2018 Winter Olympics

The Naitch

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Remarkable story in the Women Super G skiing where Ester Ledecka of Poland - who has been world champion in parallel snowboarding the previous 2yrs - put down a 'harem & scarem' run to win by just 1/100th of a second ahead of the defending champion.

Almost lost it on a few occasions but held on for a totally unexpected victory... the footage of her at the bottom is amazing as she can't comprehend that she's won, thinks some kind of mistake must have been made, and needs the cameraman to tell her its true so she's Olympic champion :lol:.

According to the BBC coverage the defending champion was already giving victory interviews to the press - the best skiers going at the top of the roster to get 'clean snow' then those further down not expected to challenge - unless I've misunderstood them and they were just being metaphorical.

Have not seen much of the mens curling but as noted the women have sadly been posting a lot of bad shots.

This was absolutely brilliant! She did indeed go off 19th and most of the others had left the area! Her reaction at the bottom! No expression, not taking anything in, just blank!

Remarkable story in the Women Super G skiing where Ester Ledecka of Poland - who has been world champion in parallel snowboarding the previous 2yrs - put down a 'harem & scarem' run to win by just 1/100th of a second ahead of the defending champion.

Almost lost it on a few occasions but held on for a totally unexpected victory... the footage of her at the bottom is amazing as she can't comprehend that she's won, thinks some kind of mistake must have been made, and needs the cameraman to tell her its true so she's Olympic champion :lol:.

According to the BBC coverage the defending champion was already giving victory interviews to the press - the best skiers going at the top of the roster to get 'clean snow' then those further down not expected to challenge - unless I've misunderstood them and they were just being metaphorical.

Have not seen much of the mens curling but as noted the women have sadly been posting a lot of bad shots.

Czech. It is some event that. Looks impossibly fast. And scenes at the end.

She genuinely thought it was a mistake. As I'm sure the Austrian did too. To be honest I watched the whole thing and wasn't convinced by the intermediate timings. A few of the skiiers were miles down at one point yet suddenly broke into the lead. And vice versa.

It gets better.

She used "second-hand" skis (actually skis meant for someone who withdrew).

She wore her goggles through the press conference as she hadn't packed make-up - "unlike the girls who expected to podium" - and felt embarrassed.

She said it was all too much and she'd rather go as she was supposed to have 3 snowboard practice runs bagged.

Immense.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

The f**k happened in the woman’s curling? I’m a bit lost. Either way our girls lose to Sweden

Eve held on to the stone for too long, foul shot. Bit of an error from someone so experienced.

The f**k happened in the woman’s curling? I’m a bit lost. Either way our girls lose to Sweden
The stones have lights built in that show whether it was released before the hog line, the red lights came on when Eve delivered her final stone so it was declared void. The video showed otherwise, and Eve tweeted this picture.

IMG_20180218_120701.jpg

The stones have lights built in that show whether it was released before the hog line, the red lights came on when Eve delivered her final stone so it was declared void. The video showed otherwise, and Eve tweeted this picture.

IMG_20180218_120701.thumb.jpg.7be05dc949176e873552e5477726da1b.jpg

Yea that’s the replay I seen. Seems all a bit of a farce. The girls took it well. I’d have been fucking raging. Seems to be a very friendly sport tho

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Yea that’s the replay I seen. Seems all a bit of a farce. The girls took it well. I’d have been fucking raging. Seems to be a very friendly sport tho

There was something said about a 'double touch', as if she touched the stone again by mistake after she let it go, I don't really know much about curling tho 

Archived