Aberdeen v Celtic

There is no doubt Christie makes a difference to Aberdeen,for me the rule should be changed Christie should be allowed to play against Celtic eg. Roberts against man city.
McInnes should decide weather to keep shinnie at left back or go out and get another one,Considine is the leak link he does a job but doing a job isn't good enough it's not a surprise the first goal came from Forrest it would be interesting to see how many goals Aberdeen concede down that side.
Aberdeen have a decent team  but the centre mid and left back problem is costing them points.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

You accept his shortcomings because you were gang for two decades but you could do much better than him.

I agree that we probably could, but the chances of us getting 2 (arguably 3) managerial appointments right on the trot are negligible. 

16 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

I feel for you. I grew up with an Aberdeen team that finished 2nd 8 times in 25 years, finished outside the top 4 just 3 times in those 25 years, won the Scottish Cup twice & the League Cup twice, plus 2 other Scottish Cup Finals and 4 League Cup Finals. And that’s without the Ferguson years.

The last 20 years have been a nightmare and coincide, incidentally, with the tenure of one Stewart Milne as Director and then Chairman. I have no faith in the next appointment given his track record…

Yeah, let’s just ignore the last five years as a fluke! What a set of fans we have. Unbelievable.

5 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

cannot believe aberdeen sat off celtic yesterday, mind boggling

See if you repeat something often enough, it becomes true, is that what is said? We had six excellent chances yesterday, not half chances. Nothing to do with Derek McInnes that we didn’t take any of them. Undoubtedly, for small spells in the game we did sit off, but all game? Pushed high up whenever Celtic had a goal kick or the keeper had the ball in his hands to make him kick it long. 

6 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

The answer to RA was about the 20 years prior to McInnes so wind yer neck in.

You did say “the last 20 years have been a nightmare” and appeared to suggest it’s down to Stewart Milne. This is the same Stewart Milne who kept the club afloat and has recently helped to rid us of our debt, and had a hand in not only appointing Derek McInnes, but twice persuading him to stay at Pittodrie.

48 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

See if you repeat something often enough, it becomes true, is that what is said? We had six excellent chances yesterday, not half chances. Nothing to do with Derek McInnes that we didn’t take any of them. Undoubtedly, for small spells in the game we did sit off, but all game? Pushed high up whenever Celtic had a goal kick or the keeper had the ball in his hands to make him kick it long. 

I'd agree with this. What surprised me most yesterday was how many half decent chances Celtic created when they went a bit more direct and played longish balls. They could only do this because Aberdeen were pushing up and pressing them.

Question for the Aberdeen fans, but what do you do next? You are clearly better than the majority of the league most of the time but seem incapable of beating Celtic and struggle big time against Rangers. As it stands you look like perpetual top 4 with the very odd cup win thrown in but no sign of the gap to the top spot coming close to really closing. Is this realistically as good as it gets now and if so, how does that feel?

41 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You did say “the last 20 years have been a nightmare” and appeared to suggest it’s down to Stewart Milne. This is the same Stewart Milne who kept the club afloat and has recently helped to rid us of our debt, and had a hand in not only appointing Derek McInnes, but twice persuading him to stay at Pittodrie.

I did say the last 20 years, my bad.

As for Stewart Milne keeping the club afloat, so he should have as he was instrumental in running up the debt that imperiled the club, trading losses of over £20M. If he takes the credit for appointing McInnes then he also has to take the blame for appointing McGhee, Paterson, Brown etc etc and so forth and so on.

19 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

I did say the last 20 years, my bad.

As for Stewart Milne keeping the club afloat, so he should have as he was instrumental in running up the debt that imperiled the club, trading losses of over £20M. If he takes the credit for appointing McInnes then he also has to take the blame for appointing McGhee, Paterson, Brown etc etc and so forth and so on.

Always look on the sh*te of life, doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo, always look on the sh*te side of life, doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo.............

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Always look on the sh*te of life, doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo, always look on the sh*te side of life, doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo.............

Are you...are you this happy clapper they're all talking about? Do you really think McInnes & Milne are above criticism?

Are you...are you this happy clapper they're all talking about? Do you really think McInnes & Milne are above criticism?

Nobody is above criticism but some of the meltdowns re mcinnes (admittedly on sites like afc chat/Aberdeen-mad) are ridiculous. I’ve seen calls for boycotts to get rid of mcinnes.

Utter lunacy.

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nobody is above criticism but some of the meltdowns re mcinnes (admittedly on sites like afc chat/Aberdeen-mad) are ridiculous. I’ve seen calls for boycotts to get rid of mcinnes.

Utter lunacy.

Yuh. Had a look.  There isn't much in the way of reasoned debate there, very little middle ground.

Archived