Motherwell vs Kilmarnock 17/2/18

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb win.  Clarke's influence has been to teach a Killie team how to not throw away tonnes of goals.  There's a much more smart ethos throughout our play.

Glorious 3 points.  Only a shame that Well fans are a decent lot so the cherry-on-top, get-it-up-ye P&B activity won't be getting played out this week.

Imagine the SFA not going after Stevie instead of that clown Eck- delightfully incompetent.

Who's next?

Ecstatic at that result as predicted. Class act from the well fans on here as expected from #TB4 fans. Let's get Hearts Tae f**k and join us in the top 6 eh. 

On to the game itself, professional performance is a term I'd use to describe that game. Big SOD (for Scotland) had a really good game and had it tough today against a good winger, who has some left peg on him btw, and taken his goal with class. MacDonald sensational again. Jones, fucking Jordan Jones. If only you had a good final ball, all the talk wouldn't only be of how good Steve Clarke is!! Mulumbu playing a deeper role today, usually where dicker would be and strolled it as per. Broadfoot, top c**t but he's my top c**t <3

Joyful day all around.

#TB4

Big ups to Killie, that was your perfect away performance, as big an away crowd as I've seen from you in a while, and I can fully understand why.
On the plus side, we've signed Zorro.
Thank christ, he's talking a load of shite on the killie forums again

10 minutes ago, mjw said:

Frustrating as f**k because he could beat most full backs in that league if he wanted to. He doesn't seem to think he can.

He’s got a good turn of pace and generally whips in a decent ball with his left foot but he doesn’t do it often enough for me. I thought he started brightly enough but his head seemed to go down 2nd half today, he was far too predictable and all too often was easily brushed off the ball. Although to be fair to him I do appreciate he’s not a wing back.  

I’m a big fan of Tanner but he needs to learn when and where to release the ball, so frustrating to watch him undo a lot of his own good work by holding onto the ball for far too long and giving it away. 

Throw in Ciftci who had little impact and Bigi who’s only contribution of note was the worst shot you’ll see at Fir Park all season and it’s no surprise we didn’t score.

With the way Killie defended 2nd half you felt we were going to need a moment of magic from someone to score, unfortunately all our creative players were pretty poor today.

The 'the better side lost' claim doesn't wash with me I'm afraid.

Kilmarnock were well worthy of their win and we can have no complaints. They were well drilled, organised and played that game perfectly as an away side should.

We on the other hand were totally clueless and never looked like scoring all day. I felt it was a similar performance to the Hibs home game in October in that we just couldn't deal with a side sitting in. (Un)surprisingly enough, the result today was exactly as it was that day.

Not good enough.

Thought we were maybe worth a point, but for all our possession and forward play, in and around the box we were poor and could still be playing now without scoring. 

Fair play to Killie, a display of organisation and discipline similar to how we played when we had our decent run earlier in the season, shutting down space and limiting chances. 

Superb effort from their fans too btw, big numbers and noisy throughout. Respect. 

I think we were lucky to win today but it was nice to do to Motherwell what they have done to us so many times over the years at Rugby Park.

Good to see the positive comments from many Motherwell fans too.  

I thought Frear started well and was managing to get some good crosses into our box but the longer the game lasted he became more ineffective.  I though Main put n a good shift too.

As for Killie we defended really well, especially Boyd, Broadfoot and Taylor, bt felt we were really tired in the last 15-20 minutes, so great to keep going and dig out the victory.

2 hours ago, Desp said:

I thought we had the better of the game up until Killie scored, but after that it was a masterclass from Killie in shutting down a game. 

We didn't carry a lot of luck today, just seemed to be one of those days. 

Top 6 spot is Killie's to lose now. It's been some turnaround, so fair play. 

Pretty much this.

I actually enjoyed the match up until Kilmarnock scored and it's not often I've enjoyed watching us this season. We were playing on the grass and stringing some passes together.  I'm not Frear's biggest fan but I felt like having a genuine winger on the field improved our style of play over what we've mostly seen this season.  Unlucky to see one come off the post and we seemed to have a fairly strong penalty shout.

A bit disappointed we seemed to fall apart a bit afterwards, there was 60 minutes left of the match but I felt like we rushing it a bit after conceding and never really look as comfortable again in the match.  We became too narrow and Frear and Cadden fell out of the game and when Cadden was replaced with Grimshaw you sort of knew the jig was up.

We forced a few corners but Kilmarnock defended really well and we never really had a clear cut chance in the second half.  

Fair play to Killie. The turnaround this season is outrageous. Was at the first game at Fir Park which would have been towards the end of McCulloch’s reign and I would have had you nailed on for being play offs at least.

We weren’t very good today. Positives being Charlie Dunne turning in to Baresi at the back.

Archived