BBC bias

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Makes no sense for the BBC to be doing this. Given how much Murdoch and his empire would love to have the BBC disbanded or at least opened for him to make money from, I can only assume that either Boris, the Conservatives, or some high heid yins at the beeb are also batting for that outcome. Why else make it so easy to level so much criticism at you at such a critical time?

Cameron filled the BBC Trust with his cronies and BBC News has been appointing loads of right wingers like Rob Burley and Sarah Sands to editorial positions. There is a good Twitter post about it that i'll have a look for.

If the BBC is doing the right wing presses' bidding then Murdoch will leave them be. They make more money out of a Tory government than you can make in the media. He loses money on the Times and the Sun.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Cameron filled the BBC Trust with his cronies and BBC News has been appointing loads of right wingers like Rob Burley and Sarah Sands to editorial positions. There is a good Twitter post about it that i'll have a look for.

If the BBC is doing the right wing presses' bidding then Murdoch will leave them be. They make more money out of a Tory government than you can make in the media. He loses money on the Times and the Sun.

I imagine he could make far more money if the license fee was scrapped and it was a largely subscription service.

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

It's the truculent wounded replies him and his mates are doing as dozens of people who know what they're talking about body him over and over. It's a bawhair from "well if I knew you were all going to be like this I wouldn't have even bothered reporting at all" & flouncing off.

And then it's repeated as a ridiculous aim by Andrew Neil on TV.

'With their elitist plan to plant trees, the liberal left show their sneering contempt for Britain's working class'

Brendan O'Neill for Spiked Online.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....
Ha, beat me to it.

STV news are pushing the BBC very close, that's around 16 days on the trot they have ran baby deaths stories.....extremley tragic cases that shows no signs of stopping, would this have happened if it hadn't been election time?
If only you had died as a baby none of us would have had to read that pish.

50 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:
3 hours ago, tbsouth said:
STV news are pushing the BBC very close, that's around 16 days on the trot they have ran baby deaths stories.....extremley tragic cases that shows no signs of stopping, would this have happened if it hadn't been election time?

If only you had died as a baby none of us would have had to read that pish.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/shrewsbury-maternity-scandal/nhs-maternity-scandal-shrewsbury-telford-hospitals-mothers-babies-report-a9207176.html

This broke on the same day....never heard a thing about it since this article.

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

Daily Mail aren't holding back on it, but carefully leave the Tory Government out of responsibility.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7732925/As-200-families-come-forward-Shrewsbury-maternity-scandal.html

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Daily Mail aren't holding back on it, but carefully leave the Tory Government out of responsibility.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7732925/As-200-families-come-forward-Shrewsbury-maternity-scandal.html

Bexause both Labour and Tory governments are to blame we see or hear next to nothing.

Will these BBC TV journalist folk like Coburn,Mason, Kunnesberg etc.. become as bitter as the Scottish BBC ones like Jackie Bird, Douglas Fraser,Kirsty Wark etc.. As they seem to rage at Nationalists for calling out their BS and just get more entrenched in their views. Once the tories get in aided and abetted  by Auntie Beeb I can see mass dumping of the license throughout the UK.