Things That University of Life Students Do

11 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

No. I was hinting at the lack of self awareness these UoL’ers have.

I think we could see a return to the UoL'er attitude as going back in time education was a divide set by the affordability of further education, which we could well see rearing its ugly head again (in England & Wales) with tuition fees being what they are.

The introduction of tuition fees was an absolute scandal. The fact that it was introduced by the Labour Party, to whom access to further education for all should be one of its very core principals makes its introduction even harder to fathom.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we could see a return to the UoL'er attitude as going back in time education was a divide set by the affordability of further education, which we could well see rearing its ugly head again (in England & Wales) with tuition fees being what they are.
The introduction of tuition fees was an absolute scandal. The fact that it was introduced by the Labour Party, to whom access to further education for all should be one of its very core principals makes its introduction even harder to fathom.

Don’t disagree but my understanding is you have to actually say ‘university of life me’ preferably on Facebook to qualify as a UoL graduate. The University of YOLO has a similar entry and exam structure.

2 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Don’t disagree but my understanding is you have to actually say ‘university of life me’ preferably on Facebook to qualify as a UoL graduate. The University of YOLO has a similar entry and exam structure.

That makes sense actually. The "protest too much" attitude highlighting their insecurities.

3 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

You also have to brag about "mummy and daddy" not supporting you in getting an education, as if having skint parents is some kind of virtue.

You also have to brag about "mummy and daddy" not supporting you in getting an education, as if having skint parents is some kind of virtue.

True UoL’ers wouldn’t want some wanky academic degree, they know everything they need to know (often their da is senior lecturer) and wouldn’t go to the real thing if you paid them.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

See: Shadwell Dog.

Beaten to it by a bawhair there, Shandon.

I didn't get to see the final throes of it. I saw he'd replied to me but by the time I went to check it all traces of the discussion had gone. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I didn't get to see the final throes of it. I saw he'd replied to me but by the time I went to check it all traces of the discussion had gone. 

Totally missed this.

Just now, Shandon Par said:

It wasn't really allowed to go much further. He did manage to throw in a few "I won't have the PC Brigade deciding what language is racist" or the like. PhD Graduate from the UoL, oor Shadwell.

16 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Not read this thread but I’ll add

Starts sentences with “I’m no racist, but...”

Procedes to be racist.

Before you went to university did you not learn to spell?

42 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

In my first job I got grief for asking someone if they had read Irvine Welsh, because I read books.

"Away and read a book" 

I liked Bill Hicks but that makes me realise why normal people ended up voting for Trump. 

7 hours ago, Northboy said:

Has anyone ever graduated from the University of Life? People I meet who claim to have studied there show all the signs of having dropped out after 1st year.

There's basically 2 paths UoLers can take. You get a certificate of hard knocks or a degree of common sense.

Entry requirements are being middle aged, overweight and red faced.

20 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

There's basically 2 paths UoLers can take. You get a certificate of hard knocks or a degree of common sense.

Entry requirements are being middle aged, overweight and red faced.

better employment prospects than university of Abertay though.

Archived