Only on a slightly related topic when it comes to discussing where you flush stuff/put it down the sink I always find it amazing that some people are brought up to think things are acceptable which others would be absolutely disgusted by.

This happened years ago but it shocked me so much that I still remember it.  My mate was in my kitchen one day and was suffering with a bit of a cold.  Whilst we were chatting he suddenly just did a huge (don't know the right word for it but when you clear your throat in preparation for a spit) gargle and then spat into my kitchen sink. He did run the water and run it away and the sink was empty but I was absolutely raging.  I asked him WTF he was doing and he said he has to get it out or he won't get rid of the cold.  I understand this but I told him to go to the bathroom next time and he was as shocked at this suggestion as I was when he initially did it. He said it all goes down the plug hole anyway regardless of the sink you use but still to this day I think he was wrong in spitting in my kitchen sink.

I only hung about with this guy for a year or two but I never had any food or drink in his flat after this after learning of this kitchen sink spitting scenario.

4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Only on a slightly related topic when it comes to discussing where you flush stuff/put it down the sink I always find it amazing that some people are brought up to think things are acceptable which others would be absolutely disgusted by.

This happened years ago but it shocked me so much that I still remember it.  My mate was in my kitchen one day and was suffering with a bit of a cold.  Whilst we were chatting he suddenly just did a huge (don't know the right word for it but when you clear your throat in preparation for a spit) gargle and then spat into my kitchen sink. He did run the water and run it away and the sink was empty but I was absolutely raging.  I asked him WTF he was doing and he said he has to get it out or he won't get rid of the cold.  I understand this but I told him to go to the bathroom next time and he was as shocked at this suggestion as I was when he initially did it. He said it all goes down the plug hole anyway regardless of the sink you use but still to this day I think he was wrong in spitting in my kitchen sink.

I only hung about with this guy for a year or two but I never had any food or drink in his flat after this after learning of this kitchen sink spitting scenario.

I may be getting my Killie fans mixed up, but didn't you admit to brushing your teeth whilst having a shit?  

If it was you, you're in no fucking position to give anyone a hard time.

If it wasn't.  Sorry.

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

I may be getting my Killie fans mixed up, but didn't you admit to brushing your teeth whilst having a shit?  

If it was you, you're in no fucking position to give anyone a hard time.

If it wasn't.  Sorry.

Apology not needed, this was indeed me.

Your post actually confirms the earlier part of mine.  Everyone does things that they think are acceptable whereas others are absolutely disgusted by these actions.

53 minutes ago, Rugster said:

We have a bag specifically for the wean that we lift on the way out the door when we're going anywhere with her. I've got enough shit to contend with in my bag without worrying about all her stuff. 

Why do you have a bag that is not a baby/child bag?

Aye, just reading that there. From the sounds of BBPF's method (which gained some backing on here) folk only require 1 wet wipe per shite anyway.
Can't say I've ever felt that my hoop wasn't clean after a shite but the insistence from some on here makes me think I'm missing a trick.

One per shite is correct.

The majority of the wiping is done with paper, the flushable wipe is used to basically remove any remaining shite that the paper misses (which would surprise you). All of this is followed up by a soft sweep of paper again to dry (you dont want to go in too hard on the drying sweep or the paper can break up due to the moisture present and clingons will form).

You can get a packet for about 50p out of Asda and they last a while due to the one a shite requirement. It will change your life, trust me. Your arse will feel unbelievably clean.

I'd totally avoid baby wipes, make sure it's the flushable ones. My neighbour used to take her make up off with baby wipes (so she claimed) and it caused a blockage in the drain in her garden. I came home from work one day to the sight of her kids garden toys floating around in a lake of stale shite.

2 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

You are not clogging up our toilet with baby wipes. 

I’m trying not to be too harsh here, but this is starting to get really fucking annoying.

Nobody has recommended using baby wipes. One flushable wet wipe per shite does not block a toilet, I have been doing it for years in multiple different households and have never once blocked a toilet. Wipe your manky arse properly. 

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m trying not to be too harsh here, but this is starting to get really fucking annoying.

Nobody has recommended using baby wipes. One flushable wet wipe per shite does not block a toilet, I have been doing it for years in multiple different households and have never once blocked a toilet. Wipe your manky arse properly. 

Thank you.

I have been perfectly capable of wiping my arse squeaky clean for the last 27 years without the use of wet wipes. 

16 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’d just like to point out that in a thread a few weeks back I called out people for being manky b*****ds who don’t check the paper and apparently just hope their arse is clean. Nobody batted an eyelid.

@GordonD please explain yourself.

I think he's, wisely, gone down the turboshandy route of departing the site never to be heard from again after that revelation.

5 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I have been perfectly capable of wiping my arse squeaky clean for the last 27 years without the use of wet wipes. 

Incorrect. I thought the same myself until I realised the (disgusting) error of my ways. I guess some people will never change, in spite of evidence that they’re walking around with shitey arses. Sad to see.

@Rugster I implore you to ignore your wife and to change your life forever. Then hopefully convince her to do the same.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Incorrect. I thought the same myself until I realised the (disgusting) error of my ways. I guess some people will never change, in spite of evidence that they’re walking around with shitey arses. Sad to see.

@Rugster I implore you to ignore your wife and to change your life forever. Then hopefully convince her to do the same.

Listen mate we know who wears the trousers in my house.

With that said, I need to inform you that my trial is cancelled.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Listen mate we know who wears the trousers in my house.

With that said, I need to inform you that my trial is cancelled.

It’s like you’re on the cusp of winning the lottery, but are burning your ticket. Do it without her knowing, one wipe will not block the toilet unless you have 18th century plumbing.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Bloody hell.

Yes you are. Get this sorted ffs.

I don't use wet whipes either unless I've had ring sting which has been a while.

Just keep wiping until no poo on the paper ?
On a night out or wherever and one needs a poo does one ask someone for a wipe before going to the toilet ?

Questions have already been answered multiple times. When out of the house you have to make do with paper. Do a test run, if you wipe with paper until nothing left, then wipe with a wet wipe, you will see what was actually left.

24 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

One per shite is correct.

The majority of the wiping is done with paper, the flushable wipe is used to basically remove any remaining shite that the paper misses (which would surprise you). All of this is followed up by a soft sweep of paper again to dry (you dont want to go in too hard on the drying sweep or the paper can break up due to the moisture present and clingons will form).

You can get a packet for about 50p out of Asda and they last a while due to the one a shite requirement. It will change your life, trust me. Your arse will feel unbelievably clean.

I'd totally avoid baby wipes, make sure it's the flushable ones. My neighbour used to take her make up off with baby wipes (so she claimed) and it caused a blockage in the drain in her garden. I came home from work one day to the sight of her kids garden toys floating around in a lake of stale shite.

If everyone could just read this post and follow it, the world would be a better (and less smelly) place.