Motherwell vs Kilmarnock 17/2/18

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Please gentleman we are all #TB4 together emoji170.pngemoji170.png

I think we can agree that both managers are doing decent jobs for their respective clubs.

Hopefully the final meeting between the two this season comes in the Scottish Cup Final and gives the nation the showpiece #TB4 meeting it wants and needs.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A frustrating afternoon. We had the bulk of the play but Killie defended well and restricted us to very few clear cut chances after they scored following a poor error from Main - take nothing away from the strike though.

While I thought we were the better team, from a Killie point of view it was probably a perfect away performance. Our set piece delivery and decision making in the final third really let us down but make no mistake, we’ll play far worse than that and win games.

Good away support today too who backed their team throughout. There must have been a good 500 or so more than the usual to see half of the #TB4 face off, which is good to see. Unless the Steve Clarke juggernaut grinds to a halt or Hearts fall off a cliff it looks like bottom 6 for us which might not be all bad if we get to relegate Accies.
Its not only SC who has transformed Killie, don't underestimate the influence Alex Dyer has on our squad.

I've been to a few training sessions where he absolutely beasts them in a session, yet makes it fun for the players at the same time.

The players adour him & he seems to be the go to guy even when we score as evidenced with Youssouf against Celtic.

Don't have anything against Killie but this love in is a bit nauseating.
f**k the Ayrshire **** 

Hey you there’s no need for that. Although with Motherwell being Celtic sympathisers I shouldn’t expect any less from a Well fan.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It isn't us that have a red hand of Ulster on our badge and a team half full of ****. 

You mean the hand of benediction? Yeah that's a staunch proddy symbol that, someone should really tell the Vatican. 

There's always somebody desperate to bring Rangers into everything. :lol:

I made this point on another thread but see if less folk spent so much energy on obsessing about them and focussed their energy on supporting their own clubs then they would largely fade into even more of an irrelevance than they already are. Seriously, forget about them!

Kilmarnock fans are largely sound guys, the ones I've met anyway. A bit like ourselves in that they follow a small-ish club but are by far and away the biggest and strongest in their county and have been fixtures of the top flight for decades. They've had Cup success twice in that time though, I'd trade our 'European tours' for that any day of the week.

To say that they are the 'Ayrshire ****' is moronic patter and nothing more than buying into Celtic style propaganda without actually thinking for oneself.

Hey you there’s no need for that. Although with Motherwell being Celtic sympathisers I shouldn’t expect any less from a Well fan.

No surprise our wee troll ignored this post before his wee rant.

Didn't fit the agenda I suppose.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

There's always somebody desperate to bring Rangers into everything. :lol:

I made this point on another thread but see if less folk spent so much energy on obsessing about them and focussed their energy on supporting their own clubs then they would largely fade into even more of an irrelevance than they already are. Seriously, forget about them!

Kilmarnock fans are largely sound guys, the ones I've met anyway. A bit like ourselves in that they follow a small-ish club but are by far and away the biggest and strongest in their county and have been fixtures of the top flight for decades. They've had Cup success twice in that time though, I'd trade our 'European tours' for that any day of the week.

To say that they are the 'Ayrshire ****' is moronic patter and nothing more than buying into Celtic style propaganda without actually thinking for oneself.

I mean I was obviously joking and it was deliberately shite patter but crack on.

I mean, I like Kilmarnock - decent fans, similar kind of club to us etc, but the desperation to reach to the top six - just so they can sell out three and a half stands of their ground to Celtic fans while Celtic clinch another title - is poor from them.

Expected better.

Haven't had a chance to post since the game (or read the thread), so not sure what the thoughts are - but to me it was a close game, one that a daft mistake & good finish settled. We lacked any inventiveness, despite trying to play more football than we have since the turn of the year and having tons of possession - maybe the battering ram approach is better given how desperately poor our final ball was for the entire match.

Killie were very well organised indeed - kind of noticeable after playing Dundee, County, St Johnstone & accies of late - they were totally content to sit in at 1-0 and got away with it despite some late chances for us.

Top 6 wise, I think that's game over to be honest as we've got a tough run in to the split...so we can now Concentrate on the Cup :) 

Archived