BBC bias

This evening's five o'clock bulletin ran, unsurprisingly, with Boris' mate's accusations in the Times, but did at least mention the MCB asking what had happened to the promised Tory enquiry into Islamaphobia.

Twenty minutes devoted to antisemitism, including Julia Neuberger presuming to speak for all Jews. Three minutes on the Islamaphobia story.

I can only assume this shows the respect that the BBC shows each faith reflects the number of adherents in the UK. Oh, wait a minute..

...imho, it's also worth noting that since this bullshit smear campaign surfaced, Labour have root and branch transformed their disciplinary process, and are working through all allegations, no matter how frivolous or vexatious.
The Tories, meanwhile, are doing.absolutely.fùck.all.

Besides electing one of their foulest as leader, that is.

29 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Kuennsberg ranking the levels of racism within political parties live on the BBC website here. Cool!

Screenshot 2019-11-26 at 20.17.43.png

Have you got a link for that? Can't find it to read the whole thing. Could be she's talking about the scale of the onslaught Corbyn's getting, which is undeniable.

Edited by welshbairn

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Have you got a link for that? Can't find it to read the whole thing. Could be she's talking about the scale of the onslaught Corbyn's getting, which is undeniable.

Saw it on Twitter. You would hope so unless she thinks Boris's mate giving him hauners is a bigger indictment of the Labour Party than the Tory manifesto promising to confiscate the property of Roma and other traveller communites is of the Tory Party.

Edited by NotThePars

47 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Kuennsberg ranking the levels of racism within political parties live on the BBC website here. Cool!

Screenshot 2019-11-26 at 20.17.43.png

I haven't actively followed this issue. 

What is the evidence of anti-Semitism in the Labour party?  I've heard that Corbyn isn't prosecuting AS charges against Labour party members 'hard enough' but I haven't heard or seen what these AS members are actually accused of doing.

Anyone know or is it all covered by GDPR?

I haven't actively followed this issue. 
What is the evidence of anti-Semitism in the Labour party?  I've heard that Corbyn isn't prosecuting AS charges against Labour party members 'hard enough' but I haven't heard or seen what these AS members are actually accused of doing.
Anyone know or is it all covered by GDPR?

It’s a very good question. Nobody seems to be very specific about it.

20 minutes ago, The DA said:

There is different stuff. There are some Labour members who have shared anti semitic memes and articles and Labour have usually taken the position that the best thing to do is offer training and education so they have a greater understanding of the issues at hand in the future.

There are also hundreds of instances of incidents being reported to Labour which are about people who are not Labour members. The Sunday Times did an "expose" of abuse which was reported none of which was actually Labour members. So when you hear about cases being reported bear in mind that doesn't automatically mean they are Labour members.

There are also people being reported for talking about Zionists which is ridiculous. The Israeli and American right wings are gearing up for a massive land grab. Zionist is the correct term for them and they should be called out.

There is far more documented racism in the Tory Party and by Tory MPs including the Prime Minister. The media are not interested though.

I don't think the scandal particularly hurts Labour but it does prevent them from talking about the things they want to talk about like schools, NHS, jobs, housing etc

On 25/11/2019 at 17:08, jakedee said:

When doing the "business news" and commenting on the markets, final comment was " and sterling is doing well" the caption showing £1 = $1.29. Changed days if that's doing well.

A 'dollar' was slang for 5 shillings when I were a lad. In the early 20th century the exchange rate was approx 4 dollars to the pound.

Changed days indeed.

ETA      It'll be back up there after brexit, of course. :whistle

Aye, right,    more like £4 to the $    :angry:

Edited by cyderspaceman

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

There is different stuff. There are some Labour members who have shared anti semitic memes and articles and Labour have usually taken the position that the best thing to do is offer training and education so they have a greater understanding of the issues at hand in the future.

There are also hundreds of instances of incidents being reported to Labour which are about people who are not Labour members. The Sunday Times did an "expose" of abuse which was reported none of which was actually Labour members. So when you hear about cases being reported bear in mind that doesn't automatically mean they are Labour members.

There are also people being reported for talking about Zionists which is ridiculous. The Israeli and American right wings are gearing up for a massive land grab. Zionist is the correct term for them and they should be called out.

There is far more documented racism in the Tory Party and by Tory MPs including the Prime Minister. The media are not interested though.

I don't think the scandal particularly hurts Labour but it does prevent them from talking about the things they want to talk about like schools, NHS, jobs, housing etc

Correct.   It suits certain parties to conflate anti-Israeli sentiment with anti-semitism.

And anyway, I've never understood the 'race' thing about Jewishness.  It's a religion. There are black African Jews  as well as white European Jews.

It's a can of worms. (absolutely no offence meant!)