BBC bias

Noticed this morning that Lesley Riddoch was introduced on GMS as "an independence supporting journalist" (story was about SNP / Green agreement)  I may have missed all the introductions to "Union supporting journalists" whenever they get anyone from The Mail, Express, Herald or Scotsman etc on

I note that the lead-in to a story about Social Security Scotland on Reporting Scotland tonight was introduced with the words "A Scottish Government Agency has said sorry..."

Here's a link to the 'story' on the BBC website - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66465476

Whilst I'm not exactly happy with the concept of holding quizzes during work hours, I fail to see how the fact that adult disability payments are devolved has any bearing on the fact that Huntley and Brady were pictured in a quiz, or why this shocked and enraged the complainant. We know what Huntley & Brady look like because of media reports, FFS!

I hope that the complainant has also complained to the BBC that they were pictured on it's flagship teatime news programme and on the linked news 'story'

However, I'm sure that everyone has dutifully lapped up today's "Scottish Government baaaaaaad" announcement

2 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

I note that the lead-in to a story about Social Security Scotland on Reporting Scotland tonight was introduced with the words "A Scottish Government Agency has said sorry..."

Here's a link to the 'story' on the BBC website - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66465476

Whilst I'm not exactly happy with the concept of holding quizzes during work hours, I fail to see how the fact that adult disability payments are devolved has any bearing on the fact that Huntley and Brady were pictured in a quiz, or why this shocked and enraged the complainant. We know what Huntley & Brady look like because of media reports, FFS!

I hope that the complainant has also complained to the BBC that they were pictured on it's flagship teatime news programme and on the linked news 'story'

However, I'm sure that everyone has dutifully lapped up today's "Scottish Government baaaaaaad" announcement

If ever an employee deserved a punch in the mouth, this is it. Utter pish 

I don’t often watch the Beeb news but was at my old man’s and he had newsnight on. A Tory SPAD was debating a Tory website owner about what the best way to be cunty to migrants was while Kirsty Wark bollocked some charity guy for there being “a large number of Albanians in the country.” 

12 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Why not?  It's a pretty normal thing in call centres on a Friday (in that environment you get precisely zero time off your actual work to do it anyway).  

12 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

When I read that story I could not comprehend the pettiness...I then realised that I had used exactly the same image of Ian Huntley in a quiz round I did at the golf club last winter.....awaiting a chap on the door.

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Anyway, Marcus is obviously happy to display symbols of the third Reich on his Facebook page 🙄

Screenshot_20230811-082631.png

You're flaming a guy for having a still from the greatest football film of all time? 🙂