Post split fixtures

43 minutes ago, Radford said:

Bottom six will see Accies play their games as expected, Thistle in Perth a third time, then either County or Motherwell making a third trip to Dens Park, with the other getting an extra home fixture for 20/18 split. Both clubs have had 18/20 splits previously, County last season and Motherwell in 2009/10.

Given that Well have f**k all to play for I'll be irrationally seething if they get 20/18 at our expense. 

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They always say every team sometimes gets a raw deal post split fixtures. I know Killie have twice played 20 away and 18 home and once the reverse.  Killie will also most likely be sent to Ibrox for the third time this season. Only two teams as far as I am aware have always had a 19 home and 19 away split. They are Celtic and Rangers and no matter what, I don’t think either one of them will end up playing 3 times at the other’s ground. The computer will only produce what it’s fed.

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

We will most likely get the third trip to Dens to balance out last season's situation when Dundee had three games at Fir Park. Funnily enough we had three away games at Celtic Park in the 2009/10 season when we were on the wrong side of the imbalance. As for the top six, Kilmarnock will certainly be at Ibrox for a third time, and most likely Aberdeen as they have had three 20/18 imbalances and only two 18/20 splits or Hibs as they have had one imbalance of 20/18.

Given that Well have f**k all to play for I'll be irrationally seething if they get 20/18 at our expense. 

It would surely be fairer to the teams that have something to play for to give the extra home game to Motherwell or Saint Johnstone and keep the playing field as level as possible between the relegation candidates

I realise that by extension this would mean I’m arguing that Hearts should get a 20th away game so as not to distort the “race for Europe”

Given that we had to ask a favour from the league to get a run of away games early in the season it would seem churlish to object.

49 minutes ago, the west curve said:

They always say every team sometimes gets a raw deal post split fixtures. I know Killie have twice played 20 away and 18 home and once the reverse.  Killie will also most likely be sent to Ibrox for the third time this season. Only two teams as far as I am aware have always had a 19 home and 19 away split. They are Celtic and Rangers and no matter what, I don’t think either one of them will end up playing 3 times at the other’s ground. The computer will only produce what it’s fed.

Dundee United (16 seasons), Hearts (16 seasons), St Mirren (10 seasons) Dunfermline (8 seasons) and Hamilton (6 seasons) have also always had a 19H 19A split.

Surely we’re not going to be the ones getting absolutely bum shafted.

An 18/20 Home/Away split and a 3rd trip to Ibrox when we are competing directly against them for 2nd place. No thanks.

Send the Pop Tarts and the Killie Pies to Mordor instead. 

If I've worked it out correctly, then this is the current state of play in the Top 6.   A couple of teams will need to go to Ibrox for a third time, and somebody will end up with 18 homes.

image.png.fcadb42f1bff30784dc9188b6eb1c3e6.png

Obviously it makes sense for Killie to go to Ibrox for a third time, since that gives us the correct number of homes and aways.  It then comes down to what the SPFL think is a higher priority - having fewer within fixture imbalances (1H 3A), or maintaining long-term balance in terms of fixture splits.  Both Aberdeen and Hibs have, at some point in the past, had an extra home game, and therefore could be considered to be "due" an extra away game to balance things up.  However, sending either club to Ibrox for a third time would mean switching around various other fixtures too.   On the other hand, if they just send Hearts to Ibrox again, then there is no need to switch any other fixtures, and it also avoids disrupting the race for 2nd/3rd.

For the Bottom 6, it looks something like this.  Someone will end up with 20 homes, and there will have to be at least a couple switches.

image.png.c9006e61bba98676afc48c817b733e07.png

Sending Partick Thistle to Perth for a third time sorts out the imbalance for both of those clubs.  Dundee have to pick up an extra home game from somewhere, and the obvious candidates are Motherwell and Ross County.  Both clubs have had an 18H 20A imbalance at some point in the past, so that can't really come into it.  Since Motherwell are not involved in the relegation battle, it would seem to make most sense to send County to Dens for a third time and give Motherwell the extra home game.

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Dundee United (16 seasons), Hearts (16 seasons), St Mirren (10 seasons) Dunfermline (8 seasons) and Hamilton (6 seasons) have also always had a 19H 19A split.

I was meaning current Premiership teams. I never knew though that Hearts and Accies have never had an imbalance.

Looks fairly clear cut that Hearts and Killie should go to Ibrox again in the top six IMO.

I'd agree with others that you give Motherwell the imbalance in the bottom six as they have nothing important to play for.

By putting hearts and killie to Ibrox for a third time, which with the league as it is would make most sense, would leave a nice balance. However it would leave Killie with 4 away games. Switch the hearts game with Killie then you’d have balance again. Only thing would be Hearts having 18-20 for the season.

However. If it’s based on seeding from last season then it’ll be Hibs and Killie who go to 3rd seeded Rangers 3 times. However, this would leave hearts with 4-1 and Killie with 1-4. Reverse that fixture and everyone has 19-19 apart from lowest seeded Hibs who would have 18-20. It depends on the criteria. If seeding takes precedence then it’ll be this way. If they take into account the league it’ll be the above way. It’ll probably be neither.

28 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

By putting hearts and killie to Ibrox for a third time, which with the league as it is would make most sense, would leave a nice balance. However it would leave Killie with 4 away games. Switch the hearts game with Killie then you’d have balance again. Only thing would be Hearts having 18-20 for the season.

Killie have already been to Hearts twice this season - we beat them 2-1 at Murrayfield and drew 1-1 at Tynecastle.  So sending us to Ibrox would actually leave us with 3 away games as expected (Celtic, Rangers, Hibs).

Killie have already been to Hearts twice this season - we beat them 2-1 at Murrayfield and drew 1-1 at Tynecastle.  So sending us to Ibrox would actually leave us with 3 away games as expected (Celtic, Rangers, Hibs).

Apologies. You are quite correct. I think when I looked at hearts fixtures I forgot they switched a few at the start of the season.

In that case it seems a simple choice between either Hearts or Hibs going to Ibrox 3 times alongside Killie. If it’s based on seeding it’s Hibs, if it’s based on the table it’s Hearts. That gives everyone 19-19 apart from whichever one of Hearts or Hibs has to go to Ibrox who will have 18-20.

Confirmation that they are waiting to see when they can play the Bigot-Bowl before releasing the fixtures.

However, there is no suggestion that the SPFL is only bothered about two clubs.

No, none whatsoever.

At all.

None.

16 hours ago, Austinho said:

Surely we’re not going to be the ones getting absolutely bum shafted.

An 18/20 Home/Away split and a 3rd trip to Ibrox when we are competing directly against them for 2nd place. No thanks.

Send the Pop Tarts and the Killie Pies to Mordor instead. 

:rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Nastro said:

:rolleyes:

I mean, I could have resorted to Charity Thieves, Poppy Thieves, Sc*mbos, Gorgierrhea, Gorgoyles, Heart of Midtable, 15pointsback, the Blooded Turds, the Used Tampons, Handout of Midlothian, the Beggers,the Beg Team, Burgundy Bhoys, Sharts, the Wet Farts, or the Puddle Drinkers. But I didn't because I'm nice :)

I was just trying to keep it light hearted and pet-namey now that we officially own you.

Archived