Netflix

Biscuits

15 minutes ago, grumswall said:
On 05/01/2019 at 12:04, Dee Man said:
She suggested watching it last night to me - my missus, not yours - and I asked her if it was any paranormal pish before watching it. She said she didn't think so - it was. Probably an enjoyable film if you enjoy that genre but it's not for me. It reminded me of a cross between The Langoliers and Lost when it started getting silly. 
Watched Captain Fantastic at my mate's house last week after skipping by it a few times at home due to immediately assuming it was superhero related. I thought it was a tremendous film. Fantastic in fact lolololol. Here's a write up that I have stolen from elsewhere. 
Ben Cash (Viggo Mortensen), his wife Leslie and their six children live deep in the wilderness of Washington state. Isolated from society, Ben and Leslie devote their existence to raising their kids -- educating them to think critically, training them to be physically fit and athletic, guiding them in the wild without technology and demonstrating the beauty of co-existing with nature. When Leslie dies suddenly, Ben must take his sheltered offspring into the outside world for the first time.

Is that on Netflix? Watched it a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yeah, on Netflix, although I watch it on Aussie Netflix so maybe not the same as UK.

The search engine for Netflix is so, so bad.  
Try using the Amazon Prime one on a smart TV. Awful interface, gives totally random results that don't match anything and seems to want an exact match for a tv show you want to watch.
Watched some of 'Billions' ON Netflix while in Australia and was devastated to come home and find that it wasn't available here
Billions is on Sky Atlantic here. It's very good, I can't decide who I like least every episode.

1 hour ago, quickoverayard said:
13 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
VPN.

I used unblockus but doesnt work now

Netflix cracked down on DNS based services a while back. They put in extra technical checks but also went after the companies, putting pressure on Paypal and other payment providers to basically cut off any way the companies had of collecting money.

As Jimmy boo said, a decent VPN is the only way - that I know of - to switch to other regions. It has to be a decent one too, ie a paid one, as they seem to be the only ones that will fool the location checks Netflix does.

I only watched a couple of episodes of that Sunderland documentary, but have to echo the sentiments a few pages back of the editing being absolutely horrendous.

For a game away to Carlisle they start with footage of the team boarding a plane and the plane then taking off. I pointed this out to a mate who was also watching, but as we were both half-cut at the time we decided that we must have just imagined it. Then, low-and-behold, after the game there's a clip of a plane landing and the team getting off.

Why the f**k are they trying to make it out as though they flew the 70 odd miles to Carlisle? Bizarre.

17 hours ago, Mr X said:

Netflix cracked down on DNS based services a while back. They put in extra technical checks but also went after the companies, putting pressure on Paypal and other payment providers to basically cut off any way the companies had of collecting money.

As Jimmy boo said, a decent VPN is the only way - that I know of - to switch to other regions. It has to be a decent one too, ie a paid one, as they seem to be the only ones that will fool the location checks Netflix does.

On this note, Nord VPN has no problems with Netflix.   BBC iPlayer, sometimes, but not Netflix.  

On this note, Nord VPN has no problems with Netflix.   BBC iPlayer, sometimes, but not Netflix.  

I just got Nord, was $100 for 3 years and has been great. Tunnel Bear was good for Sky Go but couldn’t do Netflix or iPlayer, Nord has been perfect for them all.