Clyde vs Edinburgh City

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll take a 1-0 win. As said, Edinburgh are picking up points as well and are usually a tough team to break down. If we can get Lamont, Love and Boyle on the ball often then hopefully we can get Goodwillie in more space. 

Fully expect, and rightly so the same starting 11 from the previous two games.

What we have now is competition for the enthousiastic but Raw Miller, the presumable walking a tightrope with suspension and subsequently employment Love, and the recently revived but still inconsistant midfield duo of Nicol and Cuddihy. The competition for Currie for example has brought out the best in him.

With the same effort and commitment weve shown recently, the only forthcoming fixture we may struggle with is the away trip to Peterhead which is TBC.

With a better goal difference than the three around us, games in hand, i'm really hopeful by the end of this month we can have Annan in 6th firmly in our sights.

As Andy Dufresne said - "hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things"

Expecting the usual tight game and be delighted with initially not getting beaten or better still sneak a win.

Edinburgh City, like us have been picking up points recently and  I have absolutely no idea if the new signings are 1. starting and 2. any good!

Unlike some others I am still looking behind me and will do until the next 3 games are over and we have perhaps picked up points, so many false dawns have extracted all positivity pre match away, fingers crossed this begins to be a thing of the past come 4:45 tomorrow!  

12 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

ah.. Clyde.

scrambling for relevance at the arse end of the seaside leagues.

like us but at least we don't pretend we're relevant.

the same result we got last time at Broadwood would be PLEASING.

Difference between relevance and ambition.

Whereas you may have plateaued in where you want to be, selling the cheapest pies in scotland, and having a comical mascot - we rightly aspire to bigger and better.

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life!

Edinburgh have always set up defensively against Clyde (even when at home) but I've no idea if the different manager will make a difference. 

For us, we've been able to counter attack at Montrose, then last week we kept Peterhead at arms length before having enough in the tank to push them back in the final half hour. It will be interesting to see how we approach the game having a bit more of the ball and trying to break a team down. At least with Martin and Boyle we may well have players on the bench to change things up.

10 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Hope we treat this game with the respect it deserves and don't get carried away after a couple of good results. This could be tougher than many are anticipating.

I'll go for eleven-nil Clyde.

A more modest 6-0 will. Do me

Saw Farid El Alagui pushing a pram through the petrol station at the Crewe Rd roundabout yesterday. Spent an inordinate amount of time checking his hair in the reflection of a blacked out window of a Range Rover. Clearly an omen. 

I'm worried about this match, we seem to have a new found confidence after two good performances and also a seemingly good transfer window so being a Clyde fan I know disaster is just around the corner I just hope it doesn't come in the next few matches.

1 hour ago, BWAClyde said:

I'm worried about this match, we seem to have a new found confidence after two good performances and also a seemingly good transfer window so being a Clyde fan I know disaster is just around the corner I just hope it doesn't come in the next few matches.

Think positive. Hopefully the Danny revolution has begun. Home win.

Archived