Yer Da

Oleksandr

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I think you'll find I provide the Star Wars based hilarity around here, p***k.

The only hilarity you provided was when you let your club die.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

He loves it. He wears my scarves too.

If only we had a poster who could sort him out with a matching pair of trews...

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

^^^ Yer da'

I know I asked for that but genuinely am a bit clueless about what it means. Is it an abbreviation of that Avon-selling craic? Did old codgers use it as banter between themselves? 

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I know I asked for that but genuinely am a bit clueless about what it means. Is it an abbreviation of that Avon-selling craic? Did old codgers use it as banter between themselves? 

All of John Lambies Doos posts are in the style of yer da'. I guess it's like an extension of when folk give it the "in my day" type shite. 

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

All of John Lambies Doos posts are in the style of yer da'. I guess it's like an extension of when folk give it the "in my day" type shite. 

12 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

We had more respect for our elders when I was a youngster.

Thanks - clearer now. I'm definitely well on the way to that. 

Used to like reading the local papers in East London. The letters pages would be full those types "I saw this kid spit in the street the other day. Disgusting it was. When The Kray were around they'd have given him a good slap and taken him home to his mum who'd have given him a proper 'iding".

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

After a spat on here with some um, for lack of a better word children I was made aware of the term. After a quick trip to Urban Dictionary....

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yer+Da

16 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Can I be very old-man and ask what the fek people mean by "yer da"? I'm guessing it's something to do with Facebook.

Another example for your enjoyment: 

I’m still not 100% sure about this Yer Da’. 

Would I be displaying Yer Da behaviour if I said carthorse Dunfermline players have no business wearing fancy coloured boots or advocating all hipster up themselves barmen (of which Edinburgh has many) be shot? 

Archived