone which will be a pleasant experience through the Aberdeenshire winter.

31 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Unlikely. That was built/in the process of being built 10 years ago. 

That's why I still generously plunked on an extra £4m or so.

I'm all ears to Dunty's explanation as to why it would cost more like 30 or even 40 or fockin 50 million as claimed, for 2 stands that size and capacity. 

I will personally come back to this thread and apologise in 2021 if Kingsford costs less than 70 million.

10 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Don’t worry, there’s also the “Red cafe” (capacity of 100) and the outdoor fanzone which will be a pleasant experience through the Aberdeenshire winter.

I'm looking forward to visiting the Memorial Garden if we ever play you again.

In all seriousness, I'm sure the whole project will be great for Aberdeen FC but out of town stadiums are not as enjoyable for fans to visit as far as I'm concerned. Pittodrie may be a bit of a dump in parts but stadiums like that, Easter Road, Tynecastle and so on are much better places to go than grounds like our own and somewhere like Falkirk.

Edited by RiG

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wait; if Kingsford is within the city limits then why are Aberdeenshire council involved?

The development is immediately adjacent to Aberdeenshire Council so they need to be consulted on the application anyway. Also, some of the supporting infrastructure proposed will be on their land.

17 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

There are still people saying one of the benefits is the weather and getting away from the sea.

I look forward to these people freezing to death, or sliding back to Kingsford trying to walk back to Kingswell's park and ride.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

The development is immediately adjacent to Aberdeenshire Council so they need to be consulted on the application anyway. Also, some of the supporting infrastructure proposed will be on their land.

A footbridge. However that is not why they were consulted as it was only added late in the day due to safety concerns raised.