BBC bias

7 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

What's your point, caller?  This thread is about the BBC.

Just that everyone thought the same, not just the BBC. And the fascists have got seats in Parliament for the first time since Franco. It's a news story. I'd agree that the bigger headline should have been a massive win for the left though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48081540

Just now, welshbairn said:

Just that everyone thought the same, not just the BBC. And the fascists have got seats in Parliament for the first time since Franco. It's a news story. I'd agree that the bigger headline should have been a massive win for the left though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48081540

Define "everybody".

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I don't know where to go with that if you won't accept Catalan News. The Daily Telegraph?

Jeezo.  You post a bit of whataboutery, define it as "everyone" then moan when someone asks a simple question about it.  Not a good look.

4 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Jeezo.  You post a bit of whataboutery, define it as "everyone" then moan when someone asks a simple question about it.  Not a good look.

Just about every complaint about the BBC on here turns out to be about reporting the same news in the same way as everyone else is. This is no different. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Just about every complaint about the BBC on here turns out to be about reporting the same news in the same way as everyone else is. This is no different. 

So the BBC are not employing journalists any more, they're just following what "everyone else" does?  Isn't that worse?

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

So the BBC are not employing journalists any more, they're just following what "everyone else" does?  Isn't that worse?

They report the "news", what they think will most interest their viewers. I happen to think they got it wrong, the big story was a massive victory for the left, but that didn't become clear until late in the day. The fact that Fascists were back in Parliament for the first time since Franco was still a big story though. 

More specifically, the complaints are almost always that the BBC News doesn’t slant things the way someone wants it, or that equal balance isn’t given (or is given) to both sides.

You'll be able to quote me doing this then?

Well what you actually said was possibly worse,

‘I didn't suggest stopping them voting in elections, just modifying the criteria for a single referendum’

‘Them’ being groups you don’t consider likely to vote Yes. Like English people, students from elsewhere etc etc

2 hours ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Well what you actually said was possibly worse,

‘I didn't suggest stopping them voting in elections, just modifying the criteria for a single referendum’

‘Them’ being groups you don’t consider likely to vote Yes. Like English people, students from elsewhere etc etc

Or people who aren't permanent residents of Scotland.  What a monster eh.

NEW: Broadcast regulator Ofcom finds the BBC and Andrew Neil “misrepresented a factual matter” and misled viewers in 2017 local elections in Scotland https://t.co/qmgqRRcNG5

Quelle surprise.
One thing I don't understand about Neils response is that he thought the information to be "credible", if not accurate, and he was fine with that.
How is that alright?

32 minutes ago, thisal said:

I see the latest Conservative party  political broadcast was disguised as Reporting Scotland's top story for the day. Is that allowed?

Certainly lacked balance but what would you expect from an organisation that employs Nick Robinson?

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Colkitto said:
D5Wt1CFXsAAcELo.jpg&key=e1718563e5a4039cef9d48c2c49ee52a92fabbe387108656aa66e897525c20d9

How is the national performing in terms of circulation numbers, are they increasing? How do they compare against the Record and S Sun?

Naw sure. But when the FM announced indyref2 the National launched a 10,000 steps campaign. The aim is to get 10,000 digital subscribers to the National and they are already well over the 1/2 way mark.