BBC bias

Watched Andrew Marr this morning thinking he would be getting ripped into Johnson & his cronies, not one mention of what they have been up to. He had the Smith woman on & you could see she was itching to get a dig in at the Scottish Government & took great delight in saying according to a poll in a couple papers the Unionists had closed the gap with the  SNP. The BBC Scotland political show that followed carried on in much the same vein with Mr Ross putting in an appearance and given an easy time of it until just before the end he was asked about double standards with Johnson & pals already found guilty of misleading parliament if they should resign, this made him look as if he needed to go muck the coos out or something. Have threatened to stop paying the licence fee but BBC are so blatantly against Scotland i will not be paying it again. 

Watched Andrew Marr this morning thinking he would be getting ripped into Johnson & his cronies, not one mention of what they have been up to. He had the Smith woman on & you could see she was itching to get a dig in at the Scottish Government & took great delight in saying according to a poll in a couple papers the Unionists had closed the gap with the  SNP. The BBC Scotland political show that followed carried on in much the same vein with Mr Ross putting in an appearance and given an easy time of it until just before the end he was asked about double standards with Johnson & pals already found guilty of misleading parliament if they should resign, this made him look as if he needed to go muck the coos out or something. Have threatened to stop paying the licence fee but BBC are so blatantly against Scotland i will not be paying it again. 
It got worse the Radio version of that show which I popped on waiting for the start of Sportsound where Fiona Stalker allowed the owner of Garage nightclub a fairly long and barely challenged attack on the First Minister and the Scottish Government.

You wonder what the point of the rules on political neutrality are when journalists can barely be arsed to enforce them.

13 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

It got worse the Radio version of that show which I popped on waiting for the start of Sportsound where Fiona Stalker allowed the owner of Garage nightclub a fairly long and barely challenged attack on the First Minister and the Scottish Government.

You wonder what the point of the rules on political neutrality are when journalists can barely be arsed to enforce them.

I suppose it’s a bit like the Brexit debate where the BBC were overwhelmingly anti Brexit.

Actually, I wouldn’t worry too much about media bias as the public quickly suss things out and spot that they are being for a ride.

Geissler made DRoss look like a clown.

Long may it continue

43 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Donald MacLeod seems to have an open invite and although Fiona Stalker tried to balance his partisan rhetoric, it's safe to assume they knew what they were getting when they booked him. In fact, a quick search reveals that his views aren't necessarily those that are representative of a grown up debating room.

My word, he even suggested that the Scottish Government are minded to permanently close all nightclubs in the land. A blowhard that should be nowhere near public service broadcasting.

On 07/03/2021 at 12:58, Dawson Park Boy said:

I suppose it’s a bit like the Brexit debate where the BBC were overwhelmingly anti Brexit.

Actually, I wouldn’t worry too much about media bias as the public quickly suss things out and spot that they are being for a ride.

The BBC repeatedly presented the econmics of Brexit as an unsettled issue up for debate and had a pro and anti on each  programme.

In reality the case for leave was Patrick Minford (laissez faire ideologue and not a trade expert) and a couple of fringe figures from the city. The case for remain was every single respectable economist in the country.

I don't know what evidence you have for bias (guessing it's counting minutes that DC got on screen v BJ or something) but the economy was one of the most important issues (the other being immigration) and presenting it as neutral completely skewed the debate in favour of leave. 

On 07/03/2021 at 13:39, sophia said:

Donald MacLeod seems to have an open invite and although Fiona Stalker tried to balance his partisan rhetoric, it's safe to assume they knew what they were getting when they booked him. In fact, a quick search reveals that his views aren't necessarily those that are representative of a grown up debating room.

My word, he even suggested that the Scottish Government are minded to permanently close all nightclubs in the land. A blowhard that should be nowhere near public service broadcasting.

Probably they met and partied at Clatty Pats in their younger days.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

My folks watch this daily. Mum is certainly an NS fan but they watch it for information from the horse's mouth. But yes, I can see why this causes anger.

I certainly get the issue when they use the covid briefing to address issues that aren't related to covid. 

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
15 minutes ago, Stormzy said:
I certainly get the issue when they use the covid briefing to address issues that aren't related to covid. 

Like every unionist journalist that continued to ask Nic questions about Salmond when she was trying to give said briefings?

Aye she should've refused to answer them or stopped inviting the press to daily covid briefings if they were distracting away from covid issues. I'm not sure who the specific Unionist journalists are you reference, the issue is more about party politics on TV rather than Indy vs non Indy.

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
16 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Like every unionist journalist that continued to ask Nic questions about Salmond when she was trying to give said briefings?

Quite happy for her to continue.

Most folks I know are sick of the sight of her.

Shes suffering from too much exposure, especially after all the recent hullabaloo.

Aye she should've refused to answer them or stopped inviting the press to daily covid briefings if they were distracting away from covid issues. I'm not sure who the specific Unionist journalists are you reference, the issue is more about party politics on TV rather than Indy vs non Indy.
"Stop inviting the press"
That would have went down well.
I can imagine the response to that.

3 minutes ago, jakedee said:

"Stop inviting the press"
That would have went down well.
I can imagine the response to that.

Aye of course but not like a blanket ban, do her weekly one and invite the press then just rattle through the figures every other day without them if she thinks these are essential briefings, otherwise as has been raised it can just become political grandstanding. I don't think you could scream lack of scrutiny if she still saw them regularly, her press office was responsive and she still attended FMQs. 

Edited by Stormzy

10 minutes ago, Paco said:

He's said about the issue with the BBC airing it and of course the occasions that have already happened. 

She's said she'll stop doing them closer to the election.

He could have read that and it still wouldn't have changed his position on how he believes the BBC have acted poorly.